• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM Fuel Kit - E5 V85TT Performance Mods & Dyno graphs and PC6 info

All sorted on how to get the whole Marianne ordered, and finger will just hover a little longer over the “send” button, for what is inevitable…

But a question to enhance my lacking knowledge on the ECU specific stuff:

in the past on older bikes, I didn’t use Power commanders, instead assuming i could achieve what I wanted with just an ECU map change. On a couple machines i bought, i removed the PC’s that had been installed and instead uploaded maps to the ECU directly. Always had good success, and in a couple of isolated incidents it was a lot better than what shops or prior owners had achieved with power commanders. But the simplicity of my view of all that now will be exposed…
I assumed that fuel mapping, closed loop/open loop, interaction with the O2 sensors, all that was controlled by the “brain” (ECU), via direct programming, or the ECU was biased by an outside device like a simple O2 input bias gizmo, or a PC with more robust ways to bias the in/out of the ECU itself.
On the GTM full-meal-deal, it includes the PC6, the auto-tune, and up-map, which looks to mean that the ECU will have a different map loaded, AND the PC will do what it does as well. I had always thought it was one or the other… ECU map change, or accomplish the same thing with a PC.
Does the up-map address certain things, and then the PC addresses other elements? The answer has to be yes, but would love more education on how those interact and what they do.

Does the up-map address certain things, and then the PC addresses other elements? The answer has to be yes, but would love more education on how those interact and what they do.
Correct. The ECU map table is a broad brush stroke compared to what the PC/AT can do, and it does so dynamically using wideband sensors. Read more info HERE. The PC/AT combo makes any revised ECU map feel crude, digital and barbaric.
I've posted on this dozens of times... Everyone wants educated here, but that comes at a great cost and experience; 23+ years and counting on Guzzi-specific fueling alone. Your new here, so my resume is HERE.
We do not allow talk of THIS freeware here and THIS charlatan clown who wouldn't exist without stealing other people's work.

Gotcha. Education for me, and so thanks for the quick response and direction. Its my first late model Goose.
I know your resume, thats why I’m here and ready to part with the money :->.
Now off to do more reading and spending!

Back