• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mandello V100 owner with MIA issue

The V100S comes with MIA, it should work since it has been paid for..... Hopefully Guzzi will update the app, I will send an email to Customer Service and see if I get a response.
I have a V100S and would like to use thw MIA as it worked great on my Tuono but I. Annot find anything in the manual about it.Any help appreciated.

Looks like doing a proper new bike delivery, is nonexistent anymore.

Every aspect of your motorcycle should have been gone over with you at the initial delivery.

Oh get over your bad self! Biting the hand attempting to feed you, is unwise and rude.

Sorry. Like the Rolling Stones said, “You Can’t Always Get What You Want…”

I don’t own a V100. I cannot guide you based upon personal experience on this. Another who has a V100 and the system will have to.

Did you try SEARCH before starting a new thread? It very well may have already been covered.

To comfort you though: *** I did check things out for you though. The APP guides you through the process, same as my 1400 Eldorado. The instruction are within the APP. The manuals too.

Did you download the app and follow the instructions? I will tell you that there are 2 APPS on the Apple Site, as well as a Piaggio app too, and one did not work on my Eldorado, while the other one worked perfectly from the get go. Might want to check this out too.

IMG 1509

IMG 1510

This is part of the guide on the app for my Eldorado…I am sure the same exists for the V100, it just requires reading…

IMG 1510 IMG 1511 IMG 1512 IMG 1513 IMG 1514 IMG 1515

User Manual from Moto Guzzi website:

I still stand on my statement that actual customer delivery is dead. I see it all the time.

Everybody is either A) in such a damn hurry they cut short the dealer trying to explain and demonstrate the motorcycle [used to happen to me all the time], or B) they don’t even bother, but simply just hand you the keys and whisk you out the door.

Nobody should ever take delivery of a new motorcycle that the selling dealer isn’t expected by the manufacturer, to go over the motorcycle in detail with the new owner. What a shame.

Last edited:
I have a V100S and would like to use thw MIA as it worked great on my Tuono but I. Annot find anything in the manual about it.Any help appreciated.
My dealer tried on two occasions to pair my iphone to no avail. The tech on delivery day, and the owner again on return trip to him. And, they did go over everything in detail. The owner however was able to pair his android phone so it has something to do with the pairing, or rather lack of, for iphones. He was going to email Guzzi USA but I have not heard back; I think I will check with him later this week......

Oh get over your bad self! Biting the hand attempting to feed you, is unwise and rude.

Sorry. Like the Rolling Stones said, “You Can’t Always Get What You Want…”

I don’t own a V100. I cannot guide you based upon personal experience on this. Another who has a V100 and the system will have to.

Did you try SEARCH before starting a new thread? It very well may have already been covered.

To comfort you though: *** I did check things out for you though. The APP guides you through the process, same as my 1400 Eldorado. The instruction are within the APP. The manuals too.

Did you download the app and follow the instructions? I will tell you that there are 2 APPS on the Apple Site, as well as a Piaggio app too, and one did not work on my Eldorado, while the other one worked perfectly from the get go. Might want to check this out too.

View attachment 30781

View attachment 30782

This is part of the guide on the app for my Eldorado…I am sure the same exists for the V100, it just requires reading…

View attachment 30782View attachment 30783View attachment 30784View attachment 30785View attachment 30786View attachment 30787

I still stand on my statement that actual customer delivery is dead. I see it all the time.

Everybody is either A) in such a damn hurry they cut short the dealer trying to explain and demonstrate the motorcycle [used to happen to me all the time], or B) they don’t even bother, but simply just hand you the keys and whisk you out the door.

Nobody should ever take delivery of a new motorcycle that the selling dealer isn’t expected by the manufacturer, to go over the motorcycle in detail with the new owner. What a shame.
I think, and I don't want to speak for the gentleman, bu believe what he was saying is basically your post had no value, If one cannot help, why bother posting?

Cheers, keep the shiny side up!

I think, and I don't want to speak for the gentleman, bu believe what he was saying is basically your post had no value, If one cannot help, why bother posting?

Cheers, keep the shiny side up!

If you seriously believe that the only “valid” post, has to meet your constrained and limited view, you really haven’t read much around here.

My first post was commentary. People do it here all the time. It’s human nature. Besides, it made a valid point; new motorcycle delivery is a total joke anymore. We have people here all the time asking questions which are covered in the Owner’s Manual, or should have been covered at the initial delivery. It’s truly deplorable on the part of “dealers”.

For many years, I delivered new BMW motorcycles to customers almost everyday. There was nothing on those motorcycles that I didn’t know, understand, and fully explained and demonstrated to the customers. Nothing. I was a walking encyclopedia of BMW motorcycle knowledge and it was my job to share that with my customers.

