• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Kat's V7 850 Special - Wannabe Racer

I said to myself that my Goose needs a bit more swag, therefore I found these and got them for a third of the catalog price, almost brand new.

Attachments

• IMG_1985.jpeg
    IMG_1985.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1983.jpeg
    IMG_1983.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1986.jpeg
    IMG_1986.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1987.jpeg
    IMG_1987.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Nice... maybe you can make a nice a picture from the side when you have time… I would like to see it..

Nice... maybe you can make a nice a picture from the side when you have time… I would like to see it..
As soon as I get it out from the garage, in the natural daylight.

Because this summer I want to travel a lot, I need a sturdy GPS mount.

Now…I don’t like the bulky GPS mounts that extend way over the bars. Also, you cannot install it on the center of the bars because of the single clamp system. Buying two separate clamps doesn’t fit my DIY creed, therefore I made myself an adapter for the Ram-Mount holder. Stainless steel, bolted to the handlebars bolts.

Flush enough for me, sturdy, easy to take the phone off, easy to bolt / unbolt the bracket / holder assembly.

Made it look a bit OEM.

IMG 2014

IMG 2018

As this subject stirred the hornets’ nest, I went to take another picture from my point of view as a rider.

This is how the instrument cluster is seen from the rider’s pov.

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hey there, friends! Hadn't posted for a while, was busy with the work and I am riding as often as I can, therefore, less time to post. But let me put a small update on this awesome piece of internet.

I'm not a fan of painted head covers, therefore I said to myself that something must be done about them.

I've bought a good quality stripper (hehe) got some wire brushes and took down the stubborn paint. Had a quick sanding session and some polishing paste later got them to a decent finish but not close to what I want them to be. Bought some more polishing supplies and compound so I can buff them to a mirror finish...but that when I'll have some time to spare.

WhatsApp Image 2023 07 02 at 221110 WhatsApp Image 2023 07 02 at 221110 1 WhatsApp Image 2023 07 02 at 221111 WhatsApp Image 2023 07 02 at 221111 1 WhatsApp Image 2023 07 02 at 221112 WhatsApp Image 2023 07 02 at 221113

It looks way better in my opinion.

FLASH NEWS - HELP / ADVICE / OPINION NEEDED

Because I had the head covers off and the 5000 km mark was met, I said to check the valves clearances. All were pretty close to the factory specs but I said to myself that I should set them them to get this off my mind.

I've tried to look for the TDC using a skewer and set the intake valves for 0.10mm and the exhaust valves for 0.15mm.

Now - the engine runs ok, pulls the same but there's a tapping like a sewing machine noise coming from the exhaust valve of the left cylinder (used a stethoscope to identify the area). This sound can be clearly distinguished therefore I don't find it as normal since before adjusting the valves it wasn't there.

I believe that there might be a slight chance that I might have set a bigger gap than 0.15mm either because I hadn't set the TDC correctly or the adjuster was rotated a tiny bit while tightening the nut.

Questions:

- Are the values of 0.10mm intake and 0.15mm exhaust the correct ones for the Guzzi V7 850 Euro 5 (European market model)? Should I go for different values?

- Any tips and tricks so I can find the TDC easier? I cannot understand why they didn't put a plug on the engine case and some marks on the flywheel. Any of you lads know what is the official way of finding the TDC on these engines?

Cheers,
Alex

Just get the rear wheel off the ground, put it in 6th gear and rotate the wheel forward. Use a big plastic straw. If you didn't hold the adjuster tight with pliers or a small wrench you could of messed up. Do it over.

Alex that bike looks proper with natural Aluminum heads plus the starter cover and mufflers! I was thinking about doing this plus removing the paint from the swing arm and final drive. Natural aluminum makes a bike look so old school!

Just get the rear wheel off the ground, put it in 6th gear and rotate the wheel forward. Use a big plastic straw. If you didn't hold the adjuster tight with pliers or a small wrench you could of messed up. Do it over.
Will try to re-adjust the left cylinder valves. Thanks!

Alex that bike looks proper with natural Aluminum heads plus the starter cover and mufflers! I was thinking about doing this plus removing the paint from the swing arm and final drive. Natural aluminum makes a bike look so old school!
Hey, Dave! Long time no talk, glad to “see” you. Indeed, the raw aluminum brings out the best of this bike. I also want to find some stainless steel head covers bolts, to complete the look. The plated ones are ugly af.

Alex, I think GTM's web site has SS head bolt kits.
Put mine on at the last maint.
I could only find the California set ?

Back