Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

V7 Trofeo Endurance Racing Series - U.S. Round?

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Jun 22, 2019.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

For those with small block V7s, are you aware of the V7 Endurance Racing Series happening currently in Italy? Would you support or participate in a round if it happened here?
    I’m not interested in opinions of why a V7 should or shouldn’t be raced. Racing a slow bike fast is why.
    https://www.motoguzzi.com/en_EN/Fast-Endurance/the-trophy/

Poppe and Mayakovski like this.
  2. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Cruisin' Guzzisti

For now, there are planned only five races in Italy, but I think that with a strong request for a local US edition... who knows?

Poppe likes this.
  3. GT-Rx®

I have been speaking with Piaggio U.S. - this would be a stand-alone round. For now, we could do a track day to see how many like it with little pressures as to actually racing.
    Perhaps we could get the Guareschi brothers over. The younger one was here about a decade ago on a big bore MGS-01 at Daytona.

4. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I'd be down to ride to see such an event. Sounds like blast to see people racing bikes similar to what you have.

5. Steve Burger

Steve Burger Just got it firing!

I just heard about this. I would be in on something! Todd, I could see a series here in SoCal, maybe with V7s kitted with your stuff in a similar series. Maybe get GT Motorcycles or Pro Itallia to chip in. This could be very cool!! And definitely interested in mabye a low key Guzzi centric track day for those of us who like to push our bikes a little.....

GT-Rx® likes this.
  6. PasoDuc88

PasoDuc88 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

My first encounter with this thread... Always mildly contemplating a V7 purchase; Guzzi centric amateur racing/track events may be just enough to seal it for me.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  7. Louisv97

Louisv97 Tuned and Synch'ed

I’m all for it.

8. GT-Rx®

OK, so it's easy and fun to verbally say yes, but much more difficult to commit to doing it. Of those chiming in, what are you willing to do to show you are committed to participating in an event?
    Are you looking at doing more track days, or would you (also) be interested in a mini endurance type event (1-2 hour event as a start), two riders would be required.
    As mentioned, we could piggyback on one of the existing track day events, or more difficult would be the actual racing.

9. Conanidol

Conanidol Just got it firing!

Chirp... Chirp...

GT-Rx® likes this.
  10. PasoDuc88

PasoDuc88 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

I'd simply be interested in track days to start with.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  11. Doug805

Doug805 Just got it firing!

The mini-endurance event sounds like a blast! I'd be up for the track days too!

The more advanced notice on day of event will ensure that I can participate.

Count me in!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  12. TexMexStrada

TexMexStrada Just got it firing!

I’ve been following the Italian series and a huge fan of the idea. Bringing an event stateside would be great, and I strongly believe it would resonate. Depending on date/location I’d love to find a way to support (read: work the event), and, depending on rules & costs possibly ride.
    SoCal is a good choice as it is close to your home base, I think Texas may be a good choice as well as it would be fairly central location in the country, also offers year round riding, and has several track options.

GT-Rx® likes this.