My second post, was filled with lighthearted reciprocal ribbing, suggestions, ideas, photos, information…

I gave him all the information I could muster.

How about you? Did you contribute an answer of help? Oh, no, you just posted commentary. Hmm. 🙄

Perhaps you might want to get over your bad self too. 😆

( *** I don’t believe an iPhone has anything to do with it. I have an iPhone and my system on my Eldorado, works perfect every time. I think it has first to do with having the right app and then following the in app instructions. )

Last edited:
If you seriously believe that the only “valid” post, has to meet your constrained and limited view, you really haven’t read much around here.

My first post was commentary. People do it here all the time. It’s human nature. Besides, it made a valid point; new motorcycle delivery is a total joke anymore. We have people here all the time asking questions which are covered in the Owner’s Manual, or should have been covered at the initial delivery. It’s truly deplorable on the part of “dealers”.

For many years, I delivered new BMW motorcycles to customers almost everyday. There was nothing on those motorcycles that I didn’t know, understand, and fully explained and demonstrated to the customers. Nothing. I was a walking encyclopedia of BMW motorcycle knowledge and it was my job to share that with my customers.

My second post, was filled with lighthearted reciprocal ribbing, suggestions, ideas, photos, information…

I gave him all the information I could muster.

How about you? Did you contribute an answer of help? Oh, no, you just posted commentary. Hmm. 🙄

Perhaps you might want to get over your bad self too. 😆

( *** I don’t believe an iPhone has anything to do with it. I have an iPhone and my system on my Eldorado, works perfect every time. I think it has first to do with having the right app and then following the in app instructions. )
Tell me what was helpful about:
"Looks like doing a proper new bike delivery, is nonexistent anymore. Every aspect of your motorcycle should have been gone over with you at the initial delivery". Not constructive or helpful, at all, but you want to make it so as soon as someone calls you on it, myself included.
Honestly, it seems you just troll troll this site and sometimes add some bitter, negative comments. Maybe you have no filter? I will not have a keyboard war here, but you always want spin this to be right, in your mind. Take a closer look at what you say, let it digest with an open mind, and see for yourself, because you are obviously in denial, and an angry person. Hell, you don't even own a V100, do you?
Good day

I never claimed that every post should be “helpful”. That’s your irrational hang up, not mine.

Nor did I claim that my first post was designed to be helpful. It was commentary. I know, the concept eludes you although you yourself use it.

I also said way back when, that I don’t own a V100. I do own just about every other modern Moto Guzzi engined motorcycle they made. I could have a V100 in 2 seconds flat if I so wished it but I happen to be waiting to see the new V100 Stelvio platform.

As for the rest of your intentionally spewed hatred at me…

You just got here and don’t know me from Adam. If you only knew how utterly stupid you sound.

I’ll leave it at that…

Oh, and feel free to click my name and select IGNORE. You’ll be doing me a favor.

I’m not angry at all but you’re obviously are in an agitated state and you should seek out help with dealing with that.

I am a very happy, helpful individual who has been here a very long time. A very quick look around this place and you would see that I have been hard at work, helping innumerable people here and elsewhere, and I have absolutely no use for toxic people like you.

All you’ve done since you got your V100 and arrived here, is complain. Your cup is always half-empty and Moto Guzzi is a company of incompetent idiots. So to this…

IMG 1546

Last edited:
I never claimed that every post should be “helpful”. That’s your irrational hang up, not mine.

Nor did I claim that my first post was designed to be helpful. It was commentary. I know, the concept eludes you although you yourself use it.

I also said way back when, that I don’t own a V100. I do own just about every other modern Moto Guzzi engined motorcycle they made. I could have a V100 in 2 seconds flat if I so wished it but I happen to be waiting to see the new V100 Stelvio platform.

As for the rest of your intentionally spewed hatred at me…

You just got here and don’t know me from Adam. If you only knew how utterly stupid you sound.

I’ll leave it at that…

Oh, and feel free to click my name and select IGNORE. You’ll be doing me a favor.

I’m not angry at all but you’re obviously are in an agitated state and you should seek out help with dealing with that.

I am a very happy, helpful individual who has been here a very long time. A very quick look around this place and you would see that I have been hard at work, helping innumerable people here and elsewhere, and I have absolutely no use for toxic people like you.

All you’ve done since you got your V100 and arrived here, is complain. Your cup is always half-empty and Moto Guzzi is a company of incompetent idiots. So to this…

View attachment 30794
You, are a legend, in your own mind, and clearly an angry person. I guess the other person is wrong also in his thoughts that you were unhelpful with your absolutely useless “commentary” Go back to your basement, take your meds.

You, are a legend, in your own mind, and clearly an angry person. I guess the other person is wrong also in his thoughts that you were unhelpful with your absolutely useless “commentary” Go back to your basement, take your meds.

