• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Next SoCal V7/9 Ride - Where to and when?

There are always groups of riders congregating at the Crystal Lake Cafe - not quite as many as at the Rock Store but at least the bikes that show up there were ridden up. ;)

I say, let's do Crystal Lake/Mt. Baldy. Same date 5/19/18
Meet at the Donut Man (915 E Rte 66, Glendora, CA 91740) at 9:00.
KSU @ 9:30 and ride to Crystal Lake Cafe. (https://goo.gl/maps/NSapm84KFts)

Highres 470173921 Highres 470300329

Putz around socialize for 1/2 an hour, then head over to the Glendora Ridge Route and to My. Baldy. (https://goo.gl/maps/YE4qqLeBTP52)

IMG 0588 IMG 0583

Arrive around noon in time to grab some eats at Mt. Baldy Lodge.
Then for anyone thats wants more, head back on the Ridge Route but take the Glendora Cyn road to the bottom:. (https://goo.gl/maps/LugDx2P7rr72)

Last edited:
Set the time back half an hour in case that was limiting anyone's enthusiasm.
Glendora is a little bit further of a starting location for a lot or people.

Anyway, that's my proposal.

Just waiting for my bike to come in...if it doesn't I'll be on something...lets say...a little faster. Still Italian ;)
42046977772_b816d70e37_b.jpg

If his new bike hasn't arrived... he'll be on his Tuono.
I strongly urge it to be a small block only ride only, else people may end up on the ground from experience on these type of rides.

If his new bike hasn't arrived... he'll be on his Tuono.
I strongly urge it to be a small block only ride only, else people may end up on the ground from experience on these type of rides.
Oh I see. The logic being another scooter company (Piaggio) built bike.

There's a fleet of well-appointed V7s/V9s available at RideMalibu.com (link above) if the new bike doesn't arrive in time - added bonus of letting one test out what features they might be interested in adding to their ride.

I should be available for this one, but perhaps we should postpone if we can't get enough small blocks together?

Beau1K - What's the ETA of your Racer?

Gt-Rx got it right.

Piaggio didn't design this bike although they did buy Aprilia the year before it was produced, mine is a 2005.

So my Racer was supposed to be in last week, "truck never came"...supposed to be in this week now...we'll see. I'm hoping I get a call tomorrow.

I may turn up on a 2002 Breva 750ie though :D

Of course I will respect the wishes of the group but I want to make sure I understand this statement correctly. Are you saying that when I leave the pack in a plume of CO2 on my Tuono some newbies may try and keep up with me and in turn go rubber side up?

Wondering if so because I have had that experience about 3x's on group rides. I have organized hundreds of Aprilia group rides in SoCal over the years and when new to the group riders turn up we give the "ride your own ride" speech. Doesn't seem to sink in though. Always sucks when you stop to let people catch up and they never arrive because they all stopped to attend to a crash.

Are you saying that when I leave the pack in a plume of CO2 on my Tuono some newbies may try and keep up with me and in turn go rubber side up?
Precisely, and not always newbies. 40-50 hp small blocks need to be the only thing on the ride. Even then, on the last ride we had one (thankfully minor - pure rider error) incident.

I should be available for this one, but perhaps we should postpone if we can't get enough small blocks together?

Beau1K - What's the ETA of your Racer?

I'm up for doing a ride on Saturday, as proposed, even if it's just two or three V7s/V9s.
From watching this thread sputter along I don't think that simply changing the date will make much difference in how many people show up. I suggest we just ride (in this case Crystal Lake/Mt. Baldy on 5/19).
On the other hand - the mere fact that some of us have met to ride might make a subsequent "V7/V9 get together and ride" event better attended - for example the Rock Store meet up, as suggested by Beau1K. If anything it's always nice to see familiar faces and it builds momentum by demonstrating that the group actually meets.

It sounds like Beau1K's bike might be coming in this week, so that makes three of us for this weekend already!

C'mon now...you can't tease us with that story and leave us hanging! What happened. I like to learn from other peoples mistakes vs. experiencing it for myself ;)

Precisely, and not always newbies. 40-50 hp small blocks need to be the only thing on the ride. Even then, on the last ride we had one (thankfully minor - pure rider error) incident.

Yeah let's just do the CL / MB run. If I do have the new bike in time I will be there and I'll likely want to put more miles on it so I'll likely do rock store Sunday :)

I'm up for doing a ride on Saturday, as proposed, even if it's just two or three V7s/V9s.
From watching this thread sputter along I don't think that simply changing the date will make much difference in how many people show up. I suggest we just ride (in this case Crystal Lake/Mt. Baldy on 5/19).
On the other hand - the mere fact that some of us have met to ride might make a subsequent "V7/V9 get together and ride" event better attended - for example the Rock Store meet up, as suggested by Beau1K. If anything it's always nice to see familiar faces and it builds momentum by demonstrating that the group actually meets.

It sounds like Beau1K's bike might be coming in this week, so that makes three of us for this weekend already!

Hi,
I'd love to join on Saturday! As I said, I am a beginner. So, probably we'll see each other just at the meeting point and then at the bar, hopefully for lunch :)
But it's fine with me, I won't try to catch you.
I got my V7 4 months ago and it's my first bike. I am becoming a pro in the LA traffic but not up and down twisted roads. So, I'll take my time and I wont expect you to wait for me.

If you agree I'll see you at Donut Man ;)

Grazie!
f4b

Absolutely fine by me - the more the merrier!.. As for pace in the twisties, I bought a Roamer so I could enjoy riding without pushing the envelope; and it's working - I'm happy to just cruise so I don't think you'll be left behind.

C'mon now...you can't tease us with that story and leave us hanging!
Nothing too exciting... rider ran off the road and up an embankment on Lockwood Valley Rd. Minimal damage, and we kept going.

If I do have the new bike in time <snip> I'll likely want to put more miles on it so I'll likely do rock store Sunday :)
Let me know if you do. I can’t make the Saturday ride due to other commitments, but I might do the Bean/RS run Sunday. Confirm with a time here if you are for sure.

All small blocks are welcome.

Back