• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Mods thread

I got a call from my dealer today. The bags are in! I'll go up there Saturday…

Tennessee, I think you’re in southern KY? Just curious as to your dealer. I got a call as well, from Cadre, here in Cincinnati… my bike is in for the first service, so, they’ll put them on tomorrow. Yay!

Based on info in this thread, I just called my dealer Motoplex in Westchester PA and the bags arrived today! I am picking mine up tomorrow and so excited, have a trip planned July 1st and wanted to take the Guzzi

Encouraged by @TennesseeSmith post, I called my dealer yesterday and still nothing. So to stay positive, I went ahead and booked a couple nights mid July for a central coast California trip. Hoping the bags make it to the west coast soon!

Congrats to you that are getting them now!!

I've added the largest of the three Biondi windscreens. I also added the smaller X-Creen and a set of Rox Risers. I am now able to ride comfortably without using a face shield or goggles.

The Biondi is a bit thin. It shakes a bit like the CalSci shield I had on my Niken GT. But it makes clean enough air when paired with the X-Creen.

Next up: Saddle Bags

View attachment 30151View attachment 30152
Hello, what tail bag is this?

When you removed the pre-installed grab rails, did the kit come with some sort of covers to go over the spaces on the side? Looking at removing the grab rails and didn't know what I could put over those spaces.
The mount plate for the rack comes out through the same spot. There are no covers, but the rack itself obscures the opening.

Nice Rack 0461

Tennessee, I think you’re in southern KY? Just curious as to your dealer. I got a call as well, from Cadre, here in Cincinnati… my bike is in for the first service, so, they’ll put them on tomorrow. Yay!
I'm way down south in London. The dealer is in Mt Sterling. That's up near Winchester. I think he's the only Moto Guzzi dealer in Kentucky.
Map

Reactions: BDS
Hello, what tail bag is this?
It's a cheap, very practical bag I picked up from Amazon. It has rings on the bag to attach the accompanying bungie net. That makes it easy to carry some clothes as the layers come off in the warm afternoons. It's not bad as tail bags go. But I'll prefer the security of the locking hard saddle bags.
Bag

Encouraged by @TennesseeSmith post, I called my dealer yesterday and still nothing. So to stay positive, I went ahead and booked a couple nights mid July for a central coast California trip. Hoping the bags make it to the west coast soon!

Congrats to you that are getting them now!!
I bet you'll have the bags within a few days.

And I'm sure you'll be checking to make sure the dealer installed them correctly before riding off the lot...

;)

• Haha
Reactions: BDS
Use this thread to talk about any mods to your V100.
I added

1. the main stand and the only purpose of this in my mind , : is to be able to check the oil level , otherwise you need someone to help to check it ...

2. and also put the "touring " screen , which is not really a touring windshield , the difference is really minimal between original , some 5-7 cm I measured , it is the original Guzzi Accessory ... maybe waiting for aftermarket real touring screen will be better and

in the future : I think about purchasing aftermarket radiator proaction but I am afraid of it because , in traffic , the engine coolant temp reaches some 100 degrees ( data coming from MIA ) , I am not sure if aftermarket radiator protection can cause limited cooling because in these 30 degree Celsius the fan kick in a lot of time for long period of time ... so waiting for the original one for radiator ....

Does anyone know of a good side stand extender that will provide a little more surface area and also raise the bike up slightly while on the side stand? I find the bike leans over more than I would like and I don't always use the center stand.

I added

1. the main stand and the only purpose of this in my mind , : is to be able to check the oil level , otherwise you need someone to help to check it ...

2. and also put the "touring " screen , which is not really a touring windshield , the difference is really minimal between original , some 5-7 cm I measured , it is the original Guzzi Accessory ... maybe waiting for aftermarket real touring screen will be better and

in the future : I think about purchasing aftermarket radiator proaction but I am afraid of it because , in traffic , the engine coolant temp reaches some 100 degrees ( data coming from MIA ) , I am not sure if aftermarket radiator protection can cause limited cooling because in these 30 degree Celsius the fan kick in a lot of time for long period of time ... so waiting for the original one for radiator ....
How loud is your fan ,I was riding for three hours in 100f around 37C and my fan did not appear to come on .

How loud is your fan ,I was riding for three hours in 100f around 37C and my fan did not appear to come on .
it is not loud at all , I know it kicked when the coolant indicator pss the middle box , check your coolant temp gauges : when it is above the center line ( 1 box above center and 1 box below red line beginning box ) this means , your engine reached 100 degree C ( normally it works 80-90 C - MIA application tells that info ) in this case when above 1 box of center , turn off engine , you will hear now the fan ! except , the engine loud suppressing the fan noise , if your coolant never go until redline , that means it works in hot temp AND traffic condition ! when having enough speed , in my experience , the cooling system works very well ...

Last edited:
Keremarsan - that MIA temp data would be a perfect way to document any temperature difference of radiator guard off, versus on👍. I have the Evotech guard which has smaller “holes” than the Mistral guard. So far the hottest day I’ve ridden was 92F, and the temp gauge stayed in the middle. Late summer, stuck in traffic will be the real test!

Bags! I now have a complete motorcycle.

Mine were mounted correctly by the dealer. They seem to be pretty nice. They hold plenty of stuff. My laptop has to be angled a bit to fit in there. I had the same issue with my last Gold Wing. With the Mandello, I won't be able to get a thermos and the laptop both in the same bag. That's OK. I'll get the top box fitted in a few days. The laptop fits nicely in there. This bike is becoming a touring bike.

The dealer in Mt Sterling KY has another V100 Mandello in stock. It's red like mine.

Bags 0478

Congrats!!! Looks nice, too👍😁. I’m seeing more cases (no pun intended) of owners losing them (another post here, today), and apparently even when feeling they are solidly mounted. I guess we just have to keep an eye on things. I do feel my bike really takes the potholes and bumps, very harshly… that may exacerbate any tendencies for stuff to come loose. Be wary/careful. My bags came in, but I don’t have the bike back yet (first service as well). Hoping Tues or Wed (closed on Mons). The adventure continues…

While waiting for the "NORMA 30-45 x 9mm wide "TORRO" hose clamps to replace the crimped on clamps, I installed this Pyramid "Extenda Fenda" from Bob's Bike Stuff in the UK on eBay. Looks like it will help some. I also received a BIONDI Touring height light smoke tint windshield I will report back later on it when I get on the bodywork back on after the hose clamp/coolant leak is sorted.

IMG 3371 IMG 3381 IMG 3372

Nice! Yeah, the stock front fender is a bit “shy.” The Pyramid has a sleek look - nice choice👍.

Nice! Yeah, the stock front fender is a bit “shy.” The Pyramid has a sleek look - nice choice👍.
Thanks, I like the look also, but probably not as much "total" protection as another I saw.....

Back