• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

All my life I have waited for you…❤️

I am self-conscious of my size on this motorcycle too.

I'm losing weight but slowly.

Honestly, I feel like an orange sitting on top of a grape!

I hate that.
Even on my BSA Firebird Scrambler, which although a 650 is a slim-hipped bike, I would get "circus bear" comments from my good buddies at work. And I came close to crying when Fay and I rode up to Pennsylvania to pick up John Wells' SP-3 and we realized that we would not fit on it.
So you dreamed, you tried it, you learned the reality....On to the next one!

Lannis

Well nothing has changed yet. I still own and possess the Falcone Sport, so we shall see how this plays out.

Now if only my parts for my Mille GT would arrive from Europe. 😁

I often wonder what will happen to the old cars and bikes after the « Millionaire owners « leave this world ?
They can’t All go to museums, most Kids today don’t know these even exist and don’t have the money to acquire any of them..
So what’s going to happen to them ?
will they end up rotting away in some forgotten warehouse ?

Way off topic here, but short answer is yes… only for them to be “rediscovered” 50 years from now. There is a 10k SF shop, not far from mine, that is full of many (high $) exotic cars, trucks and bikes. The owner passed away some time ago, and the Family is still fighting over things many years later. Most all of the vehicles are now sitting on their rims, and most all fluids have expelled onto the floor. Very sad to see.

Way off topic here, but short answer is yes… only for them to be “rediscovered” 50 years from now. There is a 10k SF shop, not far from mine, that is full of many (high $) exotic cars, trucks and bikes. The owner passed away some time ago, and the Family is still fighting over things many years later. Most all of the vehicles are now sitting on their rims, and most all fluids have expelled onto the floor. Very sad to see.
No kidding.

Here right in my backyard is Brimms Imports.

Tom Brimm is a nice man but not always fastidiously attentive to the thousand motorcycles in his custody. Granted everything is for sale but Tom is very old. I fully expect him to die not so far down the road and thereby leave all his cars and motorcycles in limbo.

These photos show what I am talking about.

For years, there has been a 1938 Brough Superior SS80 on the floor of his main building. Every time I go there, to my shock and horror, there are Shipping boxes pushed up against it or stuff laying across the bike!

IMG 7870

He has the absolute lowest mileage 1993 Daytona I have ever seen (11 miles) but has kept it next to a wall that has moisture intrusion, and the metal on the Daytona has corrosion and scale forming on it. It's criminal to me.

IMG 7960
IMG 7959
IMG 7961

I wish I could afford to buy it all away from him. I would clean, restore, and sell it all.

I often wonder what will happen to the old cars and bikes after the « Millionaire owners « leave this world ?
They can’t All go to museums, most Kids today don’t know these even exist and don’t have the money to acquire any of them..
So what’s going to happen to them ?
When the family fights over the deceased's money and possessions, the lawyers get the money and the possessions rust and rot into worthlessness.

If the estate is well managed, and the family is rational, the possessions will go to Woods or Sotheby's for an estate sale. The family will get lots of money to remember Grandpa by, and the bikes will again circulate amidst the world rather than rot in a warehouse.....

Lannis

Sorry for the thread hijack :p

Your friend Tom is a fine example of a guy who probably accumulated those bikes over a lifetime, and paid nowhere near what they are worth today ! But is he enjoying them …
So they are wasting away, rather living a fulfilled motorcycles life :inlove:

Today, they keep changing hands from collector to collector, the prices climbing ever higher, out of the reach of someone who like Scott, would care for, but enjoy them by riding them !

In the future, like 50 years, it won’t be enthusiasts that buy them for the love of what they were and enjoy them, but investors who see a way to make a buck.
They probably wouldn’t dare use them as intended for fear it might affect their investment !

Sorry , No, Scott, i didn’t think you were the millionaire, and as you’ve said you ride and enjoy them all.
I think in your case there may come a time, where you’ll sell, but maybe only to someone who you think sees what you saw in it , and hopefully will take proper care of it.

Last edited:
Back