• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 III - brutal pinging during hot weather

I can speak intelligently to that.

Warranty work is the tightest margin work there is. The company, Moto Guzzi, (BMW back in the day in my case) dictates exactly what they will pay for and how much.

The problem is, new mechanics, or mechanics who are new to that marque, rarely can meet the “book time” requirements.

It usually takes considerably longer than expected and this is where everybody loses. The mechanic, the dealership, and the customer as the mechanic is usually pissed off during the repair.

Also, customers who modify their motorcycles in blatant and obvious ways, subject the dealership to exposure for chargebacks if the dealer rep happens to come into the shop during the repair and see it.

If there is a non-standard part on the bike that MAY OR MAY NOT have something to do with the current failure, and the Service Manager does not fully and honestly disclose this to the marque, then their warranty claims may be subjected to “strict review” and believe me, this is a giant pain in the ass and it is a situation no dealership wants to find themselves in; a loss of trust between the manufacturer and the dealer.

I believe dealers walk a tightrope between being advocates for their customers, and agents of the manufacturer. It’s often times, a tough road.

^ How True , I worked at a number of HD dealerships years ago ( there were still multi-line dealerships then) and I
was one of 2 HD mechanics . They (HD) had a transmission recall that required changing the shifter forks , no small
job . I had 17 of those jobs one summer and only met the allotted time on the last 2 . It was such an accomplishment that another
dealership sent a couple of mechanics to see how I did it . Warranty repairs suck ! Peter

Good for you!

Unfortunately, Japanese motorcycles do absolutely nothing for me. I don’t own any and they leave me feeling cold.

Well, enjoy!
Never gave much attention to japanese bikes for the same reasons you stated. Also, hate the image of the associated stereotype drivers that rev their 4 cilinder engines like mad. But, there is something about this particular model that attracts me. The finish is good, the sound is deeper with a rumble, and can be driven like a gentleman also. Read alot about it, in particular the bad things, like snatchy throttle and hard seat. So far, the throttle seems way better than I anticipated. Very controlable and linear, not a problem riding in town. It is better than the bike I took my drivers license! Go figure...

The seat is a bit wide, but the thing I do not like the most, is that it pushes my butt forward against the gas tank. It has a forward tilt, resulting in some pressure on my wrists. Will have to address that, or maybe it will get better during breaking in, dunno. The V7 had a flatter seat, no problem there, although the seat was too soft and I had less room for my lower body ( I'm 1.81 m tall)

Regarding the mods I made in the V7 with led lights, I fully understand the dealers position, so I did not argue with him. He also stated the pressure they get from the warranty claims, and in my case, he also argue with them that I made a quality job, better than most (I happen to work as an electronic engineer for automotive sensors, so I dont pass on quality).

The one thing I think most dealerships could do better is being more transparent with the client. Often I'm given excuses that are far from the truth, and that undermines my trust. Problems can happen anywhere, but being transparent and communicative is the basis of a good relationship.

Last edited:
Back