• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The 1st Ride of 2009 - Brisbane to Gloucester OZ

And we did see some iconic Aussie wildlife. It's a laughing Kookaburra (as opposed to a blue winged kookaburra).

Day 5 - Saturday

Luckily the weather cleared as we were back on the bikes with a mission. A meet up had been planned with one of the blokes from AIGOR that lived in the small town of Morpeth about 2 hours south of Gloucester (well 2 hours at our relaxed touring speed). AIGOR, the Australian Internet Guzzi Owners Register, is an old style email list that is just a cracker - frequented by many of the Australian Guzzi crowd including Mr Roper and lots of others who I have seen post every now and again on Guzzitech and other boards around the traps, but who always seem to come back to AIGOR. It's a sort of spiritual home that is kind-a-nice, no techno wizardry or distracting pics (no attachments allowed), just a virtual rally fire to sit around and chat Guzzi.

They had nice coffee at Jackson's and the food was first class - who can beat breakfast at 9:30am on the balcony overlooking the river.

But Morpeth had some surprises in store - We had never met Charles, and just assumed he rode a Guzzi, but he strangely told me over the phone to "look out for his car" which at the time seemed odd but which I didn't give another thought to, until we U turned in the Morpeth main street and spied the strangest "Guzzi" I had ever clapped eyes on parked outside Jackson's Coffee Shop, our allotted meeting spot.

The details elude me, but suffice to say that Charles built it all himself, A Guzzi engine bolted to an adapter plate running a Citroën geabox. The sound from that exhaust as he pulled away down the street was awesome. What a beauty - I want one!!!!!

After oggling Charles' car we were on our own in Morpeth - it's a quaint town - established in 1821 on the banks of the Hunter River, and was once a thriving river port for ships taking goods around Australia and the world. We spent an enjoyable few hours paddling around the trinket shops and generally relaxing.

But I have to tell you about the Morpeth bridge over the Hunter river- it's a nice looking bridge aint it!

But look closely at the warning signs... there are a few, and tucked in among them are a couple of important ones.

and they are not joking - this bridge has the worst surface of any that I have ever seen and the pic is of the good side - it got worse - MUCH worse, and was so bad that the Breva thought he was a tram for a while and wanted to make bell dinging sounds as he wobbled along stuck in the crack between the boards and pitched up and down over the cross braces.

And I thought Queensland roads were bad, this one just takes the cake. :eek:hmy:

But we got home to our digs in Gloucester alright, which was just as well - next day, Sunday we started the journey home and as it turned out it was to be an eventful one.

We found some fantastic roads, saw some interesting bikes, communed with nature and did things to the Breva that it thought was totally uncalled for and told me so in no uncertain terms , but that story will have to wait till tomorrow.

Well sorry for the delay back at work and all, but let's get on with it.

Sunday dawned a beauty, and with 300ml of oil in the Nevada as he seemed to be using a bit, glad of the Sump spacer as with out it he would have definitely been runnning a bit too low for comfort (sorry Pete had to use Mobil 15w-50 something or other as I neglected to bring some of "the good oil" - I'll know better next time) we took off to Nabiac down on teh coast to check out the National Motorcycle Museum.

Nice ride down.

Spent a few hours at the museum. I'm not sure that they can actually claim the title "National" motorcycle museum, it's really just a collection of vintage bikes. Not really my cup of tea and in fact I think the one west of BNE is more interesting with better quality displays, but that's a personal thing. There is another museuam at Tamworth that will be the subject of another ride some day.

It comprises four sheds or halls if you want to get formal museumish about it.

Unfortunately Guzzi is poorly represented, another reason I recon the title "national" is unjustified as Guzzi has a long and continous history in Aus and has definitely been a part of Asutralian Mororcycle history.

But anyway this is Guzzi row, all of it! :(

Back