• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V85TT Registry and pic thread

Chris, Thanks. We have very few palm trees in my part of Texas. I felt compelled to record the Travel by trees I seldom see when not travelling.

ZGUKWA000KM001395 Purchased in Auckland NZ on Nov 11 2020. My wife and I love the bike but am a bit peeved at dealer for being unable to conduct first service before 19th Jan 21. Ten weeks after purchase! I could be 5,000 ks by then, which would certainly affect any mechanical warranty issues I have in that time. Fortunately I have other bikes so slow and steady she goes. 1000ks now, cant wait to ditch the cat. My loose bit was the nylock nut on the gear lever.
I took to the gravel in off road mode on my delivery home Journey. Loved it! I can see many happy days ahead!
Kel

IMG 20201127 221722 762

ZGUKWA000KM001395 Purchased in Auckland NZ on Nov 11 2020. My wife and I love the bike but am a bit peeved at dealer for being unable to conduct first service before 19th Jan 21. Ten weeks after purchase! I could be 5,000 ks by then, which would certainly affect any mechanical warranty issues I have in that time. Fortunately I have other bikes so slow and steady she goes. 1000ks now, cant wait to ditch the cat. My loose bit was the nylock nut on the gear lever.
I took to the gravel in off road mode on my delivery home Journey. Loved it! I can see many happy days ahead!
Kel

View attachment 21197

Hi Kel, great to see another one on the road in NZ! That's a bit off from the dealer - the first service isn't a big one so shouldn't take long. Hopefully they have the new bikes as a priority? Bring on the summer!

Hello All!
New to both this forum and Guzzi’s. Pulled the trigger on a new V85TT in red / white. Equipped with touring screen, center stand, and engine guards. Busy installing some bits and pieces while I await my registration. Haven’t even ridden it yet!

F2262CD5 E07B 4B8C B28D C59D8BC82F83 5671C248 26A7 452E A0FA AA5208777D6E

Hi Bob, congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. I combined your post with the Registry and pic thread here. I hope you'll add your VIN# and related for the first post here.

Otherwise, it looks like you're well equipped with hand tools to be a good Guzzi owner. ;)
The V85TT is a wonderful machine for the NE USA (outside of the Mass Pike perhaps)... otherwise I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Be sure to check out the loose bits thread here on your bike. It'll save you some headaches.

Hi Bob, congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. I combined your post with the Registry and pic thread here. I hope you'll add your VIN# and related for the first post here.

Otherwise, it looks like you're well equipped with hand tools to be a good Guzzi owner. ;)
The V85TT is a wonderful machine for the NE USA (outside of the Mass Pike perhaps)... otherwise I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Be sure to check out the loose bits thread here on your bike. It'll save you some headaches.

Thank you!
I’ve been itching for a Guzzi for some years now since I took a stelvio out for a spin. When I saw the V85TT debut, it was only a matter of time. I hope she’ll be as reliable as my prior rides have been.
VIN # ZGUKWU000LM000444

Thank you!
I’ve been itching for a Guzzi for some years now since I took a stelvio out for a spin. When I saw the V85TT debut, it was only a matter of time. I hope she’ll be as reliable as my prior rides have been.
VIN # ZGUKWU000LM000444
Welcome, and the Stelvio is my personal ride and one of the best production Guzzis to date IMO.
Thanks for posting the VIN. Care to add a city?
Guzzis are pretty stone-ax reliable provided they are well cared for and you keep an eye here on the Forum for any problematic issues. So far, there has been warranty recalls for the final drive seal, rear brake pump master and foot-peg retaining clips on some models. You should have a dealer run the VIN# for you.

Im
Welcome, and the Stelvio is my personal ride and one of the best production Guzzis to date IMO.
Thanks for posting the VIN. Care to add a city?
Guzzis are pretty stone-ax reliable provided they are well cared for and you keep an eye here on the Forum for any problematic issues. So far, there has been warranty recalls for the final drive seal, rear brake pump master and foot-peg retaining clips on some models. You should have a dealer run the VIN# for you.
I’m from the town where they hold one of the largest flea-markets in the world....Brimfield, Ma. Love it out here even though it’d be REALLY nice to ride right now. Talk about anxious....!

