• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Next SoCal V7/9 Ride - Where to and when?

Back safe and sound, great meeting you guys today, look forward to the next one!!

Check engine light was some old O2 sensor something or other, cleared up all good...better safe than sorry :/

Haven't decided if I'm going to head up there. We'll see how the morning shapes up!

Here's some pics from today:

42178775012_7c62c42556_b.jpg

42178774142_7450e0bfce_b.jpg

Timer photo...not great :think:

42225229791_1bacf2b319_b.jpg

Sorry I couldn’t make it to the meetup. It was a pleasure to meet Todd in person at the shop yesterday, however!

I have an appointment later today in Santa Clara, so I was trying to make it home yesterday. But the cold shut me down about two hours out: stayed the night in King City. L be home by noon and will make it to my appointment.

Racer feels great with its new suspension and tires! :D

Back safe and sound, great meeting you guys today, look forward to the next one!!

Check engine light was some old O2 sensor something or other, cleared up all good...better safe than sorry :/

I'm glad it was something trivial in the end, but what a bummer. The ridge route and Glendora Mountain Rd were stupendous!
For those reading along, after climbing to the top of the 39, grabbing coffee at the Crystal Lake Cafe, and then heading back down, we took a turn onto the cutoff road to the Glendora Ridge Route - The Ridge Route is the perfect mix of tight turns, long sweepers, and serpentine runs along the San Gabriel mountain ridge from Glendora to Mt Baldy. It's breathtakingly beautiful - which, in a sense, is the most dangerous aspect... Far too easy to let one's attention be grabbed by the vistas to the right and to the left of you, practically as you round every corner.
We rode the ridge route both directions. From Glendora to Mt Baldy and then back to Glendora.
PasoDuc88 and I were laughing that the Ridge Route is significantly shorter coming back the other direction!
And then, just when you're sad because you think the ride is over - Glendora Mountain road to the bottom of the mountain.

Yeah tell me about it. I was gonna get pancakes :mad:

Well...just as well...good excuse to do the same run again. Maybe backwards and start with breakfast :nod:

I'm glad it was something trivial in the end, but what a bummer. The ridge route and Glendora Mountain Rd were stupendous!
For those reading along, after climbing to the top of the 39, grabbing coffee at the Crystal Lake Cafe, and then heading back down, we took a turn onto the cutoff road to the Glendora Ridge Route - The Ridge Route is the perfect mix of tight turns, long sweepers, and serpentine runs along the San Gabriel mountain ridge from Glendora to Mt Baldy. It's breathtakingly beautiful - which, in a sense, is the most dangerous aspect... Far too easy to let one's attention be grabbed by the vistas to the right and to the left of you, practically as you round every corner.
We rode the ridge route both directions. From Glendora to Mt Baldy and then back to Glendora.
PasoDuc88 and I were laughing that the Ridge Route is significantly shorter coming back the other direction!
And then, just when you're sad because you think the ride is over - Glendora Mountain road to the bottom of the mountain.

Sounds like a great ride! I should check this forum more often... hopefully there's something closer to Santa Barbara someday. Still a newbie putting some miles under the belt.

Ojai HWY 33 to Lockwood Valley Road to HWY 95 and then the 166 back to Santa Maria is a good one for SB and LA folks. Pretty far for me to meet up on this bike. 1.5 hrs. just to 101/33

Ojai HWY 33 to Lockwood Valley Road to HWY 95 and then the 166 back to Santa Maria is a good one for SB and LA folks. Pretty far for me to meet up on this bike. 1.5 hrs. just to 101/33

Thanks for the suggestion! I am still struggling to go pass Summerland and Carpinteria. They are doing construction on the 101, reduced to two lanes with barriers on road shoulders, uneven paved roads and tar snakes running parallel and everywhere, scare the crap out of me. But I'll be sure to slowly check that out!

Back