• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Mods Thread

I like those, so much of the cool Givi stuff doesn't seem to be available in the US and must be purchased from overseas.

At last, after placing the order with Fowlers of Bristol in September 2019, our V85TT is now equipped with the Aprilia Caponord front mudguard 2B001431 plus Pyramid Plastics Fenda-Extenda SKU: 057173.

View attachment 20089 View attachment 20090 View attachment 20091
What a coincidence, I just had a call from my local (1300k away) friendly Guzzi and Aprilia dealer to tell me the genuine Caponord fender extender I ordered umpteen months ago has just arrived. And the clown had the nerve to ask if I still wanted it lolol. Once it arrives I will fit and post a pic or two.

Oh, they really are coming thick and fast! I placed an order with MSP in Holland first week in January and mine arrived last week. I didn't get the Pyramid Extender yet as I thought it prudent to wait until the mudguard arrived first. I managed to find a small rubber blanking plug to fill the hole, which I believe is essential.

Aluminium panniers are from their ‘Xplorer’ range with a 30-litre unit on the left and 40-litre on the right. The pannier frame is easy to fit and matches perfectly with the standard mounting mounts on the motorcycle. Their inner bags are top quality and will make overnight stops a breeze.

Hopefully the pictures do the equipment justice.

View attachment 17667 View attachment 17668 View attachment 17669 View attachment 17670 View attachment 17671

Chris, Do you have a front view picture of the panniers. They are the ones that I am thinking of buying. The Guzzi panniers on the travel V85 I test rode had a locking mechanism that stuck out and annoyed my wife. I hope the HB ones allow a bit more space.

I've gone through all the pictures of our V85TT and cropped these. Hopefully they'll give you some idea of what the front of the HB panniers look like.

IMG 1602 2 IMG 1770 2 IMG 1491 2

Has anyone here fitted Barkbuster handguards with the BHG-079 two point frame to their V85.? If so, do you have any photos of how the inside clamp on the right side fits together? The fellows at Barkbuster (Barkbusterians? Barlbusteri?) claim this frame will fit the handlebar on a V85, but I can't for the life of me see how it could not get tangled up with the throttle cable cluster.

I personally cannot do full aluminum panniers but I understand how much more useful they are. But those H&B ones look awesome!

I don't need a top case so I'm just waiting on someone to manufacture a passenger backrest, and if they can integrate it as a top case bracket as well, heck why not?

Todd, I recall Moto Guzzi offering the entire pannier set with the purchase of the ADV V85TT as a kind of promotion and to attract customers.
Did yours come with them or was it all a hoax and you need to pay extra for the set?

Also, I remember seeing a device (can't remember the name at the moment) that allows the fog lights to blink / stutter whenever you use the horn or high beam or something like that.

Does anyone know the name of that device?
As far as the fog light are concerned I am looking for the two (2) brackets on each side to bolt my light to. Any idea of where I can find them and for how much? Thanks...... Jim

As far as the fog light are concerned I am looking for the two (2) brackets on each side to bolt my light to. Any idea of where I can find them and for how much? Thanks...... Jim
Fog lamps and brackets only available together as shown below. I can put them online for purchase if you want them. $370/pair as a kit.

OEM GuzziV85TT fog lamps

Thanks for the heads up Chris, my matt black rear hugger is now on order. Hopefully this should stop the rear shock getting so grubby. Last winter's commute is starting to take its toll on the top.

Has anyone sourced a shorter screen? Yes, shorter :) I have just tried a Givi airflow but found it terrible. And it confirmed that I definitely don't like looking through a screen. Even using just the bottom part it creates too much turbulence. So back to the original, which is currently the lesser of 3 evils :D

Has anyone here fitted Barkbuster handguards with the BHG-079 two point frame to their V85.? If so, do you have any photos of how the inside clamp on the right side fits together? The fellows at Barkbuster (Barkbusterians? Barlbusteri?) claim this frame will fit the handlebar on a V85, but I can't for the life of me see how it could not get tangled up with the throttle cable cluster.
You also mount the caponord Rally model on the V85TT

Back