• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2023 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone Special Edition

I adjusted mine before the first service anyway. Particularly on the Special, which has an entire instrument with an easily visible analogue display devoted solely to showing the rider what rpm the engine is doing, I can’t see the point of a warning light. I just kept within the recommended revs, varying the load. I can’t comment on the fuelling of the later models, but my early 2021 had poor fuelling from the factory. I remapped using UpMap as soon as I could, especially having fitted short Mistrals, with removable baffles. As others have found, the remap definitely gives more punch in the lower part of the rev band - the upper half was usually ok anyway. I gather the second factory map update (ie third OEM map) in 2022 sorted the glitches. Whether or not an independent reflash is still needed on a standard bike I don’t know. I do wonder if the first OEM map was just to get bike through the emissions tests, or was it ineptitude, who knows….

anders, have a look at the store link above. There are many options for your exhaust.

I have looked Mistral and Agostini silencers many times and almost bought :D But I really like the looks of the "stock" Arrows and paid extra because of them so I think I`ll try to mod them first. Propably drilling the catalytic converter away would increase sound to "nice level".

There is no “running in mode”. The flashing rev indicator is user programmable and only displays a warning. It does not affect the actual rev limit or the way the engine runs.

This one doesn`t rev above 4500rpm ? Maybe it is country related thing.

I adjusted mine before the first service anyway. Particularly on the Special, which has an entire instrument with an easily visible analogue display devoted solely to showing the rider what rpm the engine is doing, I can’t see the point of a warning light. I just kept within the recommended revs, varying the load. I can’t comment on the fuelling of the later models, but my early 2021 had poor fuelling from the factory. I remapped using UpMap as soon as I could, especially having fitted short Mistrals, with removable baffles. As others have found, the remap definitely gives more punch in the lower part of the rev band - the upper half was usually ok anyway. I gather the second factory map update (ie third OEM map) in 2022 sorted the glitches. Whether or not an independent reflash is still needed on a standard bike I don’t know. I do wonder if the first OEM map was just to get bike through the emissions tests, or was it ineptitude, who knows….

Seller said that anything else can be modified but touching the ecu/fuel mapping would end the warranty so propably I will ride stock two years...or then not :D I have to check out what is that "UpMap" thing. Your 2021 was 850 too ? I really like the fuelling other than that cap in 3000-4000rpm. Two questions;

1. Does changing silencers to Mistrals or modding the Arrows (cat-off and db-killers off) require remapping ? I don`t want to run too lean. I would assume that stock engine could adjust fueling little bit but I`m not mechanician. Of course I will remap sooner or later, but I rather would do it later when warranty has ended.

2. Is there anything like "half tail tidy/fender eliminator" ? Stock rear light & blinkers are very ugly (look like something from aliexpress) but I wouldn`t like to loose rear fender fully. Something shorter would be nice because compromise I have to ride in the rain too.

Please don't mess with that exhaust. All you will do is wreck it and hate yourself. Either buy a full system 9very expensive) or learn to appreciate what you have.
If won't rev over that you either have a defective ECU or possibly that is how some are set up for the license restrictions over there. Either way call the closest dealer and ask. It will need to be fixed by them.

Please don't mess with that exhaust. All you will do is wreck it and hate yourself. Either buy a full system 9very expensive) or learn to appreciate what you have.
If won't rev over that you either have a defective ECU or possibly that is how some are set up for the license restrictions over there. Either way call the closest dealer and ask. It will need to be fixed by them.

Why ? It`s just exhaust system and probably pretty easy to drill off the cats. In the worst case it needs angle grinder to make "doors" to get the cats out.

They will remove the 4500rpm limit in the first service in here. So I`m not worried about that. They told me that when I bought the bike.

1. Does changing silencers to Mistrals or modding the Arrows (cat-off and db-killers off) require remapping ? I don`t want to run too lean. I would assume that stock engine could adjust fueling little bit but I`m not mechanician. Of course I will remap sooner or later, but I rather would do it later when warranty has ended.

2. Is there anything like "half tail tidy/fender eliminator" ? Stock rear light & blinkers are very ugly (look like something from aliexpress) but I wouldn`t like to loose rear fender fully. Something shorter would be nice because compromise I have to ride in the rain too.
You MUST search and read. Your (incorrect) assumptions on fueling have been well covered here. Click on the STORE tab above and sort by model for all products that we offer. I also recommend reading the paragraphs at the top of the page. We have simple requests and what we offer and request to those using this site.

