• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Won't Run

I
Then my other suggestion is to change the starter relay; substitute it with another one already on the bike. Check your owner's manual to determine which is the starter relay, then pull it and replace it with one of the other equivalent relays in the existing system. If you can get the bike to run, it may be possible to then trace the cause of the yellow light remaining on while the issue of the speedometer needle movement may resolve itself.
i will try that tonight.

UPDATE I came up with two faults, one was a low voltage, so charged the battery the other the ECU. I reset both and tried to restart the bike but the same thing happens. The good news it that ECU fault does not re-appear and the speedo has stopped moving when it starts, so i am guessing that is now fine.

I will try DR.B's suggestion above and also get some new hose for the pump, the old one looks tattered so may have a leak in it.

Not sure how many Bar the pump produces but i guess any internal re-enforced pip will do?

Fuel pressure should be 3 bar, or about 45 PSI. I diagnosed a 750 Breva with fuel pressure issues. Fuel pressure was 5 psi then go to zero. Faulty pressure regulator, and that part is not separately available. Fortunately the owner had a pump assembly from Norge and the pressure regulator was swapped curing the issue.

OK so John might have something here. I took the injector out and tried to start the bike the injector spray fuel maybe four or five times, just enough to catch but not run and then stops completely, nothing at all. If you start it again it repeats the cycle. So it looks like the pump initially primes enough to start the bike and do a few cycles, but then stops dead. I guess it needs a new pump?

Fuel pressure should be 3 bar, or about 45 PSI. I diagnosed a 750 Breva with fuel pressure issues. Fuel pressure was 5 psi then go to zero. Faulty pressure regulator, and that part is not separately available. Fortunately the owner had a pump assembly from Norge and the pressure regulator was swapped curing the issue.
I am guessing the pressure regulator is built into the pump? there is a pump assembly on ebay for £60, its worth a punt

The pressure regulator is a component on the fuel pump assembly and not separately available. from Guzzi. Have you tested fuel pressure?

Not sure i have the tools to test?
Any pressure gauge and associated fittings will work. I made mine. A hardware store or plumbing supply house should have all you need to make a gauge you can attach to a fuel line at an injector. Just take the line off an injector, and insert the gauge. Be sure to use replacement fuel injection type clamp.

Any pressure gauge and associated fittings will work. I made mine. A hardware store or plumbing supply house should have all you need to make a gauge you can attach to a fuel line at an injector. Just take the line off an injector, and insert the gauge. Be sure to use replacement fuel injection type clamp.
OK i can get hold of something that will give me that. My concern is that i can see why low pressure would be a problem, but it actually stops sending fuel completely.

OK i can get hold of something that will give me that. My concern is that i can see why low pressure would be a problem, but it actually stops sending fuel completely.
The start cycle may be timed. In which case the fuel pump is turned off. If you are continually pressing the start button, then I don't think the pump will stop.

Back