Angry? Ha! Not in the slightest. I just don’t care for pricks like you! What a giant dick you are! You should change your username to John Holmes.

Why don’t you ask Chris, the gentleman new member from GuzziTech, whom I drove up to from Ohio to upper Michigan to fetch off the road, and then delivered him safely to his front door in Chicago the very next day just a few days ago. A journey of over 900 miles.

I’m sure you can convince him. Not.

Buddy, they day you even remotely contribute anything of value here, even somewhat close to what I have contributed, time will have ended.

I’ve written numerous how to guides, fetched people off the road, made repairs on the side of the road, cooked for Guzzisti, sent parts to them for free, repaired motorcycles for people who have travelled a thousand plus miles to get to me, hosted them in my home and workshop, spent hundreds of hours on the phone and FaceTime and Skype helping people here for free, and the list goes on and on. I love this marque and those who love it as well. I have stellar relationships with all of these Guzzisti.

You are the lone buttlick around here throwing shade at me. I’ll say it again; Get over your bad self!

You are an obnoxious individual. Do you always show up brand new at places and try to become a big shot and start insulting people you know nothing about and such? Bet that goes over like a lead weight in the sea…

You don’t intimidate nor affect me. You just look like a stupid ass.

Piece of advice, you do not have the heart, the soul or disposition to be a Guzzisti. Not at all.

Quick, go trade your poorly made V100 for a Honda. You’ll (and we’ll) be much happier!

Last edited:
Bet it was an iPhone and he simply followed the directions I gave him.
OK - So here goes, first it was an Android S23 ultra.

I tried at first to follow the owners manual but as you all probably know the was this topic is covered is not intuitive and often misleading as they introduce not essential and sometimes conflicting information.
The manual in the app is much better, and this got me at least connected but still had issues as they had you doing things in the app at same time as on the bike which you do not need to do.
In the end it's very straightforward.

1. Shutdown ALL BT connections on your phone, and erase any you might have tried to actuate on the bike and with your helmet - this is I belive the key to start fresh with nothing enabled to interfere.
2. Using the bike setup screens pair your phone first with the BT Router from the smartphone menu. You need to select the right mode key twice and then screen will change and you will see "pairing" at the bottom, and hopefully it will complete when you enter 0000 on your phone when prompted.
3. Shut of phone BT now just to be sage, nit sure if this is essential but did not want any BT iinterference.
4. Now you must pair at least 1 headset to the bike and it cannot be "buds" as these use different protocol.
Never pair the phone to your helmet headset.

Now you can turn your phone BT back on and it should connect to the bike automatically.

You can now use the app and download whatever maps you think you need America is about 5Gb.
Did I mention that I also deleted and re-installed the app and allowed all the permissions.

Hope it works as easily for you as it did for me, eventualy.
Cheers...Fred

The manual in the app is much better, and this got me at least connected

Somebody said that I think... You're welcome. :D

I'm very glad you got it to work. Thanks or coming back to post the follow up on how you got it to finally go.

Glad you have it paired!
I have an iphone 14 Pro and from everything I read on this site, and two other V100 specific forums, there are problems with iphone pairing with V100 MIA, and as far as I know I have not read of a successful iphone pairing with V100 MIA. As I posted earlier the service tech who presented my bike to me tried to no avail, then a week later the owner of my Guzzi dealership was able to pair his Android platform (Samsung I believe) to my V100's MIA. After unpairing his phone and clearing everything out of my MIA, deleting the Guzzi app and re-installing it, he could not get my iphone to pair, using the Guzzi app, and I have tried numerous times with no luck. I'm sure the iphone issue will get resolved, someday. It may have something to do with the latest IOS update, I may try calling Apple support to see what they say, and first I will try your method. Thanks for the info.

Cheers, keep the shiny side up

There are indeed iPhone users. I’ve chatted with ones online. I’ve even met one in person.

Example:

Also, the app itself, has notes from 9 months ago about iOS 16 compatibility patch.

IMG 1576

I myself, use an iPhone 14 Pro Max on the MIA on my Eldorado 1400. Works perfect every time.

It is possible.

I use iPhone with MIA and I also have Cardo Packtalk Edge.
There are no big issues. Though sometimes MIA doesn't connect with the app automatically I have to restart the app and press the connect button. Not a big thing since I don't need to record all my rides.
The biggest thing is probably the thing where MIA and iPhone and Cardo are not able to threesome together very well.
When I connect Cardo and MIA then I can not use Cardo app on the phone, but I'm able to control calls and music and stuff in MIA. When I connect iPhone and Cardo then I can not answer or start calls from the handle buttons (although I can see incoming calls and numbers and all that stuff). Sometimes changing music tracks actually work and sometimes not.

So right now I ride like this - MIA is connected to iPhone and iPhone is connected to Cardo.

Back