• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Where to hook the Breva11V helmet cable?

Sprotch

Just got it firing!
My Breva has a helmet cable and it's noted in a parts manual but I have no indication where it hooks under the seat. There is sometype of wire pin (more like a wiring guide) on the left side of the storage compartment but the cable heads don't fit very far along it's length. Seems like anyone could grab your healmet and cable and yank it right out from under the seat edge.

Does anyone know the correct use and positioning of the cable?

Regards,
Scott

The hook works fine on the Norge. The cable end goes on the hook, through the helmet chin protector and back up over the hook, then close down the seat. If someone is that determined swipe your stuff, or if you need to feel more secure, then perhaps a hulking great chain is in your future.
It's not necessary to purchase a whip to go with chain as that is only an option of another sort. :laugh:

Well thank you one and all - for three years I have been wondering what the piece of cable is that came with the bike.

Problem is that when I couldn't work out what the hook was for, I cut it off thinking it was a bit of engineering needed for some other jurisdiction like the evap canister mounts wich went the same way - it saves weight. Oh well, shit happens. B)

I never got no stinking cable....we don't need no stinking cable anyway. ;)

helmet cable eh?
nice of them to think of that, but ill just carry mine around with me (sorta like a comfort blanket)

You will find a small hook under your saddle on the left frametube where you can hook one eye of the cable in then lash it through your helmet and the other eye of the cable on the same hook, close your saddle and that's it.
as shown in the picture, this is the result: the most beautiful bike in the picture is mine :p with the helmet

Hello

I just hang my helmet on the handle bar. Put my gloves inside, maybe even my ZUMO! I have NEVER had a problem...

If I am nervous.. I'll take it all with me. There are times I have even left the key in the bike ..... OOPS....

So that's what that cable is for. I always thought with all the bells and whistles on the bike, there should be a place to lock your helmet. Now I know. Good post.

I never got one neither.

I had to pinch it off my old trade in before it went.

Anyway, I just put the helmet in the boot (trunk/top box) with everything else. The helmet cable is used for friends helmets. I don't like it because the helmet gets dusty, rained on, and MAY appear attractive to dogs.

Thanks for confirming I was in the ballpark with the hook...and thanks for all the humor! If I hadn't seen the cable listed in a parts manual I found somewhere on this great site I would never know what it was.

I do agree the Breva IS the best looing bike in the crowd in the photo generously posted.

Regards.:laugh:

For the folks that got no stinking cable...You could have one made up at a marine hardware store. It would be most likely, cheaper,just as good, and fewer headaches.

Haha! Awesome...

Mine was stuffed in with the MG toolkit...did some head scratching the other week when I saw it!!

Thanks for clearing that one up!! :)

Yippee:woohoo: GOT ONE! Mine was tucked under the toolkit which has a cool B) pair of blue pliers in it. Not sure will ever use the cable but I feel I got something extra out of Piaggio:p and it was fun saying hi to the Breva.

Mike.C wrote:
GuzzLee wrote:
pair of blue pliers in it.

Ha, my pliers are red, so that makes em grab faster :laugh:
Hey Mike
Now I got it.
Red Bike- Red pliers
Black Bike-Blue pliers
Out of almost a dozen Guzzi's don't think I ever used their freekin pliers anyway.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't know what the hell that was for...... just got to try and find it in the back of the garage now that I know it's so indispensable...... then work out where the 'hook' is!!

Back