Hey, it's your bike, but it will sound like crap!

So you already done it ?

You MUST search and read. Your (incorrect) assumptions on fueling have been well covered here. Click on the STORE tab above and sort by model for all products that we offer. I also recommend reading the paragraphs at the top of the page. We have simple requests and what we offer and request to those using this site.

I have searched and read but it`s like 50-50 situation for fueling with slip-ons. I have changed exhaust for all the bikes I have owned but this is the first bike that makes me feel that I really should...mostly because of this forum.

I have searched and read but it`s like 50-50 situation for fueling with slip-ons.
Sorry, you've read nothing. See the link HERE for more info, and the link below... be sure to read the Reviews there.

Yes on many other bikes when I was broke, cheap and dumb.

Probably you just did it wrong. I have removed cats/db-killers from many bikes without any issues. Ducati SF 848/1098, Ducati Hypermotard 1100, Yamaha MT-07, Yamaha R1 etc. I really don`t get it why V7 would be different but maybe I`ll get it later 🤷‍♂️ Ducatis are (mostly) also very easy to recore. Of course they all were remapped.

Upmap looks pretty nice but here in Finland they make Moto Guzzi custom maps in "bench" with 300€.

Last edited:
Just learned the hard way about V7 850 Stone/Special and "Special Edition" differences. Because of the Arrow exhaust the "Special Edition" also has different passenger foot pegs so things that attach to exhaust mounting point won`t fit (like H&B C-bow) :( So it is same thing with slip-on exhausts. On the positive side; I learned this before buying exhaust. Now I only have wrong C-Bow mounting kit :)

So exhaust options for "Special Edition" are pretty low ? Mistral seems to mention "N.B. For the installation of the exhausts, in case of possession of the Special Edition version, it is necessary to purchase the relative specific brackets" but doesn`t seem to offer those brackets.

There is a C-Bow kit for the Special Edition.

I see it now :D I`m not sure was I really so blind or wasn`t it available in the november when I ordered. Will see how hard it is to buy. Can`t buy straight from H&B because we have "local dealer" in Finland but it`s not available via their website yet.

But this really changes things and now I wish I would have regular Stone.

I see it now :D I`m not sure was I really so blind or wasn`t it available in the november when I ordered. Will see how hard it is to buy. Can`t buy straight from H&B because we have "local dealer" in Finland but it`s not available via their website yet.

But this really changes things and now I wish I would have regular Stone.
I don’t like the matte paint so much. The Special Edition is a beauty. Sometimes we put up with the faults….

I`m reconsidering my choices so what other options there is for "Special Edition" than H&B C-bow ? Unit Garage offers soft bags, Franco Cuoio makes leather side cases, Givi doesn`t offer anything for Special Edition.
Considering rear rack too so it would be nice to be compatible with them but not necessary.

Last edited:
Anders, have you looked into changing the brackets for the rear footpeg and exhaust to a non-special edition Stone? Perhaps that will allow you to use your C bow kit and choose a different exhaust.

Thought about that too because it would solve two problems at once, but "regular footpegs" are pretty rare. Just found out the ones in the photos. No mention about model but for me they look like Stone/Special passenger footpegs ?
Another problem is where I get the money to buy aftermarket exhaust in couple months :D My plan was to tour with stock bike next season and start modification in winter 2024-2025.

I really like the look of the Arrow exhaust, but drilling the db-killers off is pretty hc-solution and if I ever need to put em back it needs welding (which I cannot do). Also some countries have pretty strict dB regulations which can be problem when touring. That`s why I have thought about Agostini/Mistral exhaust. Their dB-killers can be taken off and put back easily when needed. Yesterday I spent time thinking how I could modificate Arrows so that dB-killers could be attached with bolt...no solution so far :D

EDIT: Deleted the link and added the photos. It`s hard to get used to these policies but sooner or later :)

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 6
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Anders, let us know what you do with the luggage issue. I've run Givi Monokeys on two bikes and love them, but the Bingly Wheeler posted several You Tube vids on how the different exhaust mounts on the SE prevent the Givi V7 rack from fitting. I think a shim could have been used to make them work, but he also said the upswept Arrows would prevent the bags from fitting. I've got some soft bags that do the job, but greatly prefer hard cases.

Back