• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Clutch Noise?

So I'm still waiting for the damn throw bearing...been over two weeks now. The good news is the shop gave me the shop V7ii with Arrow exhaust until mine is fixed.

As soon as I hop on the bike, all the bitter feelings I had just drifted away. It's so damn hard to stay upset with this bike!

getting parts from piaggio can take a while. thats cool your shop was able to get you a loaner bike. thats awesome!

Well I was informed that the part finally arrived from the land of pizza and wine. Should have the bike back today or tomorrow (pending my schedule).

I will continue to provide updates with my venture of hunting down Customer Care. Hoping they accept my initial terms (replacement bike) as I REALLY want to stay loyal to the brand.

Cheers

The replacement is due to the fact that my bike has been in and out of the shop roughly 40% of the time since ownership (October 2015). The simple thing is, I have no faith in my bike.

I've put in a fair amount of time getting the bike to a point where I find it unique and esthetically pleasing. The last thing I want to do is swap out for a new bike and start all over again...but I also do not want to deal with a consistent headache of ridiculous problems and loose out on weeks on end of the already small riding season.

I'm lucky to have a shop that will do everything they can to keep me on two wheels (ie. loaner bike). From what I've read, some people are stuck with nothing while dealing with whatever problems.

I'm not on a hunt to cause trouble or trash talk the brand. I simply want the Piaggio Group to acknowledge that what I have been experiencing is out of the ordinary and do the right thing. I have years of riding ahead of me and I really want to have an MG (amongst others) in my garage for the long haul as I believe they are one of the best looking motorcycles money can buy.

Hope that explanations helps!

Well I certainly hope you get what you want, but I would think that a replacement is a stretch. And that wouldn't be a Guzzi policy either, as the jap brands can be just as rigid when it comes to replacing a bike.

An example of how slow Piaggio is - my brand new Vespa left me stranded a couple of years ago due to a loose ignition coil connection. Stupid issue as I should have found it myself. Called the roadside number, and they didn't know who I was...lol. Called George at the shop and he sends a truck, and pays the $50 charge out of his pocket.

I guess he billed Piaggio, because some guy from New York called me at least twice regarding the "investigation". I told them what happened, that their roadside assistance was a joke, and that George paid for the tow.

Two months later, I get a check from Piaggio for $50?? Seriously? So I go to the shop and hand it over...

Ever try calling the Guzzi road side assistance?

I got a southern black woman from Atlanta "What kind of vehicle are you on?...Oh you ride a Moto Guzzo. Who makes that?... ok. Let me help you out wit dat."

I was pretty surprised the guzzi hotline didn't know what a moto GUZZI was.

There has to be hundreds of stories showing what a great guy George is. Hopefully he scans this forum and reads some of the positive stories.

My request may be a stretch, but sometimes you have to ask for the moon to have someone realize how frustrated you are. I managed to get in contact with someone very high within the Piaggio Group. Fingers cross that something positive will come out.

Ever try calling the Guzzi road side assistance?

I got a southern black woman from Atlanta "What kind of vehicle are you on?...Oh you ride a Moto Guzzo. Who makes that?... ok. Let me help you out wit dat."

I was pretty surprised the guzzi hotline didn't know what a moto GUZZI was.
Could be because they don't have many calls about Guzzis leaving their riders stranded, because they're so reliable, or perhaps because their riders are so resourceful. You pay your money and you take your choice.

Another update.

Aside from the broken throw bearing, the pushrod is fractured as well. Awaiting more parts.

Alright...picked my bike up from the shop after waiting for over a month. Everything feels great and running smoothly. Hoping this is the last of the issues *knock on wood*.

In the process of working something out with head office to compensate for the loss of time and frustration.

my throwout bearing, since new, screeches when it gets slightly hot so i pop out of gear at traffic lights and just listen to the tranny rumbles instead. the shop could not hear it(didnt warm it up), only everybody at the intersection. its never going back (for anything) i will fix it myself when the time comes

Well it's finally over! MG and I came to an agreement (with the help of George from my local shop, Corsa Meccanica) for compensation as an offer in good faith. Very happy to see that MG values their customers!

Back in the shop.

Bike was running perfectly, then when I'm about to go to a meeting, it won't start. The person who towed the bike to the shop thinks it's the battery since it couldn't be jumped, however when pushing the ignition the faintest clicking noise does not resemble the starter trying to turn the motor over. Lights aren't dimmed and the horn is loud as hell.

Wonder if this is a starter problem, or something else?

I'm not even upset...just emotionally dead on the topic. I just want a working bike!

Since the lights are not dimming which means the starter relay and starter solenoid are not drawing power, I would hazard a guess at the a fuse. The relay will still click as the internal contact is moving, but there is no power to send to the starter. Hopefully it is as simple as that. Make sure you tell George to check the obvious first. Sometimes they have a habit of going complicated and then checking the fuses. Of course, next questions would be why the fuse blew (assuming that is the case).

God I hope it's something simple. It's exhausting having the deal with this at this frequency and I find it very hard to suppress any negative feelings towards my bike.

Would a Lemon law apply here? It sure sounds like you got one. I think I'd be at the end of my rope if it were me.

Back