• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2021-on V7-850 E5 Performance thread

51 HP with an additional 3 legged horse... 0.8

Attachments

• 5E39FA03-1525-49AE-AD60-8DF410ED2C68.png
    5E39FA03-1525-49AE-AD60-8DF410ED2C68.png
    434 KB · Views: 23
Guys, any thoughts on velocity stack? Mistral claims extra 1HP at 3.7K rpms and up to 3.5 extra ponies with better filter...

Todd, would it be worth for ya to develop something like this? Or the (claimed) gains not worth the hassle?

Guys, any thoughts on velocity stack? Mistral claims extra 1HP at 3.7K rpms and up to 3.5 extra ponies with better filter...
Heh… I love these “claims.” 1 HP?!? Show me the graphs. 3.5 extra with better filter, which you’ll likely get with the filter alone.
This is the exact thing I get accused of, yet people will purchase blindly and believe the hype.
I show massive dyno-proven gains with my products, and crickets. ;)

We can develop and 3D print one to test if there is enough interest here. Aluminum for this part, that will never be seen, isn’t cost effective. I’ll be watching.

My five cents: We have about 18 inches per cylinder of 38mm intake tube ... Not to mention the Y split, fuel injection that squirts the fuel on to the intake valve (The air in the intake does not have to carry the fuel like on the carbureted engine) , emission dictated reduced overlap cam shaft.... can’t push unburned fuel into the exhaust!..
we are waiting for the V 85 cam and then degree both cams ...there’s no information provided anywhere!
I don’t think modifying the hole in the airbox with a velocity stack would do anything..
Reducing the restriction of the air filter - yes!
Maybe somebody can prove me wrong with Dyno numbers.. which would be great!

A wise engine builder once told me that it isn’t about added horsepower, it’s about where the horsepower gain is located at! Same thing with torque. Chasing 3 horsepower at the very limit of the rev range, is futile on a street motorcycle. You will never spend any appreciable time at that rpm.

Hey Todd finally picked up my bike with your slip ons installed the SAS bypass and the UpMap…the tune I used is for the V7 with baffles. It’s better than stock but wondering if you still plan on doing an UPMap tune? Also anything I should do for air intake besides a better filter?

Hey Todd finally picked up my bike with your slip ons installed the SAS bypass and the UpMap…the tune I used is for the V7 with baffles. It’s better than stock but wondering if you still plan on doing an UPMap tune? Also anything I should do for air intake besides a better filter?

FWIW: Todd cannot monitor all traffic in every forum. This is not how you contact him. Use the CONTACT info on the STORE tab.

EMAIL INFO​

Questions on a GTM Build, products or previous order follow-up?

BUILDS OR PRODUCT QUESTIONS: Sales @GTMotoCycles.com

O.C. WORKSHOP: Service @GTMotoCycles.com

ORDER FOLLOW UP: Info @GuzziTech.com -- Please see below.

We do not offer Tech Support via email; Please see our GuzziTech.com Forums linked below.

We DO NOT have a phone, do not email us and tell us to call you... we're online ONLY.

In these unprecedented times of post-COVID-19, worldwide shipping REMAINS affected at every level. Consequently, we are experiencing unanticipated and significantly longer delays from our suppliers, as they no doubt are also experiencing the same delays and challenges from theirs. Regrettably, the situation is beyond our control. We are all in this worldwide shipping frustration right now. Our system constantly updates the status of your order online, and/or you can always log in at any time, to check your current order status. Rest assured, we value your business and are working at maximum capacity in order to fulfill our commitments to you, our customers. Email inquiries slow everything down. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi, does anybody know if the UpMap's 2021 v7 850 US Map work on the 2022 v7 850 models? Thx

Re the velocity stack, Todd have you or anyone else managed to run a test on one?
Im asking as this product comes from Mistral who appear to be a reputable supplier of exhaust components and they also make claims for these in HP improvements which seem to be supported or certainly not disputed.
Re the air cleaner, my understanding is in the main after market air filters only provide a washable alternative to a paper filter, the engine can only draw in so much air in standard tune and the standard paper filter as provided by MG will easily provide this with a spare capacity available also.
I have had some experience with velocity stacks and 'perfomance' air filters on rotary engined race car engines and there, whilst you couldnt actually prove a peak HP gain you could certainly move around the HP graph and tune the throttle response and 'average' HP you made available to the driver., so we chased providing a smoother throttle response to make the car more drivable. Im sort of guessing this is more likely what a velocity stack and performance air filter might be doing on the V7 850 which certainly has some 'falter' spots in its power delivery.
Curious to hear what others might have experienced here, be it by dyno runs or seat of the pants experience.
For me, this V7 850 is my first Moto Guzzi so its taking me a little while to understand the engine characteristics when riding (easier now Im past the first service and can let it run past the 4500 rpm suggested limit) . Im not really seeking more HP, the bike is adequate for me at my age (73) but would like to see what can be done to make the roll on performance of the engine smoother from 3500rpm upwards which is where it wants to be. Our roads here in New Zealand are undulating and in the main quite windy so I spend a lot of time in 3rd to 5th gear, rarely pulling 6th as the V7 850 engine dosnt feel that comforatable with less and 4000rpm on in 6th which equates to about 105kph and our 'legislated' speed limit is 100kph!

Just reading through the GTM Fuel Kit V85TT Performance Mods and Dyno Graph Thread, I know the V7 won’t be able to see the same power as a V85, and I don’t know nearly enough about these things, but is a GTM V7 Fuel Kit with PC6 + Upmap combo in the realm of possibility? Or is equipment like a PC6 just not possible for use on a V7? If that’s a stupid question, don’t mind me, I’m just over here jealous of the power GTM is able to get out of the V85 haha

Last edited:
Just reading through the GTM Fuel Kit V85TT Performance Mods and Dyno Graph Thread, I know the V7 won’t be able to see the same power as a V85, and I don’t know nearly enough about these things, but is a GTM V7 Fuel Kit with PC6 + Upmap combo in the realm of possibility? Or is equipment like a PC6 just not possible for use on a V7? If that’s a stupid question, don’t mind me, I’m just over here jealous of the power GTM is able to get out of the V85 haha
Your answer is at the top here;

Your answer is at the top here;

Ah there it is. How unfortunate hahaha but thanks for the answer!

Back