• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

GTM Fuel Kit - E5 V85TT Performance Mods & Dyno graphs and PC6 info

Just got back from a 700 mile trip. Lake Nipissing MG Rally, for two days, then Trans Canada past Sudbury, cross the twirling bridge to Manitoulin Island, then the ferry to Bruce Peninsula. Vistas so picturesque, it is motorcycle paradise which is a consolation for the high insurance rates and high costs of everything here.
So, right before the trip, I received an updated map from Todd. I was actually surprised at the result. My GTM V85 is really torquey everywhere but now once it hits 5k, it just surges, as if it hit some kind of afterburners. Todd says next time I should not wait 15 months to send in a new map.
Now here is the daunting problem I face. I am limited to owning one Moto Guzzi. My interest in other brands is very minimal. Guzzi is unequalled smiles per miles. Cost, limited garage space and wife acceptance factor conspire to put a V100 Mandello out of reach for now. Strategic thinking is required! My solution is the GTM V85tt. Which I believe deserves its own review. Like we used to talk of a 'Shelby' Mustang. Something in a different category.
Now in my case, my natural freeway cruising speed is 75 to 80 mph. If that figure was 90+, then a V100 would be mandated. I am 95/5 with dirt roads and trails so Adventure bike versatility is the ticket. I treasure air cooled, shaft drive simplicity, and maintenance autonomy. Also lightness, so am quite averse to weight getting much over 500 pounds. My GTM performance increase (>25% hp and torque) plus lithium battery/-25 mm new shock = a net weight reduction of 40 pounds (= 5 hp?) and more manageable lower center of gravity. At 5' 8.5" am now flat footing it.
The retro design language, the long driving range, perfect ergonomics and overall "friendliness' of the GTM V85tt means I can't replace it. It is my first choice Guzzi configuration. Yet I do also covet the modern version, the Mandello. It's gorgeous and at the Rally I chatted with a fellow who had the S version. He loves it. Said it's a 'dealer bike'. Meaning, 'don't be messing with the valves,' VVT and all. Well, I hope my words might be helpful to others who view the V85 as the ultimate all-rounder/keeper. Yes, the GTM Upgrade is over $3k in parts. For me, it's so worth it! The way I see it, it's like getting a whole new engine! Seriously! Its not just the gear, its the wisdom that comes with it! Now, here is the deal: Todd's fuel correction package makes the bike way more engaging to ride, not to mention the now snappy overtakes. I think this cost is very reasonable as translated to long term owner satisfaction. I hold that this is cheaper than trading in for new ones. My guess is that perhaps 1/3rd of V85 owners wish for more power. I did, but not anymore. Was just reading on the UK V85 forum, there was a thread, about a dozen guys who had replaced their 1250 GS with the V85tt and they all reported being happy with the change. Well, if only they could experience the GTM V85! When I was waiting for the Ferry, the bikes were first in line. One fellow had a 1250 GS, a great machine for sure. But when he started it, in ten seconds I knew I could never fall in love with that bike. That offset MG V Twin sound, it rules! (Yes, lose the stupid cat). It sounds delicious.
Even if we could have a stable of bikes, we can only ride one at a time. More is not better, there is always the onset of diminishing returns. Here is an ideal balance of weight, power and agility. If my bike gained even more power, it would begin to lose it's 'friendly nature'. I give it the beans all the time. It's pure joy.! But that's not the case if we are in any way intimidated by the bike's ferocity. And other consequences begin to manifest. Like traffic citations, burning through rear tires and ever more gas consumption.
I'm writing this because I believe there are others who will feel the same. This GTM V85 is something really special. It's like it's transparent. So many times on this trip I had that feeling, you know, like those dreams of flying.

Last edited:
I just took the plunge and purchased the whole setup for my ‘21 V85TT: full Werks exhaust kit + full fueling E5 kit + K&N filter + SAS evap!
Looking forward to a cooler running engine; linear acceleration without gaps; the beautiful Werks long exhaust. It was difficult for me to judge “how loud” the exhaust will be. Hope not ‘annoying to passerby’ loud.
It’ll be at least 60 days before i get it here in Bolivia because sending it all via air would be too expensive.
It's awesome, I think you will love it! This is my 1st experience with aftermarket pipe after stock. Sudden change for me. GTM pipe is similar to other such mufflers, I would say. So I got a dbkiller off of Amazon for about $15. That reduced the sound level at least 10 db. Now the sound is great. Dbkiller power loss was barely perceptible. On the highway wearing my earplugs I hear it just a bit. A startup it sounds somewhat loud but not obnoxiously so. I have same year bike and GTM upgrades as you have. I purchased before the GTM BT FT option, so I'm using the Upmap T800 for the y pipe exhaust with dbkiller. GTM Stainless steel design looks great.

