• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

First Guzzi

No harm or offense intended. Apologies to you.

I am writing these at 4:44am from the middle of the Mediterranean Ocean off the coast of Italy.

Trying to get tired enough to go to sleep again. 😴

Insomnia sucks…. 😆

…I still think the end can is not a pretty design.

You and I are in agreement. 👍

So you will pay $$$ so that the motorcycle will run significantly worse than stock because the fuel injection map will not be optimized to operating conditions. 🤦‍♂️

Upgrading a horn is the single best upgrade one can do, provided you don’t hack the wiring up and do a professional level installation.
I`m far from being a competent mechanic so please bear with me if these seem foolish questions/comments and I welcome your informed response providing insomnia has not befuddled your brain of course.

Keeping in mind the various emission regulations that all manufacturers have to meet these days surely the stock systems and set up are to pass these regulations as opposed to offering optimum performance . The 2 are mutually exclusive to a degree aren`t they ?

All motor manufacturers are constantly amending and improving their products but they are not infallible and all make mistakes from time to time. How much did Ducati spend developing the 1200 Multistrada only to fit a standard screen that aims turbulent air directly at the riders head for example
Surely it is possible that an after market producer may actually produce a component that is superior to the factory product ? It could be an exhaust system that not only optimises the fuel injection map but weighs a couple of LBS less too or it could be a horn that can actually be heard.
This could come about by design or happy accident , it doesn`t really matter which as long as it happens.

I`m far from being a competent mechanic so please bear with me if these seem foolish questions/comments and I welcome your informed response providing insomnia has not befuddled your brain of course.

Keeping in mind the various emission regulations that all manufacturers have to meet these days surely the stock systems and set up are to pass these regulations as opposed to offering optimum performance . The 2 are mutually exclusive to a degree aren`t they ?

All motor manufacturers are constantly amending and improving their products but they are not infallible and all make mistakes from time to time. How much did Ducati spend developing the 1200 Multistrada only to fit a standard screen that aims turbulent air directly at the riders head for example
Surely it is possible that an after market producer may actually produce a component that is superior to the factory product ? It could be an exhaust system that not only optimises the fuel injection map but weighs a couple of LBS less too or it could be a horn that can actually be heard.
This could come about by design or happy accident , it doesn`t really matter which as long as it happens.
Many bikes ago, i purchased a very lightly used BMW R100GS/PD. One of the nicest riding and running motorcycles I ever owned, taking it to and from Alaska twice, without a single mechanical hiccup. I sold it to purchase a new 2007 KLR650, only because a shop mechanic screwed up the cylinder head studs, and then botched the helicoil repairs. It was carbureted.

i purchased my 2022 V85TT Adventure brand new last spring, and I absolutely love everything about it, even though its exhaust and catalytic converter could anchor a cruise ship.

Bikes with fuel injection, are far cries from the adjustable carbs of old, where jetting changes and needle clip positions determined how a bike performed.

i say leave the bike alone, and just go for a ride.

Many bikes ago, i purchased a very lightly used BMW R100GS/PD. One of the nicest riding and running motorcycles I ever owned, taking it to and from Alaska twice, without a single mechanical hiccup. I sold it to purchase a new 2007 KLR650, only because a shop mechanic screwed up the cylinder head studs, and then botched the helicoil repairs. It was carbureted.

i purchased my 2022 V85TT Adventure brand new last spring, and I absolutely love everything about it, even though its exhaust and catalytic converter could anchor a cruise ship.

Bikes with fuel injection, are far cries from the adjustable carbs of old, where jetting changes and needle clip positions determined how a bike performed.

i say leave the bike alone, and just go for a ride.
I largely agree with you having learned the hard way about 40 years ago when I wasted money making my lovely Ducati Pantah worse by chasing a few bhp I didn`t need .
These days I stick to changing mirrors and screens if I can easily improve their performance, grips and bars to make things more comfy now I have arthritis and I will change exhaust systems if I don`t like how they look and sound. For example I have a Monster S2R1000 which from the factory has a very plain exhaust complete with hideous catalyser, see below.

I don`t have a photo of mine on my phone with its much prettier system . I have to be honest , the new system has made the bike slightly worse at 2500rpm and below but very much better at 2500rpm and above so well worth it IMO. I`ll post a picture of it later this week if anyone is interested. I`ll post it even if nobody is interested as its such a fabulous bike !

Back