• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2022 V7 LeMans 850i - building it -

LM1 sold in the US got the sealed beam headlight which caused the to stick out ridiculously..
Some people move the fairing forward.... then the cut out for the fork tubes was not correct anymore..
In Europe the headlight stuck out about 12mm 232BC9A5 DD83 4D52 A2A7 FF55E979E292 3E60C04C 82C1 4576 BBCB 31FF1C004B0B

Amazing work! When I first visites the MG dealership, I noticed that the V7 and V85 engines look the same, but the covers from the V85 are more sexy. I was asking myself if they are bolt on, and they seem to be as you demonstrated. I have the same blue Special (2022). Can you please tell me what years of the V85 covers are fitting on the V7 850, if you don’t mind?

Amazing work! When I first visites the MG dealership, I noticed that the V7 and V85 engines look the same, but the covers from the V85 are more sexy. I was asking myself if they are bolt on, and they seem to be as you demonstrated. I have the same blue Special (2022). Can you please tell me what years of the V85 covers are fitting on the V7 850, if you don’t mind?
they seem to be the same 2019 to 2022 .. maybe 23! Left and right are different.. center pieces sold separately...

The start of the new headlight mounting bracket... evolved to a 8mm stud in the very forward holding LM1 fairing bracket, 12mm behind the countersunk 8mm bolt holding the headlight 672E3C90 147D 46F1 99AB 8B0380E0D727 DC77383B 9CA5 4FAE 92DB A4A54262370B 0A2CF1C2 8F2D 4EEF 9D0E F73DE609A4A1

Headlight got moved forward AFTER this pic...
Note the original cutouts on the bottom
LM1 triple tree has the shape of a boomerang while the V7 has only little offset between fork tubes and steering stem and the fork is considerably wider
60C36EB7 A187 4035 8465 1A1C7A22799F B893627A 8B69 4FB6 98CD 91BE3E417A57

Last edited:
Closing holes...
Sanded down the gelcoat1/2 around.. cut the glass one the shape, made 2 pieces that fit inside the hole and 2 pieces overlapping the inside
Found plastic part that had the right curvature and used it as a mold for the outside.
Put together with just the right amount of resin...
Very minor fill and sand required...

DBB638F5 AE70 4BA7 9127 3451148271E3 D144AB3A 4BC2 4802 8E55 6944A8E324CE 4851A142 890B 4F0B 8A92 009A28A48381

Well, you are looking at 1 month work per page... 3 pages ~ 3 months... and the bike being at Toddy’s.... Chris is absolutely a great!!! He did also the R&R of the polished parts...
Sleep 5 hours per 24...
LOL 🥴

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a question looking at your progress- do you ever sleep? lol
You are yourself an animal...
All the pretty forged carbon you do...tip of the hat 🎩 👌
And your crazy center stand...
I would loose a toe every time I would use it... ditto for your kickstand...
Your “Belly pan” probably fit on the captain Kirks Enterprise as Warp-intake...
Crazy is good! 🤡

Last edited:
Well, now are you up-to-date..
Obviously still a lot of things to make and to figure out...
I’ll post as progress happens...
Questions or comments… Let it rip
View attachment 29129View attachment 29131View attachment 29132
I can’t get enough of your build!!! One can dream for a bike like that!

By the way, the plastic cover of the starter motor doesn’t have the purpose of protecting the starter of water? I would remove mine in a second If I would know that no issues can be caused by a rain if it catches me on the road.

Thank you very much for the compliment! I absolutely love this project... put my heart in it ...

My Cali 3 doesn’t have it and it see’s rain and snow, took it off my Griso 1100.. and back then none of the Guzzi’s I drove had it... I did not experience anything negative... I do wipe all my bikes down with WD 40... not the gas tank, side covers, fenders.. but everything else.. no corrosion anywhere.. or electrical problems
Let’s see if there are other opinions..

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the compliment! I absolutely love this project... put my heart in it ...

My Cali 3 doesn’t have it and it see’s rain and snow, took it off my Griso 1100.. and back then none of the Guzzi’s I drove had it... I did not experience anything negative... I do wipe all my bikes down with WD 40... not the gas tank, side covers, fenders.. but everything else.. no corrosion anywhere.. or electrical problems
Let’s see if there are other opinions..

I tip my hat to you, sir! I only wish my skills were up there to get such a nice build! I was considering polishing the entire engine but that means way too much work...Therefore I will limit only on brushing the heads and maybe the stator cover.

By the way...what are you going to do with the injector covers? I hate the plastic ones and Piaggio discontinued the aluminum covers that were compatible between v7 III and V7 850...but they still make the covers for V7 I and II...I really cannot understand the logic...

Did you move the seat back to accommodate the new tank section of the seat?

I was in two minds when I replaced my starter cover whether to go black or polished. Wish I'd gone polished now. Easily sorted though.

Did you move the seat back to accommodate the new tank section of the seat?

I was in two minds when I replaced my starter cover whether to go black or polished. Wish I'd gone polished now. Easily sorted though.

Do you have some detailed pictures of the cover bracketry? I want to make my own version. I had a look at BAAK's one and for the V7 850 they bolt in only on top and bottom bolts, excluding the front ones. Any guess on the thickness of the aluminum sheet they used when creating the cover?

Do you have some detailed pictures of the cover bracketry? I want to make my own version. I had a look at BAAK's one and for the V7 850 they bolt in only on top and bottom bolts, excluding the front ones. Any guess on the thickness of the aluminum sheet they used when creating the cover?
I just had the cover off and have partially removed the black coating. Best applied powder coat ever!!
The aluminium is approx 3mm thick.
Yes x2 front locations only. The top has a spacer of about 5~6mm thick. Both just screw into existing fasteners.

I just had the cover off and have partially removed the black coating. Best applied powder coat ever!!
The aluminium is approx 3mm thick.
Yes x2 front locations only. The top has a spacer of about 5~6mm thick. Both just screw into existing fasteners.

Thank you, sir!

I tip my hat to you, sir! I only wish my skills were up there to get such a nice build! I was considering polishing the entire engine but that means way too much work...Therefore I will limit only on brushing the heads and maybe the stator cover.

By the way...what are you going to do with the injector covers? I hate the plastic ones and Piaggio discontinued the aluminum covers that were compatible between v7 III and V7 850...but they still make the covers for V7 I and II...I really cannot understand the logic...
The intake covers will not be put back... I have a plan... surprise surprise

Back