• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

You buncha slackers

Chuck in Indiana

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
quit riding out here or what?? :D :whistle:
Too cold? Look like it might rain? :evil:
We're headed out tomorrow for an extended stay..

Riding all the time, daily in the dirt these days.
Look forward to catching up with you and *riding*.

Hiya, Todd! Well, I brought somebody out of the woods.. :lol: Hadn't seen a post on SoCal for a couple of weeks.
Nothing like dirt bikes. (where's that thumbs up emoticon?) For a really long time, I rode nothing but my Bultaco Matador to work, in the woods, and up in Michigan in the Jack pine area every other weekend.

Cheated death again.. :D flew over some big weather on the way west. Looks like we got out of Dodge just in the nick of time. :whistle:
Let's see if the mighty Scura will run.

Chuck in Indiana said:
Cheated death again.. :D flew over some big weather on the way west. Looks like we got out of Dodge just in the nick of time. :whistle: .

And I was thinking you were gonna be riding down Chuck, like a true non-Slacker! :p

Took the STR up to Newcomb's earlier today. Lots of CalTrans vehicles parked there, but no other bikes, so I turned right around and headed home. The bike's got a harness for heat, but it was still plenty cold up there. No ice (yet) though.

Sounds good. 6 inches of snow in Indiana. :D Took the Scura for a short ride up the hill, and the long way to Cycle gear to get some cleaning stuff. It was good for me...

True to form Chuck is here, and so is rain, on Saturday. Also pretty clear snow level will be real low, with freezing or near freezing temps in the LA County valleys. Kiss the Crest good bye for a while, if not until spring. So Chuck, you said this is for an extended stay. Care to define that more specifically? Will be good to see ya, for sure we'll get some riding in together as soon as things thaw/dry out.

guzzibob said:
True to form Chuck is here, and so is rain, on Saturday. Also pretty clear snow level will be real low, with freezing or near freezing temps in the LA County valleys. Kiss the Crest good bye for a while, if not until spring. So Chuck, you said this is for an extended stay. Care to define that more specifically? Will be good to see ya, for sure we'll get some riding in together as soon as things thaw/dry out.

Hiya Bob!
We'll be headed back to the frozen Nawth Jan. 5, or something like that. I just get on the plane when she tells me. :D Went for a short putt today to try out my Freeze Out underwear with my perf leathers. I was a little too warm, so if it cools off some more, that'll be just right.... B)

Rode down the the IMS show last night, a little chilly, but very refreshing. Had to check out the newly installed Zards on the V7R. With the db blockers in, they're quieter than the stockers. The blockers will be removed today and tested on the Norton Club Ride tomorrow.
Why are we slackers? Because we don't hafta ride when it's crappy out. We don't miss many riding day around here anyway caused by of the weather! We don't have 5 months of continuous crappy weather here! As it is crappy today, we will ride tomorrow!
I did get to meet Todd at the show last night and we had a nice chat. Great chap!
Bare

Why are we slackers? Because we don't hafta ride when it's crappy out.

Because I looked on this board, and nobody had posted for two freakin weeks.. :evil: Some of the world's best roads, great weather, and nobody's riding.. slackers.. :shock: :lol:

Now, that I've brought some much needed rain to the desert, how long will it be before the SMMs are fit ti ride in again? I'l be summoning the wind spirits this evening to help dry things out...

Well, it's 4 degrees out and 1 to 2 foot snow drifts so the Griso is safely tarped in the barn but my heart is out there.

