• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Windshield options

Patrick Stirling

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Hi all,

I picked up my 2022 V85TT 3 days ago and have about 160 miles on it now. For me the wind buffeting is terrible - my first mod will be a new windshield. Anything over 55mph or so and there's an awful low-frequency rumbling around my helmet. Repositioning the screen didn't help. I looked through this forum and didn't find any suggestions.

The Guzzi touring screen is somewhat pricey at $250, Givi have a nice looking one for about $180, and I really like the look of the Puig screen but none of their dealers here in the US seems to have it.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Also if anyone knows where I can find the Puig screen for sale, that'd be great.
thanks
patrick

California Scientific has 6 sizes for the V85TT from $125 to $235. I have one of their windshields on my Norge and it's fantastic. calsci.com

I have the MG touring screen with a Laminar lip, pretty good, but I made these as proto type. Someone in Europe has a similar idea, where's you attach two little deflector to the fuel tank. A lot of air comes up here. TempImageGDqV4Q

Interesting about deflectors above the fork tubes. On a longer ride yesterday I tried blocking that area (while on cruise control!) With my hands and could not tell the difference. This on my new 2022 V85TT Adventure.

One surprise was that the screen works much better in its lowest position. I had it in the highest and got a lot of buffeting and noise around my helmet. Putting the screen down really helped - the turbulence is now around my shoulders and my helmet is in clean(ish) air. With earplugs atm 4 hour ride on fast roads was fine. Maybe I don't need a new screen after all!

I have owned a few MGs while currently riding a 2001 California Special. I've painfully discovered over the years that these Italian beauties are some of the best bikes out there BUT there's still a lot of hype about them. In my opinion it is unacceptable for a modern and so expensive motorcycle like the V85 TT to be suffering from buffeting issues due to a poorly designed windshield, requiring the purchase of an expensive aftermarket part. I mean come on you Italian engineers if you can't figure it out just don't put it in and maybe sell it a little cheaper.

Back