• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Coolant Leak

When I get home next week I'll check on what kind of securing system is in place on the hoses. If I'm not happy I'll replace with Jubilee clip type fitting. Should be straightforward enough.

Looks like I got a small version of the clamp leak. Am going to clean this up, dust the area with talc to see if I can pinpoint the source.
Suspect the clamp at water pump inlet. Did add a bit of coolant. Hint: to check level, get a small light in there, rock the bike a bit and watch for level sloshing in the tank.

Asking to verify: the small black hose running across the middle of the pic, that is drain line for water pump oil/water seals, yes?
Mine is bone dry, so no seal leak.

GmaninAZ, thanks for the writeup on this!

20240505_073739.jpg

Hi , mines going in next Thursday for coolant leak.
Radiator is full 👍
Expansion tank empty ☹️
Topped it up with 350mil l
Ran for 15 minutes ….expansion Tank still at correct level.
Could smell coolant.
Looked deeper in and saw this ☹️
Anyone with same issue could point me in direction for which pipe is leaking.
Thanks
Dave IMG_1399.jpeg

Hi. Today, during my tour, coolant started to leak from my motorcycle. I took it to the service. The technician noticed that the radiator fan was not working due to a relay failure. As a result, the coolant overflowed due to the increased temperature. This situation occurred in heavy traffic. it was a bad day 😔
View attachment 35911

Crap! Reading through the forums I've only seen re hoses and clamps. First time about this.
Can one of the experts tell me if the risk is higher here in AZ, for electic things? I understand the rubber will suffer.
Is there any benefit in replacing relays, etc. as a preventive measure?
How many miles does your bike have nimentos?

Stay Out of Town

Crap! Reading through the forums I've only seen re hoses and clamps. First time about this.
Can one of the experts tell me if the risk is higher here in AZ, for electic things? I understand the rubber will suffer.

Stay Out of Town
My dealer in the UK changed all the dodgy hose clamps for conventional jubilee clips. I've done close to 3000 miles without any issues whatsoever and have to say this is my favourite bike (V100S) so far.

My dealer in the UK changed all the dodgy hose clamps for conventional jubilee clips. I've done close to 3000 miles without any issues whatsoever and have to say this is my favourite bike (V100S) so far.
Hi was this carried out at Frasers, Gloucester?
Dave on the broken red one ☹️

Stay Out of Town
3100 miles

As I commented on another post - pride cometh before a fall. At just on 3000 miles after a very spirited ride I got home, let the bike cool down and then gave it a thorough clean. During which I noticed the dreaded pink liquid running down the left side of the engine. It would seem that Frasers were not being entirely truthful! Closer exam today showed the leak appears to be from the hose above the water pump but it may be the water pump gasket which is leaking. Either way I'm not happy, especially as I was planning on going north for a week. @*%@*!!!

As I commented on another post - pride cometh before a fall. At just on 3000 miles after a very spirited ride I got home, let the bike cool down and then gave it a thorough clean. During which I noticed the dreaded pink liquid running down the left side of the engine. It would seem that Frasers were not being entirely truthful! Closer exam today showed the leak appears to be from the hose above the water pump but it may be the water pump gasket which is leaking. Either way I'm not happy, especially as I was planning on going north for a week. @*%@*!!!
Bugger, took bike in to Frasers today. They say they replace all clips with jubilee clips at PDI now .
I told them about you on forum having the same problem.
I’m off to Budapest next month , hopefully all goes well 🙏🤞🤞
Dave on the red one hopefully 🤣🤣

Happy Hector 😁👍
Frasers of Gloucester found why I had a coolant leak after 2300 miles ……… factory hadn’t tightened up clip. It was loose on the hose 🤬 shit happens 😳😳but what a lot of hassle to sort it out.
Luckily I only live 40 minutes away. Though my good wife did have other plans to drive me there 😱
Quality control and build steps come to mind.
Fingers crossed for 3000 mile European tour next month 😁😁
Dave on the red and best 😁😁 IMG_1462.jpeg

Now Frasers got mine back to me and my coolant was fine. Unfortunately there's another issue which will be covered under warranty but according to Piaggio / Moto Guzzi will be okay to be left as is for a while until a mutually acceptable time to have the job done. They were a bit vague as to what it was other than its not the first time MG have had this and it involves an oil mist. So if it blows up on me I'll know why.

Hello guys, Im based in Madrid, Spain.
Just got my Guzzi V100 Mandello. Very happy so far.

I upgraded main hose clamp, to avoid any coolant leak, wondering how are you doing guys with this issue?
Is the affected clamp the one in red, or there are other clamps affected???

Has someone tracked a procedure for permanent/preventive solution?
I don't want to have that problem in the middle of a forgotten road.....

Thanks!

IMG_20240524_134850.jpg

@grider … I personally haven’t had a coolant leak issue (I’m at about 6400 miles), but, there has been mention elsewhere in the V100 thread of leaks in multiple locations. A lot of guys have done their own clamp replacements.

Back