• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

UpMap Q&A

Update for V7-850 owners:
1. First do the configuration for the V7-850.
2. Once configuration is done, they can insert the maps directly in their profile.
Todd, I have done the configuration, but see no maps from you anywhere. The device says to select map from their store but only thing there is maps for V85. Am I doing something wrong? Am I reading this chain wrong and the map(s) for V7-850 are not available yet? I thought you posted that UpMap had confirmed to you they would be available like a week ago?

Last edited:
Todd, I have done the configuration, but see no maps from you anywhere. The device says to select map from their store but only thing there is maps for V85. Am I doing something wrong? Am I reading this chain wrong and the map(s) for V7-850 are not available yet? I thought you posted that UpMap had confirmed to you they would be available like a week ago?
So do me a favor as I am literally buried in emails... Please do not email every email address on the site and also post here. I field hundreds of emails/day, and simply cannot keep up. I will ONLY reply here on these matters for now.
UpMap told me what I posted. I have not had a minute to check for myself yet. I have put an inquiry in for tomorrow am.
They, along with most all other Italian companies, have been painfully slow to reply, even when it comes to paid products. Bear with me. I will post again here only when I have updated info from them.

Todd,
By posting the maps, are you comfortable with your V85maps? I will buy as soon as you say "yes, the V85 is ready with my tune". I have my allegiances! TY for everything.

By posting the maps, are you comfortable with your V85maps? I will buy as soon as you say "yes, the V85 is ready with my tune". I have my allegiances! TY for everything.
The maps that are available will have been tested and approved by me. Once I get my maps online via their portal, I will post again. For now this has been a VERY slow and painful process to work through with them, as it seems they are only set up to do all R&D in house.

For the V7-850 buyers, please check now. They tell me they have the GC maps online. Please post here either way.

I just checked. In the UpMap app, under the store, the only maps for Moto Guzzi are still the same 29 maps, all for V85 bikes. Someone else please check and tell us if you see anything different

BD41B91D 9463 4486 94C9 6F610BF352E1

Last edited:
I just checked. In the UpMap app, under the store, the only maps for Moto Guzzi are still the same 29 maps, all for V85 bikes.
Is this while you are BT-connected to the T800 device, while it's plugged in and keyed on?

While we wait for resolution on when Map(s) will be visible on UpMap app, I was hoping to pose a few questions I've come across that have not really been addressed. First off my apologies for asking questions here and via email. I was in my garage with bike paired with UpMap and was hoping to get a quick answer on the map. Now that you have defined this forum as the place to get the info, I will never use another source. Coming from the world of Harley Davidson's, and never owning a Moto Guzzi, this has been educational to say the least. Here a some questions I and other users have asked on this thread or the performance thread or the mods thread....

1) the UpMap device/app is similar to a Vance & Hines Fuel Pack 3 (FP3) where you go in and pair to your bike, but then you choose the brand pipes you've added, then choose with what type of baffle. Because some of us are used to that, the question has come up what exactly your map is going to be for? I've seen questions about a map just for better performance for stock, a map for Agostini with DB killers, a map for Agostini without DB Killers (that's what I want), a map for Mistrals, etc. etc. So while we wait, we really don't know what we are waiting for. Anything will be better than nothing.

2) In this thread, you mentioned that UpMap informed you that for V7 850 owners the "GC" maps should be online and to check and let you know. When I replied I showed that only maps there currently are for V85 and V85TT bikes. All those maps are offered via GCorse. I realized later that you said the "GC" maps for V7 850 should be online, so does that mean you are partnering with GCorse and the maps will appear to be from them? Or will the maps say GTM?

Sorry for the long message, but I hope if you can answer here, it may prevent you from receiving 50 emails with these same questions.

While we wait for resolution on when Map(s) will be visible on UpMap app, I was hoping to pose a few questions I've come across that have not really been addressed
Hi Damon, thanks for posting here, happy to answer questions here to save me the repetitive emails. Appreciated.

1. Generally correct. This will be a slow process, and GC is partnered with Zard exhaust, so you likely will not see another brand until a time that I can get to them, so...
2. In the same way I will be uploading maps to the UpMap portal, GC is working directly with them on the units themselves, so they will be first. In time, we should be able to have GTM maps online in the same fashion for download, along with our own code for one free map download.

When GC opens in the morning, I hope to have more info for you regarding the online maps. GC told me they were available, UpMap did not (yet). Hope that helps for now.

Hi Damon, thanks for posting here, happy to answer questions here to save me the repetitive emails. Appreciated.

1. Generally correct. This will be a slow process, and GC is partnered with Zard exhaust, so you likely will not see another brand until a time that I can get to them, so...
2. In the same way I will be uploading maps to the UpMap portal, GC is working directly with them on the units themselves, so they will be first. In time, we should be able to have GTM maps online in the same fashion for download, along with our own code for one free map download.

When GC opens in the morning, I hope to have more info for you regarding the online maps. GC told me they were available, UpMap did not (yet). Hope that helps for now.
So, if I am understanding you correctly,

1) the maps we are waiting to be visible are not even your maps, but GC maps?
2) and if so, do you know what maps we can expect? (Agostini, w/wo DB killers, Mistral, etc.)

So, if I am understanding you correctly,

1) the maps we are waiting to be visible are not even your maps, but GC maps?
2) and if so, do you know what maps we can expect? (Agostini, w/wo DB killers, Mistral, etc.)
Correct, however;
1. I will have tested them in house.
2. No idea yet. Hopefully within the next few weeks. I have a completely stock V7-850 in house right now. I will be mapping it stock, GTM mufflers with and without db-killers, and our full systems, 2-2 & 2-1 and Drags.

I guess I missed something you said the first time I read it. It sounds like the maps we are hoping to see any day from GC will more than likely be for Zard exhaust. That being said, I would think that a map for Zard slip ons would be better for my bike with Agostini slip ons than the stock map...Please correct me if I'm wrong! If you agree, I plan to flash it, and then when you or them release a map for Agostini I will pay to reflash it then.

Hey Todd, just saying make sure you turn off the traction control. I live on a long dirt road and when I rode my v85 TT I thought something was wrong with the mapping but it's that damn traction control so make sure you tell your customer turn all that stuff off.

Back