• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Kat's V7 850 Special - Wannabe Racer

A simple search of bolts brings up all three offerings, but here go;

Hey there, Guzzisti.

Another day, another question about these (sometimes for me) enigmatic machines.

For quite a while I've noticed that the left cylinder exhaust header is having a darker color (pale brown / blue) than the right one (still looks almost like factory).

I've asked several people having the V7 850 Special model and they all seem to suffer from the same thing.

Why is that? Is the left cylinder running hotter than the right one? Was thinking to buy a probe thermometer so I can measure the temperature to see the actual difference.

Is there any way of solving this thing? Does the UpMap device + the SAS removal kit helps?

It's like the left cylinder is running leaner than the right one, hence the increased temperature that gives the exhaust header this color.

RIGHT cylinder
7c5415f8 14eb 4a45 9a50 48f35cf5ed17

LEFT cylinder
1a46e70b 9a00 4963 8f23 1b428c2d037d

Hey brother, been a while!
Shiny valve covers is not my cup of tea but sure looks good on your bike👍
As of valve adjustment, I did what Vagrant said. I used a plastic straw to find TDC.
As of different cylinder temperatures, mine are still different after SAS block and Upmap remapped. I haven't checked before but my black satin exhaust was flaking more on one side than the other so I presume it was different temperature. I can't remember what was the temperatures but it was different, and I measured twice to make sure I'm not imagining. As it was within normal range and not big difference I called it "normal" and left it that LOL I can measure again after a ride for some info

Hey brother, been a while!
Shiny valve covers is not my cup of tea but sure looks good on your bike👍
As of valve adjustment, I did what Vagrant said. I used a plastic straw to find TDC.
As of different cylinder temperatures, mine are still different after SAS block and Upmap remapped. I haven't checked before but my black satin exhaust was flaking more on one side than the other so I presume it was different temperature. I can't remember what was the temperatures but it was different, and I measured twice to make sure I'm not imagining. As it was within normal range and not big difference I called it "normal" and left it that LOL I can measure again after a ride for some info

Hi dad! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Please do a measure, I'm curious about the difference. I find it weird that until this moment I could not find the cause for this difference and how to solve it on the entire internet.

Need to get my hands on the SAS block kit and on the UpMap device.

Got sm data on temperatures. +29C outside, after an hour of high revving ride in twisties. Right cylinder was 130C, left 136C, both measured close to headers. The headers were 141C right and 148C left but bare in mind that my headers are wrapped. Either way, temperature differences between left and right sides are only 6-7 degrees. I can't remember my exact temperatures before remapping but it's definitely cooler now. And even it's not related but my oil pan temperature was 109C. Hope that helps :)

Got sm data on temperatures. +29C outside, after an hour of high revving ride in twisties. Right cylinder was 130C, left 136C, both measured close to headers. The headers were 141C right and 148C left but bare in mind that my headers are wrapped. Either way, temperature differences between left and right sides are only 6-7 degrees. I can't remember my exact temperatures before remapping but it's definitely cooler now. And even it's not related but my oil pan temperature was 109C. Hope that helps :)

Thank you, brother!! It seems that the different headers temp issue might be caused by the factory E5 fueling settings, but it is just a wild guess. Maybe someone like Todd @GTM® who really knows the insides of these engines could shine some light over this matter. Great respect to all Guzzi riders!

Back