• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tour of Tassie

Roblatt

High Miler
I've been back a couple of weeks now, and have finally found time to write up a quick report. It was Melbourne Cup long weekend, (what a great place to live. Where else in the world takes a long weekend for a bloody donkey race). Five bikes (Californian, B11, Bonnie T100, Hypermotard Duc, and a BMW FGSWXRT....... 650 thingy) boarded the canoe at Melbourne and headed for Devonport. We road an ave of 200km per day to ensure we saw plenty of sights and ingested heaps of coffee.

We headed off from Devonport and headed north to Georgetown, Bridport and Scottsdale where we stopped at the Pub in the Paddock (it really is, nothing else around) The local talent where four legged and lived outside. But the lovely lady who owned the place new all the guests by name within 10 minutes of arrival and nothing was too much trouble.

From there it was St Helens where the coffee shop owner ran out on our arrival with cloth and visor cleaner for us (great bloke). From there we went to the Bay of Fires, then back down to Bicheno via St May's Pass and Elephants Pass (magnificent bike roads).

Port Arthur was the next stop........ . Five days later we ended up at a place called Milena, I think, in the middle of ?, where the locals looked so scary we all decided to go to the next town "just a bit down the road" the barmaid said. 26km of rough dirt road later (after a whole day in the saddle) we got to Bronte Park in the middle of ?. It was 5.30pm and no accommodation. So, 80km later at Derwent Bridge, we found what we could only call dog boxes for accommodation. Heck we were desperate and tired. So we paid $30 each plus $5 for a bloody blanket to sleep with God knows what crawlies. The bugger even closed bar at 8pm so we couldn't have a drink. We fixed him, I had a couple of bottles of my home red left. So we drank!

The last day took us through some of the best roads I've done, through Queenstown, Cradle Mountain and back to Devonport for the canoe.

None of us had been away together before so it was an unknown quantity, but I'll be buggered, we've all decided to make that weekend our own and leave the families behind at least once a year on that weekend.

The trip was faultless and so were the bikes, except my B11. I lost a bar end weight somewhere, and my headlight globe blew. We all came back in one piece and no donations to Mr Plod. All in all a great trip I could write a book on, but I won't bore you THIS time.

I've attached file I hope will work with some pics of the trip. If it don't work, I annoy you all and post them individually.

Obviously there are lots more photos but I think Todd would be a little annoyed.

cheers

Robert

Attachments

• Tassie.doc
    610.5 KB · Views: 102
s'about time you piped up and let us in on the story of the trip - sounds like a good one.

Some pics uploaded direct would certainly not upset anyone, and if Todd says anyyfink different tell him I said so. :whistle:

A bit of both. I don't have MS word and as a general rule the pundits don't like clicking on links to microsoft products for virus reasons, not saying that the file has any just that most prefer not to.

I understand Mike.

Here goes.

Attachments

• bay of fires.jpg
    bay of fires.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 431
  • east coast boat ramp.jpg
    east coast boat ramp.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 431
  • pub in paddock.jpg
    pub in paddock.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 431