• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stornello or V7 Racer?

Bill - I saw those pictures, wonderful place to ride! And an amazing house to store the Guzzi in!

And if I had bought a Stornello ... I think I would have to have it a year or two before I could take it out in dirt like that. :)

Picked up my Racer today! (added pics over in the VIN thread)

My first Moto Guzzi!

I'm thinking to create a "Ride Review" thread if that is an ok thing to do (will look around here a bit more, doesn't seem to be a lot of that).

Thanks for all the info/tips/hints!

Congrats, David!

What sort of content do you seek in a "ride review" thread?

I usually write up good rides (particularly with other folks) and other moto fun and post it to my euro-moto mailing list, and here too if it seems appropriate. Most of the conversation on this forum is more oriented to technical issues, however.

Once you're out and about with your Racer more regularly, and I am too, we'll have to get together for lunch or a cup since I know you're relatively local to me. :)

Bill - I saw those pictures, wonderful place to ride! And an amazing house to store the Guzzi in!

And if I had bought a Stornello ... I think I would have to have it a year or two before I could take it out in dirt like that. :)

Yeah, even I am a bit daunted about to get that off now that I have it on! :think:

Seriously, years ago, after realizing that excessive (and uncareful) washing led to corrosion of the ignition switch on my EV -- thus leading to a lengthy roadside conversation over the fence with a with a friendly cow in rural N.C., followed by an expen$ive tow, etc., I use "products," not water to clean my Guzzis.

Hmmmmmm. Not sure I can afford the Plexus (even the Pledge variety ;)) to get off that caked-on mud -- and it's all over; that pic was just the worst -- or that anything but some pressured and even warm H2O would do the job. Maybe I'll just let it sit out in the next warm rain ... which is happening right now. That ... or I'll just view it as its Brown Badge of Courage. ;)

As for storing it and the rest of the moto-harem, not in the main house.

See https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/the-garagemahalo-morphed-into-the-moto-grappa.18029/

Bill

Bill - awesome place! I'm tired just looking at the work you did on your Moto Grappa! Makes me a bit embarrassed ... I shoved a bicycle to the side, pushed the KTM 990 a bit forward, and rolled in the Racer. Poor thing has to sit on a concrete floor with spider webs all over the place. :)

And as for a write up ... I was thinking more like personal road tests or riding impressions type of thing, more of a bike review than a road trip review.

Like one guy might buy a Special and he came from the Harley world, he would write up his views based on his experience. Another person might buy a Special and come from a Japanese bike world, and would probably have different thoughts/opinions on his Special.

Certainly not "Guzzi Tech", more "Guzzi Experience". I think it would be fun to read that kind of stuff. And in Google searches it could drive more traffic to this site. Like "moto guzzi vs. harley". Or "moto guzzi as a first bike". Or "V7 III Racer review".

And looking back, "Guzzi Tech" probably shouldn't be the place for my silly tales of woe in finding a bike and my semi-self created drama. :)

Hmm.

I tend to incorporate such things into my ride reports and other et cetera. On euro-moto, I posted a whole, long series last year called "back onna bike" where I chronicled my return to motorcycling, the acquisition and work on the Ducati, my ultimate dismissal of same, and then purchase through break-in of Racer.

Personally, I almost never read product reviews on line. I find they never tell me much I don't know already unless I happen to know the author well enough to know that their opinions are credible or they write well enough that what their opinions are make sense in the context of who they are and what their expectations might be.

I think, now that I know about it, the Ride Reports forum is an ideal place to put such informal reviews. :)

Back