• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anyone with factory panniers?

Hi Scott, when I purchased my V100 it came with two barrels that matched the ignition, then when i bought the panniers I put the new barrels in them. Yes the panniers came with barrels so I have enough bits now to open up a locksmiths.

Hi Kevin,

Yes, they all did or at least that seems to be the case with those who bought their motorcycles brand new from a dealer.

Also, many people, like myself, acquired their V100, “used” with all sorts of mileage and histories.

There seems to be all sorts of circumstances for matched and unmatched tumblers. I have like 3 sets of locks too! 🤷‍♂️

Also, I haven’t got to make it yet but I am going to make a rekey video where you can rekey a bag to make if addressable with the ignition key but missing the reciprocal.

You can do this by keying one or more of the inner tumbler indexes to nothing. The ignition key will match the outer indexes, and the inner indexes of the ignition key, will be ignored by the bag key.

It looks similar like this if you assume 5 indexes with 4 possible heights (0-3)

Position. 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 ———>

In this particular instance, the Ign. key would be able to operate the Bag but not the other way around.

The ignition “2” in the 2nd position and the “1” in the 3rd position would be ignored by the “Null 0” values of the bag, thereby allowing the bag tumbler to turn with the ignition key.

However, the bag key would have the wrong indexes in the second and third positions, so the bag key would be prevented from operating the ignition.

I just need to sit at my bench and make a movie.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I thought I'd update that I ordered the factory panniers. While I prefer top load, aluminum bags overall, the plastic ones Guzzi offers for the V100 do have some advantages and I like that they do mount solid not loose and wobbly.
1) They look pretty good on the bike, and when not on there aren't brackets and mounts left exposed. 36"width isn't too wide.
2) I'd prefer 70 or so but 59 liters will be ample capacity.
3) Unlike with top loaders the contents are easily accessible with a pack across the top.
4) The bike came with tumblers already keyed to the bike so no extra key to carry along.
5) Price. Aftermarket aluminum panniers with mounts will likely be over $1,000 plus shipping. The factory ones list for $850 minus a discount at the dealer (when they come in, in a few weeks).

I'll be careful to fit them on correctly and that the seat is latched as Kevin pointed out, and file the tabs as Moparnut mentioned (and I did on my V85) to enable the key to not be held captive, so it can be latched and unlocked or when desired, locked.

Back