• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Classic aftermarket pics and videos

draidt

High Miler
GT Contributor
You are looking at the first production set of Mistrals installed on a V7C in the US as far as we (MG Cycle) and myself know.

P3122199.jpg

P3132216.jpg

P3132217.jpg

[size=20pt]Opinions wanted as I think the ends are begging for red paint ala La'franconi
[/size]
P3132218.jpg

Video with baffle in.

Baffles out

The baffles

P3132222.jpg

I prefer the baffles in not for the noise factor but the seat of the pants grunt, with out the baffles it is a straight shot right through to the exhaust ports virtually eliminating any back pressure. Verdict is still out.

Sorry Dan, but I really do like the OEMs better. :blush:

I agree with you Dan.
Baffles installed sounds better (at least from a computer 3K miles away).

Very nice!

Listening on proper hi-fi equipment sounds more authorative without the baffles.
Then again internet videos are pretty useless for sound no matter what you use to listen to the sound. First the camera's mic overloads, then the sound gets compressed by software - usually more than once before it's available on a site somewhere.
Of course can't tell how loud it is - too loud or not. And even that is very much a question of personal preference.

I just got back from the ride with the V7 what I am about to tell you has been verified by another forum member who rode the bike before and just now. I know and rightly so there would be skeptics when some one tells you that a simple bolt on item has transformed this bike. The baffles will stay in the sound is just wonderful and my video camera cannot do it justice. I am telling you that it truly has transformed this bike ACROSS the band.

I liked the V7C before and frankly was satisfied with the performance but wished it had a more "Guzzi" sound, well I got more, way more then I could have hoped for. that 750 is strangled as mandated by your friendly big brother EPA (in the US anyway).

I expect doubters, but, like I stated it's been verified by another fellow Guzzi guy.

I don't know what an after market exhaust will do to a 750 Breva or Nevada, but I can guarantee that these Mistrals will transform a V7C. I do have a Stucchi crossover also.

http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php ... ts_id=2380

That is my bike on MG cycles web site, they never had a chance to take their own pictures and NO I am not getting anything for posting this or letting them use my pictures.

Fire away!

Posted on Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi also

I'd be interested in any change you might see in fuel mileage. My stock V7c averages around 50mpg, mixed riding, without really trying.
I'm curious what effect uncorking might have pos. or neg.
Let us know when you can.

Some red accents? Sorry, but given the design, I can't help but thinking of ...

Got%2Ba%2Blightsaber.jpg

Hi Dan, Nice addition to V7C-1, think I read somewhere the fee flowing mufflers added some 5hp? Does anyone have info?? Dan, have you noticed the bike runs cooler ? Imagine that cat cooker removal to be a big improvement??

CaliforniaCali wrote:
I'd be interested in any change you might see in fuel mileage. My stock V7c averages around 50mpg, mixed riding, without really trying.
I'm curious what effect uncorking might have pos. or neg.
Let us know when you can.

After the first trip after the fuel level was carefully replaced what was used, the millage did not change even with more aggressive riding because the motor is much more responsive then before.

Thanks for the report Dan. The Mistrals seem like a solid win-win.
I'm seriously considering going that route. I especially like mods that can easily be undone at will.

I rode 200 miles on the Cali yesterday and the same distance on the V7c today.
I love the EV for distance work and for it's high speed stability but the V7c is just plain FUN!

Back