• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

EV Chatter

.....They can build a car with a 1 liter engine, that is capable of sustained cruising at 70 mph and obtaining 50+ mpg however nobody is willing to be frugal and reasonable. It’s never about what you need, it’s all about what “I want…”......
Unfortunately the same applies to EVs it seems to me
There's a fixation on acceleration for example and when I was taught physics, you "don't get owt for nowt"
So by definition, you use more of the electricity you have stored in the batteries.
So your views read straight across sadly to the perceived solution 😕

We thought about buying a Fiat 500 before, but I didn’t have confidence in the high pressure oil system they use for the variable valve timing….
Now that’s been dealt with, there are No valves.
Is it the same driving the Miata or the Motorcycles…no
can / do I drive the motorcycles or Miata in the Winter… No
so we’ll see 🤷‍♂️ how the experiment goes.

I’m dense and don’t understand what you mean here…
What I was try to say was that there is a tendency to want high power vehicles whatever the motor/engine design
The consequence for EV is that you need to make more electricity to achieve that
If you want all the extra juice, then currently you're likely to be burning fossil fuels which puts you back in the IC engine field as far as pollution/ global warming goes
There is a concern about nukes, and green energy in all its forms is still in its infancy
I think EV has its place but is not yet a panacea to the world's energy/ pollution issues

the continuing saga…
So Hydrogen all seems great except for the fact that it’s the most expensive / “dirtiest” fuel to produce - Today
But
I seems that the Japanese have a solution that shares the power generation aspect of nuclear with the cleaner and economic production of Hydrogen ?

Did you hear the sound ( one of the Sounds ) ?
In one * Advertisement* its starts off like a car noise and Evolves into a Orchestral symphony thing !!
Ok once or Twice Maybe - but that would get Old pretty fast.

- the Fake Engine Noise -

Fake Mustang Electric Sound from Borla -

WIth the old 500E - the Sound generator is in the wheel well and you can remove it !

Some other Company was offering a Plan where you could buy the * Cheap* version of their Electric Car and Upgrade the Range and Performance when you had More Money LATER !!!
WTF ??

Yes, you purchased the Car but its Not really Yours - We can turn it off - Or Crash it with an Over the Air upgrade at any time...

When ya try to be someone ya're not- it's lame AF... Ya have power, ya have torque, limited range, no infrastructure yet. Ya're not everyone's cup of tea and that's OK, there's a different cup for everyone, but when a soccer-mom-looser-cruiser Mach-E EV wants to sound like a V8 muscle car, it looks like one of them social media fake influencers begging "please please like me, I'm awesome". If EVs just be what they are, I wouldn't have much dislike in them, but they're like vegans of automotive world...

Back