• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V85TT Mods Thread

Generally I`m puzzled that the factories can spend a £Brazilian on touring bikes with screens that hinder comfortable touring either through buffeting , wind noise or both. I`ve owned or ridden several including Multstradas, Aprilia Caponord, 2 x 1100 Brevas, a Norge, an old Stelvio and a couple of BMWs.
The best with just standard equipment for me was the Stelvio which I think had the most vertical/least aerodynamic screen of the lot. All the others required additional frames, spacers, wind deflectors or alternative screens of various heights.
Other things worth changing or removing are handguards and mirrors as they are out there in the breeze disturbing the air. I was amazed at the difference on an old monster when I replaced the standard mirrors with bar end ones. Wind noise practically eliminated.
Someone told me that a lot of the noise is caused by air that comes in at the base of a screen which reacts with air at the top of the screen. I don`t know if that is correct but it is I suppose why after market parts like this are becoming available, shown here on V85 fitted just ahead of the fuel tank :-

1714470692289.png

The only thing to add to the clear and concise instructions PDF above, is the fact that I used Loctite 243 blue on the M8 fasteners and torqued them to 20Nm.

Update, the Pyramid splash guard lasted 5,000 miles before it broke. The motorcycle has only been used on the road. We've reported the breakage to their development team.

We've now fitted the Guzzi 2S001324 splash guard, which we had to buy from a supplier in Italy. Plastic end plugs fitted by us, they're not part of the Guzzi kit.

4th May 2024.JPG Guzzi 2S001324 a.JPG Guzzi 2S001324 b.JPG Guzzi 2S001324 c.JPG

For those that might be interested, the Hepco & Becker equipment arrived last week and my V85TT is all set to tour. I'm very pleased with the quality and fit, plus the competitive pricing here in the UK. The tank bag is their smallest 'Tourer M' model and doesn't interfere with the steering on full lock. The magnetic tank ring mounting system is well thought out, secure and easy to use.

Aluminium panniers are from their ‘Xplorer’ range with a 30-litre unit on the left and 40-litre on the right. The pannier frame is easy to fit and matches perfectly with the standard mounting mounts on the motorcycle. Their inner bags are top quality and will make overnight stops a breeze.

Hopefully the pictures do the equipment justice.

View attachment 17667 View attachment 17668 View attachment 17669 View attachment 17670 View attachment 17671Hello,
Hello, your side panniers have a plastic bottom to protect from mounting bolts and rivits. I have a 2022 V85tt with stock aluminum panniers, mine look different than yours. But do you know if they make those gaurds for the stock panniers and the top box? I'm tired of getting holes in things because of this. I've never seen anything online for this. Thanks

Hello, your side panniers have a plastic bottom to protect from mounting bolts and rivits. I have a 2022 V85tt with stock aluminum panniers, mine look different than yours. But do you know if they make those gaurds for the stock panniers and the top box? I'm tired of getting holes in things because of this. I've never seen anything online for this. Thanks
My BMW cases have handles to carry like suitcases, but the Moto Guzzi aluminum cases are not easy to carry so I usually leave them locked on the bike. You can get soft liner bags from Moto Guzzi for both panniers and the top case. I purchased them so I can take the liner bags (with their contents) into the motel room when traveling. I also used some tool box drawer liner material to make custom-fitted bottom pads for all three aluminum cases.

I have a skene controller set up on my bike, fancy relay, that triggers off the high beam, white wire behind the headlight connector. Allows for aux lights to stay on when the bike is powered, in increments of 10%, and full power with high beam.
Did the same thing to trigger my lights off the high beam, works great! Positap means no cutting into wiring. Used on old set of lights with dimmer/trigger and definitely helps with visibility and if I get caught out at night.

20240722_112514.jpg

So I've wanted to add auxilary running/brake lights to the V85. Some folks here and elsewhere mentioned the issues with the wiring and the way the brake light is activated, creating problems for an easy install tapping into the brake light (like I've done on many other, older bikes). I searched and investigated off and on but never took any real action.

No affiliation, stumbled across an easy solution! Admore Lighting has a true plug and play wiring kit and it is as advertised! Awesome kit and is truly plug/play. Got the kit and I went ahead and installed their light bar with running, brake (3 flashes then full on), and sequential turn signals. Very happy with the setup.

Plug/play kit would also work with other brake/running/etc. products.

Admore V85tt lit.jpg

Back