• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio 2012 NTX

Still waiting . . . I was told it was in Toronto on May 15. . . . . they could have walked it here by now!!!!

Still no definite ETA!

My girlfriend recently bought a Mini Cooper S. She was advised when:

1. it left the factory
2. when it arrived in Canada
3. when it arrived at the dealer.
4. when it was ready to be picked up.

It arrived 2 days early!

Why can't MG do that too!

If it's any consolation, I'm feeling your pain...literally. :cry:

I was really rooting for you in hopes that my bike would somehow be in North America also. Ugh...

I guess as North America represents the smallest market for Moto Guzzi, we get what we get when we get it. It's sad really, because I truly believe that with some attention to customer service in this area, Piaggo could easily expand it's market share here, especially with the outstanding new bikes they are offering.

Makes one wonder... :?:

Be patient lads, it's worth the wait. I ordered my new NTX last July, I didn't get it until early October :eek:
I laid it up over winter (mid december to march) so only about 2500mls at the moment. Off to the Alps in three weeks, so hopefully will have photos to post of 3 Stelvios at top of Stelvio pass.
Chin up old boy, it'll soon be here :)

You're right! I know. Especially when I look at what you other poor Guzzista's in other parts of the world have to pay for the exact same motorcycle compared to North America. When I checked the prices Down Under, I almost fainted! :eek:

Those guys must LOVE their Guzzis. A Stelvio NTX cost more than my 2012 Subary Legacy! OUCH!

Price, quality, time, pick any two...

I don't know if this will be of any help/consolation to anyone, but I have been on the phone with MG/Piaggio customer care over the past week (http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/contact-us.html) looking to get an answer as to when my warranty repair fork tubes will be in. The gentleman I have been speaking to was very nice and quite helpful, and told me that there is a by boat
classic-boat-open-rowing-boat-244793.jpg
shipment with my order coming in June 10th (to NY I assume). I don't know what this "shipment" contains (other than my fork tubes), but at least I was able to get some help/answers. Hopefully you will all have your bikes before that but if not...maybe around then?

So June 10th in NY...should be in British Columbia Canada by September. November if Customs wants me not to ride all summer.

fatal said:
Be patient lads, it's worth the wait. I ordered my new NTX last July, I didn't get it until early October :eek:

Wow - I really feel sorry for you guys in the USA. I ordered my new NTX on April 30. It was delivered to the dealer on May 10, and to me on May 12.

sanddweller said:
Wow - I really feel sorry for you guys in the USA. I ordered my new NTX on April 30. It was delivered to the dealer on May 10, and to me on May 12.

Oh that makes my day... :evil:

Even the Isle of Man gets better service than North America. Just who the hell came up with this insane customer service policy at Moto Guzzi? Hmm... :lol:

rmance said:
I would like to know where they were riding though. Looked like a fun ride!

Gold Hill Road, in the Los Padres National Forest. It's about 10 miles North of Santa Barbara, California. It's a fantastic place to ride and then go West over to Solvang, the Danish city, to stay in a great hotel and have a fantastic breakfast. I have many fond memories of riding in those mountains! :D If you have the chance, go! You won't regret it.

scottmastrocinque said:
rmance said:
I would like to know where they were riding though. Looked like a fun ride!

Gold Hill Road, in the Los Padres National Forest. It's about 10 miles North of Santa Barbara, California. It's a fantastic place to ride and then go West over to Solvang, the Danish city, to stay in a great hotel and have a fantastic breakfast. I have many fond memories of riding in those mountains! :D If you have the chance, go! You won't regret it.

FANTASTIC! And practically in my back yard. I knew it was California but that was about it. And to tie it in with Solvang ... what a great idea! Just sounds like an amazing time! Now I just have to pick a weekend.

Silly...

As for picking up the fallen bike. If any of them actually knew the proper technique to do it, it wouldn't be an issue. Here a dinky chick picks up a 800+ lb Harley. I used to teach this all the time in rider training school and I always got the smallest girl to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDR856eBy1c&feature=related

Now, let's see... The KTM, designed to be lightweight, weighs 500 lbs wet with 20l of gas and cloth luggage, the Ducati, also designed to be lightweight, weighs 450 lbs with 20l of gas and plastic luggage, and the Moto Guzzi, designed to be a heavy road bike, weighs 620 lbs with 32l of gas and aluminum luggage.

Give me a break. Talk about comparing apples to oranges!

No doubt, the Guzzi is the heaviest, but in reality, how many Stelvio owners are going to try and rip up and down dirt roads with their bike? Lower the pace to something sane, and I think all the bikes would perform just fine on the occasional dirt road.

I think most of us choose the Stelvio because of the upright riding posture, the smoothness of a heavier bike on the roadway for touring (that isn't a cruiser), and the phenomenal fuel and luggage capacities. Yes? I think so.

Try carrying anything on the KTM or Ducati in standard trim. No way. Get out your checkbook and get ready to seriously cry!

Most importantly, try coaxing your significant other to ride on the back of either the KTM or Ducati for a day. :eek: If they do, I guarantee your day won't finish with a "happy ending"! :twisted:

Lastly, European bikes are more expensive to maintain, but KTM is outrageous and Ducati, well, having been the owner of several Ducati road bikes over the years, I can assure you that the dealers should have a ski mask and a pistol pointed at you when collecting the service fees! It gives the term "Highway Robbery" a whole new meaning indeed.

Meanwhile, after having enjoyed a two-week, two up road trip, I will roll my Stelvio onto my lift in my garage, uncap a nice Peroni or Nastro Azzurro, light up a delicious Oliva V Double Toro, and enjoy the Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance while wrenching my Italian love, while only have given my dealer just enough cash for some lubricants and a filter. :p

Silly me...

Now, I ask...Piaggio, where the hell is my damn bike?!? :angry:

dont' worry, you american guys
don't%20worry,%20be%20happy.gif

in Europe Guzzi dates are not better - I ordered my bike last year at Austrian importer - and guess -they could not tell me when my bike will arrive. It was already ordered by them, but they had no clue when it will come to Austria.
And, Austrian importer in Vienna is about 800-900 km from Mandello :lol: .
They had black and whites available in Austria, but I wanted to wait for an orange one - lasted 5 weeks :eek: .

Well, mine is supposed to be in next week. Lets see what happens. :unsure:

ANyone know where to pick up a 2012 Service Manual. Can only see the ones for the 2011 and earlier on the forum. Are they just not available yet, or is the 2011 not that different.

Vale gaps opened up from 4 and six to six and eight on the 2012. Some bits redesigned and now usues 2O2 sensors and each cylinder is mapped individually but rge *Basics* remain the same as the previous models as far as servicing is concerned.

Pete

Back