• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7II Gear lever

I wish the owners or shop manual had a notes page, listing all the reverse threaded items.
I don't think there are any reverse-threaded items on the newer V7's other than the two shift linkages (one on each). I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I adjusted my lever linkages and what a bitch of a job. Wait until you end up adjusting the stinking clutch adjustment behind the transmission. Maybe they changed it on the six speed....HOPEFULLY.., that thing is a nightmare to adjust.
I adjusted mine and it was really an easy job to do...just half a turn and now it shifts like a dream...

Ohhhh Shucks, I thought I'd found a clutch adjuster. It wasn't to bad, it was just not the easiest access, as you know. I hate anything that makes me lay on the ground with little space to work and not having a proper tool for that little stud was a pin in the butt. Found out....I guess a spoke adjuster tool can fit on that little stud adjuster.

By the way I visited Malta back in 1972 when I was on the USS Franklin D. Roosevelt (CVA-42. Met a couple girls and they invited me and a friend over to their village for some type of dance at a church, it was someplace in the middle of the island. They had some custom that when a girl gives you a flower during some special dance, if you dance with that girl it's sort of like a wedding proposal or something like that. All the old folks sat over to one side of the dance floor and keep tabs on everything, I guess they take that flower dance very seriously. I remember the gal really liked me and I liked her but time space and travel prevented things from happening beyond that flower dance. Malta wasa trip, I remember back then you could still see buildings bombed out from WW2 as we rode in that taxi over to that village for that dance. From the port to that village must have taken 30 minutes by taxi. Another thing I remember inside that church dance all the old women wore black, widows or something. The music was a bunch of old guys playing traditional music from the island. It was like stepping back in time.

Last edited:
Ohhhh Shucks, I thought I'd found a clutch adjuster. It wasn't to bad, it was just not the easiest access, as you know. I hate anything that makes me lay on the ground with little space to work and not having a proper tool for that little stud was a pin in the butt. Found out....I guess a spoke adjuster tool can fit on that little stud adjuster.

By the way I visited Malta back in 1972 when I was on the USS Franklin D. Roosevelt (CVA-42. Met a couple girls and they invited me and a friend over to their village for some type of dance at a church, it was someplace in the middle of the island. They had some custom that when a girl gives you a flower during some special dance, if you dance with that girl it's sort of like a wedding proposal or something like that. All the old folks sat over to one side of the dance floor and keep tabs on everything, I guess they take that flower dance very seriously. I remember the gal really liked me and I liked her but time space and travel prevented things from happening beyond that flower dance. Malta wasa trip, I remember back then you could still see buildings bombed out from WW2 as we rode in that taxi over to that village for that dance. From the port to that village must have taken 30 minutes by taxi. Another thing I remember inside that church dance all the old women wore black, widows or something. The music was a bunch of old guys playing traditional music from the island. It was like stepping back in time.
It could be anywere since back than all villages were very traditional. Times has changed a lot and i never heard of this tradition but i was born in 74 so maybe i just don t know about it.

The way it worked the old women would give each girl a flower and then the girl would pick the guy they like and give them the flower as a dance request. If you accepted and danced with the girl, it had some meaning to it like a pre engagement or something like that. I guess it was a very serious thing to those girls. Can't remember the girls name but I'm sure that place being an island you have run into her in your travels.

The way it worked the old women would give each girl a flower and then the girl would pick the guy they like and give them the flower as a dance request. If you accepted and danced with the girl, it had some meaning to it like a pre engagement or something like that. I guess it was a very serious thing to those girls. Can't remember the girls name but I'm sure that place being an island you have run into her in your travels.
i ll ask about this tradition ...i ll ask my grandma

It's amazing how fast things are lost between generations.

I wonder if those girls were pulling my leg and trying to add drama to the whole thing. It sure did make me nervous. My other friend with me was scared we would end up hitched since this dance was in a church hall. I remember taking that girl for a walk after the dance and 3 old women followed behind us down the road, smiling ear to ear. Like I say it was sort of like stepping back in time. Sort of like one of those scenes in the Godfather. Everything around me looked like one of those scenes out of that movie.

Last edited:
It's amazing how fast things are lost between generations.

I wonder if those girls were pulling my leg and trying to add drama to the whole thing. It sure did make me nervous. My other friend with me was scared we would end up hitched since this dance was in a church hall. I remember taking that girl for a walk after the dance and 3 old women followed behind us down the road, smiling ear to ear. Like I say it was sort of like stepping back in time. Sort of like one of those scenes in the Godfather. Everything around me looked like one of those scenes out of that movie.
lool @the godfather scene

Back