I rode the Norton Club Ride up to Julian today. There were about 20 participants on Nortons (3), several Triumphs, Hinckley and Meriden, some Beemers, a couple of Hardleys and a Guzzi. The weather was in the 40s for the most with 41 at Julian,and I finished up at home with about 55 degrees. But that was because of the midafternoon downhill run from 4200' to my house at 250'. It was a fun ride, though, and everybody enjoyed it. It was almost exactly the same weather as last year's Julian run. I rode 250 miles
It did give me a chance to run the Sards without the db killers. I thought It might be too loud, but everyone said they thought it really sounded good and didn't feel it needed to be quietened any. So I guess I'll run them as is. There is a bit of racket from popping and such when off throttle, but it doesn't really bother me much. I put some 89 Octane gas in it last night,and it passed the trial run in flying colors. Not a peep of pinging. The mileage was very average and about what I would have expected on this ride with a lot of fast interstate thrown in.
It was good day and all the bits and pieces seem to be coming together. I guess the slackers weren't there, though.
Bare

MotoGuzziatSantaYsidro_zpsa26f994e.jpg
[/url][/img

I lived in Indianapplepus in 78-79. I had a Yamaha 750 triple there. I did ride to work some mornings when there was ice on the bridges. It was always fun! I flew the WIBC Trafficopter there.
Bare

Barenekd said:
I lived in Indianapplepus in 78-79. I had a Yamaha 750 triple there. I did ride to work some mornings when there was ice on the bridges. It was always fun! I flew the WIBC Trafficopter there.
Bare

Small world. :D IndiaNoplace..
Do you know (Norge) JDG? He's a rotary wing guy, along with everything else that flys. It's probably too soon, but I'll most likely run out to the SMMs tomorrow and have a look..

I knew a couple of the flying cops, but I honestly don't remember any of their names.I was doing very little airplane flying, or hanging out at any of the airports back then. I flew out of Post, which had our helicopters and a Cessna 310 on the field. I took my ex-wife up in a One Filthy and she didn't like it, nor much of anything else I was doing, including motorcycles and sailboats. I did say ex, right?
I don't think I want to do much altitude running right now, but I'm debating the MEBC group tomorrow in Rainbow
( Temecula). but I may be a slacker. Because I can be. I know in the next week or so it'll be warmer. I probably won't make my 10000 miles by the end of the year since May, but...what the hell, I will be over 9000.
I'm not in Wyoming any more where we used to ride in 10 degree weather and snow and play off road because it was a big part of the year! Adventure cyclists didn't have anything on us! My adventure bike was 650 BSA Spitfire Scrambler.The biggest difference now and then is, I could reach the ground of the Beezer!
Bare

To unslack, I took a ride down to Temecula for the Saturday MEBC gettogether. Weird weather, it was 52 degrees at my house when left. It went up to 65 degrees going through Lake Elsinore, and I was thinking what a great day this is going to be. It's feeling great out here. I can ditch my newspaper that I had under my jacket. Then... I passed under the Clinton Keith Bridge about 10 miles from Temecula and I felt like I'd hit an ice wall. The temp dropped to 43 degrees in that last 10 miles! You could see your breath out there and we, about 30 of us, were seated out on the patio for breakfast. Fortunately they did have some heaters out there, but it took awhile to feel any effect from them! There was a warm Santa Ana wind blowing up the warm area and I got out of the windy area and that's where the cold are started! There was an 8V Griso there ridden by Rick. I didn't get his last name and the way I am any more, I was lucky to remember his first name!. Anyway after breakfast, he and I took off on a fairly short ride mostly in Riverside and Orange county. We went out to Sage Road via the wine country outside Temecula. Sage goes up into Hemet from the South, and then took some rather flat, straight roads back to the 15. Then we went over to Ortega and started up there to Lookout. We stopped there and chatted awhile then he went back down to his home in Elsinore. I went on across Ortega, which was a great ride. very little traffic to contend and they just moved over out of my way! On to the 5 then off at Jamboree to loop around to Newport Italian to see what was happening. Mario, the mechanic, noticed my bike was leaking oil. I had checked it the day before and the oring didn't get seated properly when I tightened the cap. He fixed it and cleaned the bike up while I was there. Great service from those guys! Took a slightly longer route home and when I gassed up on the corner station, my odo read 9000 miles.
It was a fun ride. When I got home and unzipped my jacket, the newspaper fell out! 201 miler.
Bare

Back