• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

This one followed me home from my Triumph dealership

Congratulations! I love mine. It is simply awesome in my estimation.

I still think it is the finest sounding stock exhaust pipe ever used by Moto Guzzi. I love it.

Mine found me through CycleTrader.com and she sang my name at 2am saying “Come take me! You know you want it!” I was smitten. Next day I was on a plane to Kansas City to ride her home.

The only changes I have done is I swapped out to the Aprilia Mana 850 handlebars. They are a direct fit including threads tapped for the original bar end weights and I added a MPH Hard Start Relay.

Everything else is perfect and bone stock.

Runs beautiful every time. Not a single drop of oil anywhere.

2ACF74CF BA77 46C6 AB37 942B60BDDC07 FCE32DCF 531F 4E8E 86DF 22B0B3D6893A 9CAB51C6 F37C 468B 9A67 C90D14F099BA

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Congratulations! I love mine. It is simply awesome in my estimation.

I still think it is the finest sounding stock exhaust pipe ever used by Moto Guzzi. I love it.

Mine found me through CycleTrader.com and she sang my name at 2am saying “Come take me! You know you want it!” I was smitten. Next day I was on a plane to Kansas City to ride her home.

The only changes I have done is I swapped out to the Aprilia Mana 850 handlebars. They are a direct fit including threads tapped for the original bar end weights and I added a MPH Hard start relay.

Everything else is perfect and none stock.

Runs beautiful every time. Not a single drop of oil anywhere.

View attachment 27307View attachment 27308View attachment 27309

Enjoy!
Unfortunately mine did not come with the stock exhaust but it sounds pretty good. I'll make a few changes so it fits me better but not many. Thanks for the tip on the handlebars I may be changing them out but I'll ride it a little longer before deciding.

I'm looking forward to getting to know this bike it has a lot to offer.

The 1200 Sport is intoxicating and addictive. She loves to run and it is deceptively quick.

Granted, she’s not Thor’s Hammer in terms of power compared to an open class sport bike but the 1151 cc engine puts out a maximum of over 70 kW (95 CV) at 7,800 rpm with maximum torque of over 100 Nm at 5,800 rpm. I think it I beautifully balanced in terms of performance and chassis. The chassis and suspension is a excellent in my opinion and I saw no reason to change anything in it.

The Mana 850 bars are easier on the spine and wrists and they maintain the stock appearance. They come up and back just enough to make all day riding, very comfortable. The finish is a bit different but it matches the bike and nobody suspects that they aren’t stock equipment.

What I liked most about them was that they fit perfect in every detail. Given that they were made for another “Piaggio built” motorcycle, this was the deciding factor for me. I’m very happy with them.

It’s a shame you don’t have the stock exhaust. It truly is the very best sounding stock one from Moto Guzzi that I have ever heard. I love it.

Your GPR can is a very good product too though. I had a GPR on my Stelvio before I changed it to a Mistral, which is my favorite exhaust manufacturer for Moto Guzzi motorcycles. They are literally down the road about 1 mile from the factory in Mandello del Lario.

I also like your Hepco-Becker C-bow cases. Those are convenient for small things on a day or overnight ride. Nice look too.

Do you have the owner’s manual? Lots of great info. Here is a copy for you or others.

Enjoy your 1200 Sport! Great find.

👌👍😀

Last edited:
The 1200 Sport is intoxicating and addictive. She loves to run and it is deceptively quick.

Granted, she’s not Thor’s Hammer in terms of power compared to an open class sport bike but the 1151 cc engine puts out a maximum of over 70 kW (95 CV) at 7,800 rpm with maximum torque of over 100 Nm at 5,800 rpm. I think it I beautifully balanced in terms of performance and chassis. The chassis and suspension is a excellent in my opinion and I saw no reason to change anything in it.

The Mana 850 bars are easier on the spine and wrists and they maintain the stock appearance. They come up and back just enough to make all day riding, very comfortable. The finish is a bit different but it matches the bike and nobody suspects that they aren’t stock equipment.

What I liked most about them was that they fit perfect in every detail. Given that they were made for another “Piaggio built” motorcycle, this was the deciding factor for me. I’m very happy with them.

It’s a shame you don’t have the stock exhaust. It truly is the very best sounding stock one from Moto Guzzi that I have ever heard. I love it.

Your GPR can is a very good product too though. I had a GPR on my Stelvio before I changed it to a Mistral, which is my favorite exhaust manufacturer for Moto Guzzi motorcycles. They are literally down the road about 1 mile from the factory in Mandello del Lario.

I also like your Hepco-Becker C-bow cases. Those are convenient for small things on a day or overnight ride. Nice look too.

Do you have the owner’s manual? Lots of great info. Here is a copy for you or others.

Enjoy your 1200 Sport! Great find.

👌👍😀

Thanks Scott. I got in touch with the previous owner and he is providing a hard copy of the manual. He was a bit heavier than me and has the suspension dialed up a little hard for me. There is certainly enough adjustment front and rear to soften it a bit.

My buddy had this model a few years back but sold it for a Griso. After riding both the Griso certainly had more power but I liked the Sport better. I think he regrets it too.

I do appreciate the tips and help.

I'm really like it, a soulful motorcycle.
Hope you'll add your VIN# and related to the Regsitry here;

Hope you'll add your VIN# and related to the Regsitry here;

Completed

Back