• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Weekend rides in SMM

guzzibob

GT Reference
For those in the LA area who may not have been following the thread entitled "rentals in LA", we got Aaron Medick in town from NYC picking up a rental to ride the local roads. Meeting this Saturday at the Starbucks at Topanga & Ventura 10-10:30, then to play in the SMM, giving due caution to all the trash still probably on those roads from the recent rains. No doubt we'll also make a stop at the RS, unsure at this time if we'll eat there, will post later if that firms up.

May well also ride Sunday, we'll see. I know Aaron wants to, take advantage of our SoCal weather while he's out here. the more the merrier, post here if planning on coming. Right now we got Aaron, me, Mike (Mohawkeye), Jon Margrave. Maybe Todd joining in at some point. The more the merrier. Right now looks like highs in the mid 70's both days,"mostly" cloudy Sat, all cloudy Sunday, but only minimal (10%) chance of rain both days. Let's ride.

** CHANGE IN SATURDAY PLANS, MEET AT STARBUCKS 9-9:30, LEAVE THERE FOR ROCK STORE 9:30 SHARP, BREAKFAST THERE. SO, YOU CAN MEET US AT STARBUCKS BY 9:30, OR A BIT LATER AT THE RS FOR BREAKFAST, OR A BIT LATER YET, HOWEVER LONG BREAKFAST TAKES, RIDE THEN.)**

keep in mind the tour of california is going to be on angeles crest. I think they are starting the stage in Simi Valley and finish at the Rose Bowl. I haven't checked which roads they will be on, but might be on some of the SMM roads. I wanted to watch in the Rose Bowl area they will be doing laps around the the hilly outer most ring around the Bowl. I have family thing I have to attend and any ride on Saturday is out for me.

OK, looked it up. "Tour of California", for those who care (not me) is this big multi day bicycle thing.

Friday-Stage 6, Solvang-Los Olivos area

Saturday-Stage 7, Santa Clarita to Pasadena, via (as far as I can tell from map, no road names listed), Angeles Crest/Angeles Forest/Aliso/Soledad/Vasquez/Bouquet. Actually backwards from the way listed, something of an educated guess for the exact roads, but in any case irrelevant to our ride in the SMM tomorrow.

Sunday stage 8-Rancho Bernardo to Escondido, way south of here, also irrelevant.

Rich, you interested in riding Sunday?

** CHANGE IN SATURDAY PLANS, MEET AT STARBUCKS 9-9:30, LEAVE THERE FOR ROCK STORE 9:30 SHARP, BREAKFAST THERE. SO, YOU CAN MEET US AT STARBUCKS BY 9:30, OR A BIT LATER AT THE RS FOR BREAKFAST, OR A BIT LATER YET, HOWEVER LONG BREAKFAST TAKES, RIDE THEN.)**

Above per Aarons request. He's getting the rental bike tonight, so we can get there earlier, eat breakfast AND ride.

I will be at the starbucks on a griso or an eldo at 9:30 I have stashed the guzzi bob guzzi: pose less, ride more shirt on my griso.... anyone who needs an mfg shirt at starbucks, let me know.... see you folks over swishy coffe tommorow :)

Bob, thanks for updating everyone. I look forward to meeting you all. see you in the AM. If I miss any of you tomorrow. I be riding sunday too.

Sunday
Todd, I'll head toward you sunday. let's talk tomorrow. I plan on leaving Hollywood Sunday morning around 9:30am and heading toward Santa monica.

Aaron

guzzi jon wrote:
I will be at the starbucks on a griso or an eldo at 9:30 I have stashed the guzzi bob guzzi: pose less, ride more shirt on my griso.... anyone who needs an mfg shirt at starbucks, let me know.... see you folks over swishy coffe tommorow :)

Here's a prediction, Jon. You'll wind up taking the Eldo, & forget to take the T-shirt off the Griso. Just sayin'......

See ya'all in the AM, should be a good group & a good ride.

Aaronmedick wrote:
Bob, thanks for updating everyone. I look forward to meeting you all. see you in the AM. If I miss any of you tomorrow. I be riding sunday too.

Sunday
Todd, I'll head toward you sunday. let's talk tomorrow. I plan on leaving Hollywood Sunday morning around 9:30am and heading toward Santa Monica.
Aaron, I won't make the breakfast gig, but if the guys take you on Piuma, have them bring you by... I'll be in the garage until the afternoon. Look forward to Sunday otherwise. Enjoy your day... sure you will.

Had fun on Piuma and Stunt, and was kinda surprised they were both pretty clean!
I'm going to a party soon; hope something's posted regarding tomorrow before I get back home. Otherwise it's Newcomb's for me...

Mike

Nice ride today. Me (1000S), Aaron (rental non Boxer BMW twin), Jon (Griso), Mike (spine frame LM) met at the Starbucks. To RS for breakfast, picked up Arbi (Centauro) & Jack (Jackal) just before we were about to leave. Also saw an 8 valve white Griso & a silver Norge there, but never identified the owners. Ran the Piuma/Stunt Road loop backward, with a stop at Todd's place. Like Mike said, roads in pretty decent shape. Some sand here & there, but nowhere was it difficult to find a pretty much clear track to take through or around it, assuming you were paying attention. Pretty nice day, warmer than it looked. 1000S running pretty well I would say.

I'm up for some riding tomorrow, but have to be home by 1 PM for sure. Mike, you been up to Newcomb's lately? Is the road totally clear of ice all the way up, or is there black ice in the usual cold/shady spots just before Newcomb's?

Todd, Aaron, what you planning on?

I'm in for a ride, I will check here Sunday morning to see where folks are riding, if I dont see anyone posting, I will do the SMM's to Neptunes Net for lunch....
call me if your riding, cell number is 818.675.5094

You'll be missed. It was great meeting you. thanks again for breakfast yesterday and a great day of riding.

Aaron,
I will not likely make it, went to a great party last night, and apparently, I was drinking.... wife does not drink so I had a designated driver, but we drank enough that me and my boss were karioke'ing twisted sister and guns and roses songs at the party.... I dont feel so well right now:S

rockon.jpg

Aaron, the rain is on the way (damnit). I'll probably bomb around the hills until the rain comes. You can come by if you want to, now that you know where I live... or ping my cell with a text. They usually come through. Great meeting you (finally) if I don't get to see you today.

guzzi jon wrote:
...but we drank enough that me and my boss were karioke'ing twisted sister and guns and roses songs at the party.... I dont feel so well right now :S
rockon.jpg
Nice one Jon! :huh:
Had a nice one too last night, but fortunately no Karaoke anywhere nearby.

Back