• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 - 3 Day KY Loop

BDS

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Just home from a three day ride on the Mandello, with a buddy on his V-Strom. Both bikes ran flawlessly, and no issues with the V100 (I didn’t lose any hard bags or parts!👍😁). We had dry conditions, but hot (nothing like the triple digits out west, tho!) - highest temp registered on my dash, was 96.

Left Cincinnati, heading south to Paris, stopped at the Cain Ridge Meeting House (built in 1791) - a cool historic place to check out. Largest log cabin in the US. Headed west on 60, then the excellent 32, to Louisa (on W Va border). Stopped in Blaine, KY to get a photo that I’ve wanted for a year, …since the last time I was down that way, and saw an old tractor in a field, being driven by a goat, with help from a pig, chickens and a mini donkey. I kid you not - see pic. The farm itself raises min donkeys. Kinda trippy.

Cain Ridge Meeting House (inside a protective structure built in the 60’s):
IMG 0470

“The tractor” - I told ya…

IMG 0478

My two passions in life - guitar and riding😂… fill up in Louisa…

IMG 0484

Day 2 - west to London, via 3, 40, 30 among others. 30 was very “North Carolina” like, in places👍😁. Stopped for lunch at The Old Bus Stop Diner in Booneville.

Day Three - north from London, via some real back roads, through some stunning Daniel Boone Forest scenery. We stopped for a photo op on a wooden slat bridge (you could see the river below through some of the slats!). This was a single lane section of rt 89.

20230727 084424 exported 1957
Stopped at Fox’s General Store, on 974, in Trapp, KY…

IMG 0503

Inside the general store is Fox’s Kitchen, where the locals come for lunch. The ladies that run it, make clear their policy😂

IMG 0499

All in all a great ride, with fun side stops, beautiful scenery and great roads! The Mandello has about 2400 miles on it now. Runs smoother the more I ride it (a lot like my Norge was). I plan to post some “thoughts” on (my) experience with the Mandello, thus far. For now, gonna clean off the bugs, and relax this weekend! Blessed!

IMG 0494

Last edited:
I'm glad you were able to find some nice roads in this area. The western end of KY30 is slowly being "improved", but you can still find the old road in many places. I like to run 30 to 40 and then cross over into West Virginia at Kermit. Y'all picked some really sweet roads.

Reactions: BDS
Back