• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!

OLD-WAN

Just got it firing!
Finally got to plug in my new Centurion M toy...and it WORKED...after I got a couple of hiccups worked out (all my fault)

My 2002 MG Cal Special Sport had some popping and phaatting issues decelerating mostly down hills and slow speeds around town.

The diagnostics showed an idle speed ~800 rpm and TPS of 1.9°. After I got it though my head that the "brain" handled some of the tasks and the rest were purely mechanical screwing, all fell into place. I adjusted the idle up to 1050-1100 rpm, opened the air bleeds a bit to compensate for the 4500 ft altitude, but left the TPS alone.

Brad the Bike Boy's well presented tome WITH excellent pictures called for 3.2 -3 .6° on the TPS, but I still have to check the balance of the bodies so I will wait on fiddling the TPS.

Woodcutting time is getting in the way of my riding along with rain/snow and cold, but this weekend is supposed to be sunny and warm so I will spend some time in the mountains seeing if the air bleed fiddling helped.

It is very nice to has such a kool tool :cool: :D to work with...now I just have to figure out what all the bells and whistles do and don't.

I think the cost of the CENTURION M is money WELL SPENT...EVERYONE with a FI bike should have one. :laugh:

Wait till you do a complete tune! It'll get even better. Think there's a good post on this forum for a complete tune up. (edit: just saw JZs post - there you go) There used to be a great procedure on MPH web-site, but it wasn't that last time I looked. Thisoldtractor.com has training videos.

good luck with your tune up.

By the way, I was just up your way a month ago heading to the Humbug camp out. Great roads up there.

Whoops...I did forget to post the Bike Boy Link...meant to...thanks Rafael...lots of very good pics and explanations.

Thanks for the links on tuning also. I don't think it's too far out as it accelerates like a scared jack rabbit with NO hesitation and gets(got?) 48-52 mpg at my normal sedate cruising. Kinda tiresome running around rowing from 5th to 4th gears and back due to the speed limits...maybe now it won't buck and snort below 3 grand in 5th at 55 mph.

I think it was just too rich in that just off idle range, sucking/dumping unburned fuel into the exhaust under vacuum conditions, I backed out the air bleeds 1/2 turn apiece before it settled down to a nice even rumble. If these were "regular carbs" I would be thinking two steps leaner on the main jets and maybe dropping the needle one step...basically what I had to do to my Beemer when I changed over to Mikuni's when I lived in Nevada at the same altitude...but I will do a complete FI tune before next spring.

Basically, not being familiar with electronic FI I just didn't want to go fiddling and screwing before figuring out which one to fiddle with...doesn't seem to matter what type of machinery it is, the first thing a dumas goes after is the carb...before even checking if there is gas in the tank or a battery hooked up.

I don't think my Guzzi-Trike project will get out of the dreaming stage. Lots of very good 6.75" - 7.5" auto diffs in junk yards but the cost of narrowing one down is totally prohibitive and Currie Enterprises stopped doing any but there own alum 9" ford carriers a few months back which is WAY to big and expensive for what I envisioned.

I can reduce the axle length easy enough and send them off to be re-splined. I did check with a local machine shop about shortening/re-welding the housing, but was told due to liability and laws they can't/won't do housings now like they did in the past. Tim thought he could get away with doing one cut/square/bevel on each side, but I would have to do the any other cutting/welding and he would check that out also. Lots of Volksy trikes floating around in my price range tho', and pieces and parts are abundant plus being cheap to rebuild.

It was a nice idea anyway. :geek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :silly:

Back