VIN ZGUKWU005LM005000603
Houston Metro. No mods yet going in for 900 mile service next weekend. Probably get heated grips then. Limited saddle time due to too much work but enjoying so far!
Thanks for posting, and welcome to the GT fold. Hope to see you posting often.

VIN: ZGUKWU007LM000599

I purchased my bike in August and have about 6k miles on the clock. Only alteration was to remove the cat converter and to have a heel shift fabricated. I lost my left leg below the knee in 1976 and since the U.S. mandated left side shift in 75 I've had to come up with workarounds unless I was riding pre-75 Triumphs or my very missed 74 Ducati GT. I actually test rode the V85TT by drilling a hole in a running shoe and gluing a small length of tubular steel into the heel. That allowed me to do upshifts by hooking the rod under the shift lever and pulling up. I thought I was "maybe" going to buy and Africa Twin with DCT and test rode two of them. I tried to like it but the soul just wasn't there. Within the first mile of riding the V85TT I knew this was the bike. I bought it without even having a shifting solution as I trusted AF1 Racing's assurances that they could fabricate one for me. 2076D85B 77B9 4260 B1C2 44F5D7D5DDCA

I purchased my bike in August and have about 6k miles on the clock. Only alteration was to remove the cat converter and to have a heel shift fabricated. I lost my left leg below the knee in 1976 and since the U.S. mandated left side shift in 75 I've had to come up with workaround
Well congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia! I always admire those who ride around debilitating injuries... kudos to you. I would do the same. I'm sure you'll love it even more once you pile some miles on. They don't settle in until ~10k miles. My good friend Robert lives up in Georgetown and has the "McDonald's" colored version. You should get to know him... interesting guy deep in the moto industry. Ping me direct email and I'll connect you if interested; Info @GuzziTech.com
Otherwise, enjoy and hope to see you posting often! Curious if your bike had the recalls done on the final drive, rear brake master and foot-peg pin clips?

VIN: ZGUKWU007LM000599

I purchased my bike in August and have about 6k miles on the clock. Only alteration was to remove the cat converter and to have a heel shift fabricated. I lost my left leg below the knee in 1976 and since the U.S. mandated left side shift in 75 I've had to come up with workarounds unless I was riding pre-75 Triumphs or my very missed 74 Ducati GT. I actually test rode the V85TT by drilling a hole in a running shoe and gluing a small length of tubular steel into the heel. That allowed me to do upshifts by hooking the rod under the shift lever and pulling up. I thought I was "maybe" going to buy and Africa Twin with DCT and test rode two of them. I tried to like it but the soul just wasn't there. Within the first mile of riding the V85TT I knew this was the bike. I bought it without even having a shifting solution as I trusted AF1 Racing's assurances that they could fabricate one for me. View attachment 21404
Adapt and overcome, nice one. How do you find the gear changes with the heel shift? Mine is quite a clunky box, although only has 750 miles on it so far.

Adapt and overcome, nice one. How do you find the gear changes with the heel shift? Mine is quite a clunky box, although only has 750 miles on it so far.
It works like a charm. I bought a BMW R90/6 in 1976, had a toe/heel shift fabricated and kept it for 19 years. The Guzzi is smoother. BMW riders use to say the bike is not broken in for 5k miles. It wouldn't surprise me that it takes about that amount of miles for many bike's mechanicals to bed in. I bet yours gets smoother.

Folk have said so, it isn't my only MG, I have a V7 too, but the gear change on that is very different as has a different clutch.... but it did get nicer with every mile! :)

Just downsized from a 2 valve Norge to 850 tt and love it. When the road ends the fun begins rocks and roads adventure. The v85 handles the B roads I love to ride in beautiful Sonoma County and Northern Ca. I caint wait to take it on a proper adventure. Until then you can find me beating the roads less traveled. Ride safe Ride free Ride Guzzi

A6E35106 6EB3 4CCF AB5D AF7359B99473 EF7C397D 13FC 41A6 9CE2 832D275BBE0D 41A71FCE 627A 418F A3D6 F2003F415A80

Back