• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7-850 Mods Thread

Because bloody Winter, I'm spending more time staring at my bike than riding it and it has now become clear to me that the North American stock incandescent turn indicators on my V7 850 are, in a word, hideous. I really, really want to get the Euro OEM's from Todd

But (isn't there always one?), as with DOT in the US, the Province of Quebec has detailed specs on what is "legal", namely (i) indicators must be SAE approved, (i) must have a minimum surface area of 23 sq cm (3.5 sq in) and (iii) be placed at least 10 cm from head/brake light. I'm thinking these were put together in 1950 and haven't been updated since...

I've searched the boards, and there seem to be some options that tick one or more of the requirements, but I'd like to get up to date info, so:

- out of curiosity, anybody know what the surface area of the OEM LED turn indicator is?
- are the any options out there that meet all three requirements but that are both LED and less ugly?
- assuming the requirement are similar across Canada, have any of the Canadian members, hypothetically of course, installed the OEM LEDs (or others) and, if so, any problems with inspections/police?

Thanks for your help.

I guess this is harder in Canada because you guys have inspections every year I think? I don’t know about every states in the USA, but I’ve lived in a few, and none of them require motorcycle inspections.

We have DOT standard requirements here in the USA, but as long as you don’t try to put a pea sized light as your blinkers, no police officer or highway trooper, would give it a second thought.

Those of us with the Stelvio NTX, had to deal with the terrible “light in the mirror” signals that came stock into the USA. Almost without exception, everybody I know, just like me, immediately changed it back over to the European turn signals in the bodywork and replaced the mirrors with ones that didn’t shake like a wet dog.

Fortunately, no annual inspection in Quebec but I'll be passing my final road exam in the Spring, so whatever I decide to do, it will wait until after that.

I do see a number of bikes on the road here with LEDs (mostly tail tidy) and, like you, I'd like to think police won't bother just for that - provided the lights aren't "pinheads".

It's all about risk assessment and my need to get rid of the current ones...

I'll be passing my final road exam in the Spring, so whatever I decide to do, it will wait until after that.
Good call! They really don't like mods on bikes, at least in BC guaranteed... Whatever mods I had at the time, I had to revert my bike to original state every time I went for a test. But I'm special...🤪 LOL Swapping turn signals will be absolutely fine. A cop has to be an absolute a-hole to start looking for legality of standard looking turn signals. My V7 is modified to a point where some might question legality of some things but over 2 year span no cop ever bugged me. The way things work on the Island- if ya ain't gonna be acting up on the road, cops won't bug ya. I see some really sketchy vehicles that shouldn't be on the road, I bet you do as well, there's zero worries about replacing turn signals:) ...just don't forget to top up your blinker fluid..

Good call! They really don't like mods on bikes, at least in BC guaranteed... Whatever mods I had at the time, I had to revert my bike to original state every time I went for a test. But I'm special...🤪 LOL Swapping turn signals will be absolutely fine. A cop has to be an absolute a-hole to start looking for legality of standard looking turn signals. My V7 is modified to a point where some might question legality of some things but over 2 year span no cop ever bugged me. The way things work on the Island- if ya ain't gonna be acting up on the road, cops won't bug ya. I see some really sketchy vehicles that shouldn't be on the road, I bet you do as well, there's zero worries about replacing turn signals:) ...just don't forget to top up your blinker fluid..
Sounds about the same situation as here. I rode my Vespa 250 without a motorcycle license for 7 years. Got pulled over for a moment of enthusiasm and the cop was a bit surprised when I told him long I'd been riding it. He was very decent and, given that he was about my age (late fifties), didn't seem to consider me a menace to society - let me off with a warning and told me go get my license. I have him to thank for now being a Guzzisti!

So, Spring it is for the turn signals! And thanks for the reminder on the blinker fluid!

I switched to Euro taillight. The US version that came with the bike was hideous. I'm getting the Euro turn signals next.
Thanks for posting. I just got another complete kit in stock linked below.

Thanks for posting. I just got another complete kit in stock linked below.

*sigh* my shopping list just keeps getting longer and longer.

Has anyone cut down the Agostini Db killer for sound?
I bought a set of used Agos for my V7II that the previous owner (of the Agos) had modified by cutting off about 40% of the db killers' length. They sounded as expected, louder than with full-length killers but not as loud as with the killers removed. It was, in my opinion, a good mod.

I bought a set of used Agos for my V7II that the previous owner (of the Agos) had modified by cutting off about 40% of the db killers' length. They sounded as expected, louder than with full-length killers but not as loud as with the killers removed. It was, in my opinion, a good mod.
Cut mine down an inch, sounds better and I may go more. Upmap is next. Ps I hate the cir clips but modified the tabs for better clearance.

Yes, as mentioned direct email already, and his bike is in my shop, installed there. Thanks to him the polished set is available in the Store.
Thanks Todd, I didn't see them on the store and I like the stock black ones little better. Are they black?

Thanks Todd, I didn't see them on the store and I like the stock black ones little better. Are they black?
Stock is black. Most people go around me to order, but happy to add them to the GTM Store if you want to purchase(?).

Stock is black. Most people go around me to order, but happy to add them to the GTM Store if you want to purchase(?).
I hear ya on some OEM parts due to in stock, slow to ship and shipping but as for tuning and performance mods you're the go to. 😎

Back