• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Racer

beemer

Tuned and Synch'ed
G'day Everyone,

Has anyone purchased one of the new V7 Racers, Curious to find out how the bike is. Currently have a 1200 Sport and contemplating changing. Your thoughts would be appreciated on the pros and cons of this.

Beemer

I have a V7C, and enjoy it's low weight and nimble handling. A 1200 Sport is an entirely different experience.

Why are you thinking of switching?

1. retro style
2 foot/leg and hand position. not entirely happy with the riding position of the 1200Sport, would like a bit moore forward lean and slight angle on wrist would suit me better, also would like my feet back a little.

Beemer

You want More Lean? And more of racing position? I went the other way. My shoulder couldn't take it any more. Which is one reason I got the V7 Classic with it's standard riding position.

Position aside, the 750 is less of a performance machine than the 1200 Sport, and that might be an issue for you. I bought my V7C from a man who mainly rode Ducati sport bikes, and I got the sense that it wasn't giving him the neck snapping thrills he needed.

Joe

sign216 said:
.... the 750 is less of a performance machine than the 1200 Sport, and that might be an issue for you.

Joe

Which is the understatement of the day, but head on. :lol:

Every smallblock produced since 2003 are basically the same, in different disguises. Aside from the riding position, I would seriously consider a long test ride on any available SB model, before I swapped from a 1200 Sport.

I myself am very satisfied with my 750 Breva, and I went from a R100RS. To me it was OK, but it was different!

You might like it. You're thinking of the limited edition Racer version, only available in a few locations, right?

It looks really retro, stock. It will pull people to come over and drool for sure. (I have a Classic.)

It looks like the riding position is more forward than the classic but the bars look the same as the cafe (I think). It has rear sets instead of the standard foot controls. Clip ons should be available for more 'hunch'.

The engine is basic stock. It has personality, it is fun at low speeds, light and nimble. And the exhaust note is pure Guzzi♥

Holt said:
sign216 said:
.... the 750 is less of a performance machine than the 1200 Sport, and that might be an issue for you.

Joe

Which is the understatement of the day, but head on. :lol:

Every smallblock produced since 2003 are basically the same, in different disguises.

I see that as a big advantage. You can swap out parts from bikes 20 years old, etc. There is no "planned obsolescence." Some brands (Japanese) change part design constantly, with little reason. Old time BMWs follow the Guzzi way too; part interchangability was kept across models for years and years.

Don't change something just to say it's "new." Change it only if it's a real improvement.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread. The limited edition V7 racer does look sharp, and will catch eyes wherever you ride. But...the 750 scramble that might be made, is what has my attention.

Thanks Everyone,

Love my 1200 Sport but the Racer has certainly caught my eye. Intend to ride a the Cafe hopefully next week to see how much I like it and all going in favor may put a deposit down for the Racer.

Beemer

It looks sharp alright, but at a recommended retail of A$17,990 here in Oz I can't see the almost A$4000 of extra value over the V7C. It's a lot of money for a chrome plated tank. IN fact I reckon we get well ripped off now that our $ is around parity with the US one and our bikes still cost twice as much.

Good point Rossw.

May just wait and see where I go with this. I am not actually keen on the chrome like tank, would have been better with an genuine alloy.

Beemer

The black tank is a nice look, and should be more durable than the "chrome." Glad the racer version isn't going away, and that the smallblock continues to live!

My eye is set on the scrambler, though.

beemer said:
Good point Rossw.

May just wait and see where I go with this. I am not actually keen on the chrome like tank, would have been better with an genuine alloy.

Beemer

Heh, If the chrome is up to Moto Guzzi's usual standard, it's a frightening prospect. Major $$$$ to get that fixed if the chrome gets pinholes and it starts to rust.

Did I mention that I think a chrome tank is a bad idea? :lol: Hopefully the black one will be available too, but as I said before, the price premium will be a turn off considering what else you can get for the money.

Hallo, i am a guzzi rider from Holland and just bought my racer, breaking in now. It is great!!! I come from a ducati SS 900 but do not miss the power al all! The guzzi is just the way is should be.
Some minor stupid things, like oil tbes that come loose and spray the whole side of the bike etc but further it is a bike i can recommand to everyone. It is a Nr 1 headturner as well.

Greetz from Holland

DutchV7racer.

V7 Racer x
download.html

I definitely prefer the painted tank on the concept bike at the Milan Show than the chromed plastic which just looks a bit false to me.

p1040051custom.jpg

I like mine. I love the riding position and is more comfortable than my 2002 750 Monster, of course not a fast though. I only have 300 miles on it so far, so I'm trying to get everything adjusted. I'm finding that getting it into first gear is a 50/50 proposition. I'll have to work that out with the dealer when I bring it in for the 600 mile service.

You create a crowd wherever you go.

mgv7racer said:
I'm finding that getting it into first gear is a 50/50 proposition. I'll have to work that out with the dealer when I bring it in for the 600 mile service.

I had exactly the same problem with mine within the first few hundred miles.
It got to the point where I almost had to stand on the lever to change down and neutral was impossible to select.
Try adjusting the clutch cable to take in a bit of the slack.
That worked for me.

rossw said:
Heh, If the chrome is up to Moto Guzzi's usual standard, it's a frightening prospect. Major $$$$ to get that fixed if the chrome gets pinholes and it starts to rust. .

It's not a metalic chrome plate.
It's a painting process.

rossw said:
as I said before, the price premium will be a turn off considering what else you can get for the money.

I know exactly what is available for the price, and I even road a few.
Noteably the Aprillia Mana / Shiver and Ducati Monster.
Yeah I could have bought any of those bikes, and just dissapeared into a sea of annonymity but I wanted something that stands out from the crowd.
Something a bit different and out of the ordinary.
Surely we Guzzi owners understand this.
I mean look at the sort of money Le Mans MK1's are fetching now.
Why pay more for one of those than the cost of a brand new Japanese superbike.
See what I mean ?
Logic, does not always factor into bike buying decisions

mgv7racer said:
I'm finding that getting it into first gear is a 50/50 proposition. I'll have to work that out with the dealer when I bring it in for the 600 mile service.

Let the clutch lever out just a bit, so the clutch drags, as you're pushing it down into 1st.

That will do the trick.

Trying to "force it" while at a complete stop is not a good option.

rocker59 said:
Let the clutch lever out just a bit, so the clutch drags, as you're pushing it down into 1st.
That will do the trick.

Sorry but you shouldn't have to go through that to get into first.
I certainly don't
:shock:

Back