• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2023 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone Special Edition

That is a travesty... It's terrible that people are so damn cheap.
Well, the bike had 1300 miles on it, so barely broken in, and I had over $25k of retail parts and labor in it, including the price of the bike. I was open to offers above $20k, which is a LOT for a V7 I know. But the bike made ~65 rwhp, and was 425 lbs ready to ride. Rear shocks were re-sprung for an adult. You see the street name in the photo Scott? Thought it'll put a smile on your face.
Just thinking out loud - so it might not make sense…or be a bit off.
Some people might not be able to see the value in paying $5k - $7k more for a certain bike with those upgrades.
But you see people willing to pay triple the stock price of the donors for something fully custom.
Per above, it's about double a new one. They aren't making a Racer any more... and,
Todds Racer is sweet, I'd buy it but im trying to figure out my V7 or dump it.
It's long gone. As stated in the original post above, I undressed it to nearly stock (front end, wheels brakes, etc) and sold it for $9500 with the 820cc kit in place, which was a steal.

I suspect that the Racer didn’t sell in the UK because it wasn’t very fast…some of thought it looked silly with a racing number on it. What I’d like is a V7 850 Special with the full fat 85TT motor, double front discs, Brembo rear disc in a single-sided swinging arm and better, adjustable suspension. I’d willingly pay more for a higher quality product. I’m not interested in the V100 because at my age it’s too heavy but if they made a V7 850 Special deluxe or something priced between the two I’d buy one. Sadly these days it’s more about modes, cruise control and stuff I don’t need or want. The V7 range is obviously built down to a price, not up to a consistently high quality eg Brembo front brake but Youbuypong rear caliper. I know it won’t happen.

I suspect that the Racer didn’t sell in the UK because it wasn’t very fast…some of thought it looked silly with a racing number on it. What I’d like is a V7 850 Special with the full fat 85TT motor, double front discs, Brembo rear disc in a single-sided swinging arm and better, adjustable suspension. I’d willingly pay more for a higher quality product. I’m not interested in the V100 because at my age it’s too heavy but if they made a V7 850 Special deluxe or something priced between the two I’d buy one. Sadly these days it’s more about modes, cruise control and stuff I don’t need or want. The V7 range is obviously built down to a price, not up to a consistently high quality eg Brembo front brake but Youbuypong rear caliper. I know it won’t happen.

Umm... They already built it!

The new V100 Mandello has everything you asked for. Everything.

FWIW: It ONLY weighs 9.5kg (21 lbs) more, ready to ride on the curb, compared to a brand new V7 850cc motorcycle.

The seat height is only 35mm (1.4 inches) taller as well.

You probably didn't realize this.

Last edited:
It’s funny how people compare things - I would imagine that nearly any motorcycle has a better power to weight ration than *regular* cars ! ( up to a certain speed - ( already past legal ))
But when compared to bikes expect the motorcycle to be Crazy fast - or it’s not Really Fast… :wasntme:

Yes, in stock form the sound and acceleration of the V7 III wasn’t stellar- but after exhaust and ECU updates, I’d challenge any one to say this bikes not “Fun” :p

The thing about the V100 for me is that as a completely new design it won’t be home serviceable for some time. Whilst I was prepared to void the warranty on my V7 850 Special as home servicing is simple and there is lots of knowledge out there gleaned from earlier models, it will be a while before this all percolates through for the V100. The other point is that it is expensive - like I said, I was looking for a better V7 price between the current one and the V100 ( as the 85TT is). Why they didn’t just build a V7 using the 85TT stuff I don’t know. Anyway, I’ll let the pioneers try the V100 before I do.

I suspect that the Racer didn’t sell in the UK because it wasn’t very fast…some of thought it looked silly with a racing number on it. What I’d like is a V7 850 Special with the full fat 85TT motor, double front discs, Brembo rear disc in a single-sided swinging arm and better, adjustable suspension. I’d willingly pay more for a higher quality product. I’m not interested in the V100 because at my age it’s too heavy but if they made a V7 850 Special deluxe or something priced between the two I’d buy one.
I always align with British sensibilities, and my DNA confirmed why, though more Bavarian German apparently.
It’s obvious that Guzzi will likely never build such a machine. The new motor is (nearly exactly) shared with the V85TT, but the larger throttle body and ECU (and related) would require more real estate than available. That said, I’m building what you ask for. Click on the BUILDS tab above if you haven’t ever. The first crashed V100 I get my hands on will make the next gen GTM v3.X.
Sadly these days it’s more about modes, cruise control and stuff I don’t need or want. The V7 range is obviously built down to a price, not up to a consistently high quality eg Brembo front brake but Youbuypong rear caliper. I know it won’t happen.
Unfortunately you are correct, and I’m sure you meant to say Youbuydung rear caliper.

Looks great! Actually I did mean Youbuypong - pong is an old colloquialism for stench (erm, maybe that’s not current parlance…..)😊 Dung is probably better though..

a great lookin bike, BUT i love the last years V7 Special in blue + would surely appreciate a TUBELESS wire wheel which is a lot cheaper for the manufacturer than me. seat height only matters for shorter riders like ME + is something i check along with a bikes weight BUT only a test ride reveals the TRUTH!!

My 2022 V7 special is in pieces
Hopefully she comes back together as a kind of “LeMans I” version...
It’s going to take a while.....

Well chaps, my V7 Stone Special landed last week. As soon as I saw the photos I knew I wanted one. The weather has been truly miserable lately (it is December after all) so for now I have to just bide my time until the better weather arrives. I’m really happy with it, it’s got everything I want and nothing I don’t. Reading some of the comments it’s not to everyone’s taste but most importantly, I like it. And yes it does sound very nice BTW with the Arrow cans, I would say deeper than stock but not overly loud, a nice tone.

6BD10B04 23CA 4B76 8E9F 1F82BD098082 574291EF AF29 4FAE B54A 927CC6B6D4D0

Well chaps, my V7 Stone Special landed last week. As soon as I saw the photos I knew I wanted one. The weather has been truly miserable lately (it is December after all) so for now I have to just bide my time until the better weather arrives. I’m really happy with it, it’s got everything I want and nothing I don’t. Reading some of the comments it’s not to everyone’s taste but most importantly, I like it. And yes it does sound very nice BTW with the Arrow cans, I would say deeper than stock but not overly loud, a nice tone.

View attachment 27943View attachment 27944

Congratulations but your photo skills are, umm, interesting!😆

Mmmmm, i can’t find any V75 Monza online only the V50
Monza was only used on the V50. V65 was the Lario. The V75 was a Targa shown below. The rendering above was based on the older Breva/Nevada/early V7C platform.

Moto Guzzi V75 Targa

They also made a 4V V75:

MotoGuzzi V75 4V

Back