Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

DISCONTINUED ALARIS/Centurion/VDSTS Info - Instructions

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by GTM®, Feb 25, 2009.

1. canuck1969

canuck1969 GT Reference GT Contributor

Hey folks...just a heads up if you have downloaded the latest version of Centurion S. When you first install and run it, several of the options are not present on the drop down lists (ie. TPS reset). Once you install the cables and hook it up to a battery, it will recognize the cable for the specific ECU and then the options will be unlocked. For my Stelvio this was the case.

The old version had all the options but those not available were grayed out. For the new version, it only displays the options that are available for your ECU.

2. mgmike

mgmike Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Greetings,

I have the Centurion system install hooked it up today..Looks really cool.
    Now I need to figure out how to use it..LOL My question is how do I adjust the
    TPS after I purchase the full fueling kit? It looks like all I do is open and close the throttle in
    the TPS portion of the program. Diags.jpeg
    Am I correct?

Thank
    Mike

Wisconsin v7 Racer likes this.
  3. ds99

ds99 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

you click on the 'active settings' button (screwdriver symbol), and choose TPS, answer yes to the confirmation question, it then counts down from 10 and (hopefully) says "PASS".

Wisconsin v7 Racer likes this.
  4. mgmike

mgmike Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Thanks.....I try it soon going to order full fueling next week

5. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

6. guzzitnlover

guzzitnlover Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

Do you have to log in via your email w/ internet access before you can use Alaris?

Thanks

7. guzzitnlover

I purchased my Alaris direct from TechnoResearch as on the site here it showed only one bike modules. TR stated the following to me:

Our Alaris-MM will do the job. It includes all the Marelli ECU up to the 7BM (including P8).

figured out one issue. Reason it was updating all the time and needing me to put in my e-mail address for account info was:

I was clicking on the icon on my deck top labeled " TechnoReasearch Launcher". Instead I opened "TR" from my programs and no problem bringing up the program with no internet access and not needing to enter my account info but...

I can connect and check everything I want on the Breva which has the MM-IAW5AM ECU.

I then hook everything up to the 98 EV using the P8, change the ECU by clicking on the motorcycle icon to the P8. I then turn ignition on and click TALK. See connecting at the bottom left of the program and to the right see where it states P8 and then see the two red markers go away and ECU is connected. Still same problem, no readings on the meter program or anything else...not even battery status?

Noted on the cardboard slip card as well as the Alaris module it states "MM-IAW5AM". I wonder if this is the correct Alaris module?

Or do I have another issue?

Thanks 20180922_203139.jpg

8. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

For this question I think it is best to contact Techno Research direct.

9. guzzitnlover

Yes, I have been going back and forth with this issue. Had some replies last night and even one early this morning. Was told that they will check into it Monday morning.

I was told when I purchased the Alaris from TechnoResearch that the module box would look the same but the components were different. However I'm suspect to the fact that the cardboard sleeve and back of the module plainly state MM-IAW5AM.

I was wondering if anyone else here has a multi-functioning Alaris that will work on all the Marelli ECU's?

Thanks

10. ausguzzi

ausguzzi Just got it firing!

I tried to do a TPS reset on my 2012 V7 yesterday. The Centurion Pro stops at the ....connecting... stage (with a window suggesting 1. connect battery, 2 . turn on kill switch etc). It was connected to a good 12V battery, unlocking key was inserted, diagnostic cable to a 2nd USB port, 15RC ECU selected.
    It has worked previously. Any thoughts on what may be happening? - the laptop has Windows 10 if that is a thought..thanks in anticipation.

11. GTM®

Contact TR direct; http://technoresearch.com/index.php/contact/contact-us -- with your info and phone number (and include your time zone), and they will call or email you for help.

12. ausguzzi

ausguzzi Just got it firing!

Thanks for the rapid reply, Todd. I have contacted TR.
    The V7 has had your reflash and has run beautifully except for an intermittent cough when cold . But now it misses at low RPM's especially when cold and has low power. Sparkplugs indicate quite a rich mixture especially RHS. I have replaced the (Iridium) plugs but no improvement. Any thoughts?. I run our 98 octane fuel. airfilter is BMC (cleaned recently) and it has quite open pipes with a smaller diameter crossover pipe. Could it be the O2 sensor perhaps?
    I still have the 2012 Stelvio as well. It is going well.

thanks Howard

13. GTM®

Welcome, and please email me. I can’t reply to or monitor the Forum in this way.

14. Hydrolastic

Hydrolastic Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

It looks like some things have changed at Techno Research. I can do a Google search for Alaris, but I then just get redirected to the new home page of https://technoresearch.info/ . The Centurion software is only listed for H-D, Victory, and Indian. Does anyone know if this is still the same product, or have they gone in a different direction?

Dave

15. GTM®

New direction, as their Alaris business didn't support them, so off to HD land where people spend ridiculous amounts of money.