• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85 TT oil pan protector question

Antonella

Just got it firing!
I have a brandnew V85TT and been told to remove the oilpan protector shield because of heat issues...I understand the V85 TT has very little amount of oil running in the engine....is that a concern?!

Good God…

What idiots write or say this horse manure? You are fretting over total BS.

Your motorcycle is perfectly capable of more than adequate cooling with all factory installed options including the bash plate.

The engine has 1.8L (~2 quarts) of oil in it plus another 700cc in the gearbox. It’s plenty.

Please…

Ignore that garbage you are reading or heard. You are fine. 👍👌😄

Thanks mate, I was a bit concerned about this statement...guess it makes sense if MG puts it on it should work...lol
Never had an adventure MG so I try to do small steps...lol...by the way I love my TT. TNX!!

No worries!

Unfortunately the internet and some inexperienced employees at dealers, have their heads so far up their bums, they will never see daylight ever again.

Piaggio is a major motorcycle manufacturer and has been in business for 138 years! Moto Guzzi has been building motorcycles continuously for 101 years!

They know what the hell they are doing.

When you step back, and objectively analyze this crap that people espouse, you see right through it as total BS.

This does not mean that there are not some common gremlins here or there that may need to be dialed out in the first year of ownership, but far be it from Piaggio & Moto Guzzi from building an engine that overheats because of too little oil. 🤯

No such thing. Ever.

What Scott says will always be on point. For those who truly ride off road with low speed/high-RPM work, they do make an oil cooler kit shown below that is ~$325 + shipping, which I can source for you if you'd ever like. Better yet is to ditch the cat-con and fuel it correctly and never look back; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-v7-850-v85tt-e5-upmap-device -- also see our ever-growing V85TT product line on the Store tab above.

V85TT OilCooler

What Scott says will always be on point. For those who truly ride off road with low speed/high-RPM work, they do make an oil cooler kit shown below that is ~$325 + shipping, which I can source for you if you'd ever like. Better yet is to ditch the cat-con and fuel it correctly and never look back; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-v7-850-v85tt-e5-upmap-device -- also see our ever-growing V85TT product line on the Store tab above.

View attachment 24933
Todd set me up with the RB Evo fueling solution and mine runs amazing!

FWIW I just returned from a 40-mile ride in 100 F ambient temperature and checked engine temperatures with an infrared thermometer as soon as I arrived home. Oil temperature (measured by aiming the thermometer at the sight glass) was about 225 F. Temperatures measured by aiming the thermometer at the left cylinder head temperature sensor and oil temperature (overheat sensor) located on the top of the crankcase yielded reasonable temperatures of about 262 F (cylinder head) and 242 F (crankcase top). After hooking up my Bluetooth interface to the diagnostic port, the real time data yielded intake air temperature of 129.2 F, engine coolant temperature of 239.0 F, and barometric pressure of 28.05 inHg (without engine running). By that time the head sensor was down to 232 F and oil sensor was down to 147 F (probably because no oil was being pumped past it). I believe the real time data uses cylinder head temperature for coolant temperature because the coolant temperature climbs rapidly when monitored after a cold start.

The bike is completely stock (except for the addition of OEM engine guards, center stand, and heated hand grips) with about 3250 miles on it. The oil temperature of 225 F is ideal for the 10W-60 Motul synthetic oil so I have no concerns about overheating. As others have already noted, there is absolutely no reason to take the crankcase guard off. Since I do ride off road, I am looking for a more robust guard to better protect the underside.

Last edited:
Back