• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Where to wire in heated suit for longer trips on my '08 Norge?

Dycokac

Tuned and Synch'ed
Next month I'm going to be making a trip from Michigan to Kansas City and I don't want to drain a battery on that trip.

Right now I have a lead off my battery that I plug in my heat controller into which isn't an issue for the short trips I usually do, but might pose a problem on this longer trip I'm expecting to do.

Should I be using the the accessory port that's under the seat, or should I tap into the tomtom circuit that I repurposed for a USB port so that I can run the suit off my stator instead of the battery?

Thanks in advance!

Honestly, all electric riding gear should be connected directly to the battery in a properly fused circuit. 👌👍😄

The alternator and voltage regulator will properly set the charging rate on your battery while you are riding, (as long as you haven’t exceeded the supplied wattage).

Most electric suit riding gear, like Gerbing, draws roughly 6-8 Amps so I would use a 10A fuse in an in-line holder if it wasn’t already provided. I wouldn’t use the accessory plug or your GPS plug.

Didn’t your suit come with a fused connector?

The dual Gerbing control draws 16 Amps max.

B6411049 E785 427A B00A 1CAC13D60291

Last edited:
Ah, see I have it connected to the battery right now so I should be good to go! I do use the Dual Gerbing control so I can set my gauntlets to a different temp that my jacket. I haven't ridden in cold enough weather that my fairing didn't protect my legs well enough yet.

A Harley rider I'm going on the trip with was suggesting that I didn't want to have it connected to the battery because it would drain the battery on a long trip. Must be a Harley thing... :)

Thanks for the Sanity Check!

Umm…the electricity coming out the accessory plug is from exactly the same place as the headlight, turn signals, dashboard, horn, etc. The battery! 😆

Harley Davidson, making fake bikers with crazy ideas for nearly the last 50 years now… 😆😆😆

You’re perfect! Enjoy.

The real question is WHY Kansas City?

I’ve made that run several times from Kansas City, MO and Kansas City, KS back to Ohio. It’s long, flat, straight, and boring as hell! 😆😆😆

I bought my California Vintage in KC, MO and my 1200 Sport in KC, KS. 😄😄😄

I hope something wonderful awaits you in KC! 🤞👌👍

The real question is WHY Kansas City?

I’ve made that run several times from Kansas City, MO and Kansas City, KS back to Ohio. It’s long, flat, straight, and boring as hell! 😆😆😆

I bought my California Vintage in KC, MO and my 1200 Sport in KC, KS. 😄😄😄

I hope something wonderful awaits you in KC! 🤞👌👍
I'm expecting a flat, straight ride 😑. But want to see the Truman museum and the WW1 memorial while at a conference of sorts.

Last edited:
Back