• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Kat's V7 850 Special - Wannabe Racer

It's come along nicely since I checked in . Good work

Thank you, sir! This weekend I’ll paint the rear fender in a similar blue as the tank. I couldn’t find the color code on the internet so I picked the closest color my eye could match.

Looking forward to seeing pictures!
Very good “mod”!!!
Use plastic primer...
just light scuffing.. no sanding!!

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing pictures!
Very good “mod”!!!
Use plastic primer...
just light scuffing.. no sanding!!

It's a honor to have you on my thread. Thank you for the advice. I've painted in the past various bits and pieces using spray cans and the results were pretty good. I've scuffed the factory clear coat. Today I'll go at the paint shop so I can get the spray cans and if tomorrow's temp allows me, I will paint it outside.

Also, a new mod will be done to the basis of the tail light. Updates soon.

Hey, you are doing it and make the bike your own ‼️
Limited resources but great results!!!
Keep on building!!

I’m on a few forum’s, and the vision, drive and ability I see in Goodkat and lemans850I builds is incredible! So much that if I didn’t just buy a Ducati SFV4, I’d probably do on my self. Oh well I’ll try and be content with my 2 bikes. 😎

I’m on a few forum’s, and the vision, drive and ability I see in Goodkat and lemans850I builds is incredible! So much that if I didn’t just buy a Ducati SFV4, I’d probably do on my self. Oh well I’ll try and be content with my 2 bikes. 😎
Pfff man…thank you so much but I wouldn’t call my build incredible. lemans’ build yes, it is incredible!! Cheers, buddy!!!

Trying my hand on a starter motor cover. Kinda rough, because this aluminum is pretty thick and stubborn, even annealed. and I don’t have a bending machine nor a big vice. Therefore I am doing what I can

. F6A9953B 2A94 480F 965D E355C1AED2A3

C5A82D26 AC4B 49B6 B878 4FEB43ED6D7A

ABB1C778 F2E6 4D0E BE2D 4B68434DF633

After a bit of sanding:

07D0B04B 3DC8 44BF 8FE5 DE1D5226B3FB

4A45E9D0 235F 40FD BACE DFCFF0F6053E

…still have some more…way more!

…aaaaand it’s done and mounted. Today I was so close to scrap it because I couldn’t match the curvature of the starter motor bracket, but then I said to give it one more try. Lucky me!

What do you guys think!?

59AB6147 E4B9 4F5D 8BC2 210053698B0C

71A9EA95 274F 44BC 8FEE 0C5FA716678A

34637030 B3EF 4B83 8B18 91CF377B1F2F

9C2DAEB4 EA0E 4C5D 8932 125845BA9500

6D1D1830 A2AC 494E AC51 AD63E1D5F0A2

Nice. We make and sell them for those who don’t want the troubles. ;)

Your variant looks much better than mine! If it wasn’t an ocean between us and the greedy assholes who are over-taxing everything that it is outside of EU, I would be one of your customers.

Goodkat, next time you want to bend aluminum, score the back side with a thin cut off grinding wheel, then clamp to table and fold it over with a mallet or take acetylene torch no oxygen and make it black with soot. Then add oxygen like your heating or cutting, gently run the torch over the aluminum until the soot dissipates, let air cool, now it’s annealed and ready for bending.

Goodkat, next time you want to bend aluminum, score the back side with a thin cut off grinding wheel, then clamp to table and fold it over with a mallet or take acetylene torch no oxygen and make it black with soot. Then add oxygen like your heating or cutting, gently run the torch over the aluminum until the soot dissipates, let air cool, now it’s annealed and ready for bending.

Hey there! Thanks for the advice! I am doing the “sharpie trick” when annealing aluminum since I don’t have acetylene torch. All I have is a cheap gas torch (one like the plumbers use).

I think that I need to buy some better clamps or a bigger vice…or I am going to build a sheet metal bending device 😂😂

Will those work on a 2022 v7 850 Special?

Back