Last edited:
@Zool2 thanks for your encouraging comments! Now to sit still and wait ‘calmly’ for 60 to 90 days!
I have a friend who has a bike shop where he runs a dynamometer. An Argentine product, forget the brand name. I plan to run a pre and a post GTM reading on it. So I should be able to report back here (in several months time…) on the improvements.
I have to admit to reacting worriedly to your opinion on noise levels. I’ll discuss it with GTM and see what he recommends. I did not buy the Upmap and instead got his newer AT (AlienTech) option. Hope the AT option also provides a map that allows for a DB killer.
I don't think there is any need to feel worried. For Todd, I believe it's just a tweak in the fuel tables. Me personally, I don't like really loud pipes on any vehicle. To me that's obnoxious. Even racetracks set limits. But, the way I have my bike set up, it sounds much better than stock. Stock is too quiet imo. Mine is a bit louder though but not at all annoying. Now it sings in a way that I find really pleasing. I do wear earplugs unless it's a really short ride. I have set the dbkiller in the most open position and it's perfect.
You are in for something really good! I am over the moon with my GTM V85tt! My rider satisfaction keeps going up! Seriously this has exceeded my expectations. MG V85tt + GTM, there is a real synergy here. The whole exceeding the sum of the parts. I believe there are hundreds of V85 riders who, if they tried my bike for a day, would get out the Visa Card and order the parts from Todd forthwith!

Last edited:
Sound: Everyone has an opinion. My exhaust systems are built to dyno-proven results. My “long” muffler in this case has over 22” of sound deadening core and steel wool packing, starting at the connection to the Y-pipe, along with my design of a db-killer. It’s a really good and moderate sound, in between most aftermarket mufflers with and without db-killers. My shorty version is louder, but still has 16” of sound deadening, but of course it makes more power. I sold just one, and he loved it. Please don’t let the above words scare anyone off. If you want quiet, you can run my E5 headers and Y, with the stock muffler. Dyno results are down considerably with it, but that’s the trade off. I grew up riding and racing in the 70’s, 80’s & 90’s, so I know loud. NOTHING I make is loud, compared to any open pipe HD that permeates every town, everywhere I’ve been. End.

I have a 2021 Centenario. I believe it was created with an extra measure of Testosterone. That's why it was a bit louder at first even with the GTM Long Muffler.
At first I couldn't understand the importance others attached to the sound of their pipes. Now I do. It sounds awesome and it's a really important part of the whole mix to me now. Also, I'm a musician. So possibly more sensitive than most.
I see on YouTube that interest in Moto Guzzi is growing fast. For those who have the passion, everything is here on this thread to take it to a much higher level. Spread the good word! Art, science, experience and dedication all converge here backed up by dyno results. Why piss ass around with these idiotic booster plugs? This here is the real deal. And saving a few bucks on cheaper exhausts is a false economy. The system is holistic, it's tuned to work together. Looking forward to hearing from others getting these great results!

Last edited:
I have a 2021 Centenario. I believe it was created with an extra measure of Testosterone. That's why it was a bit louder at first even with the GTM Long Muffler.
EVERY bike is louder with ANY aftermarket full system compared to stock. It’s a drastic and sudden change to anyone who spent time on a stock system. My full system long is quite mellow to me, especially compared to my fire-breathing GTM builds. Glad you found peace. ;)

EVERY bike is louder with ANY aftermarket full system compared to stock. It’s a drastic and sudden change to anyone who spent time on a stock system. My full system long is quite mellow to me, especially compared to my fire-breathing GTM builds. Glad you found a happy medium. ;)
I actually have really sensitive hearing. I guess over reaction on my part. And really there's no issue, perhaps most won't need to bother with any dbkiller. Its not Harley Davidson loud! And with dbkiller in the performance change was so slight I barely noticed anything. So bottom line, there's no problem here at all. If a dbkiller is used it only costs $15, install or de-install in a few minutes. Season to taste!

Update: I bought the Sound Meter App on my phone. Wheeled the bike into open space. Two feet away, 45 degree angle.
Measured Result: 89 db idle.

Last edited:
Back