• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

UpMap Q&A

@Muttiboy , is the SAS Kit a must to resolve poor torque with Agostini Short Mufflers on V7 E5, or UpMap will resolve it mostly ?
I have a 2023 V7 850 Special with Ago's, SAS kit and eval and tip deleted. With the baffles in it runs OK, a little sluggish depending on revs and gear selection, I've cut the baffles down twice with no ill effect, MPG is the same but I will most likely map it a some point.

I have a 2023 V7 850 Special with Ago's, SAS kit and eval and tip deleted. With the baffles in it runs OK, a little sluggish depending on revs and gear selection, I've cut the baffles down twice with no ill effect, MPG is the same but I will most likely map it a some point.
Looking for the opposite. Agostini mufflers and UpMap to load the config, no other modding or additions such as SAS Kit etc....

Last edited:
Alright fellas, I've read all 14 pages of this thread and still have a few questions outstanding before I make the decision on what to purchase (I'm going through Todd and GTM without a doubt):

I've got a 2021 V7 850 Centenario. Mistrals with DB killers in still, but I want to take them out with the Remap.

1. Aside from the UpMap device from the GTM site, what else will I need to buy?
2. Is the GTM SAS kit recommended to go along with the remap?
3. Most importantly: Is there a Todd/GTM map available for my bike on the UpMap device yet?

Going to have my mechanic do all of this for me in a few months as I don't have the "facilities" to self-serve, so want to have everything I need to review with him and ensure we're on the same page when I drop her off for a service next week.

Grazie mille.

Alright fellas, I've read all 14 pages of this thread and still have a few questions outstanding before I make the decision on what to purchase (I'm going through Todd and GTM without a doubt):

I've got a 2021 V7 850 Centenario. Mistrals with DB killers in still, but I want to take them out with the Remap.

3. Most importantly: Is there a Todd/GTM map available for my bike on the UpMap device yet?

Going to have my mechanic do all of this for me in a few months as I don't have the "facilities" to self-serve, so want to have everything I need to review with him and ensure we're on the same page when I drop her off for a service next week.

Grazie mille.
@Scuderia_Jedi exactly my point, as i was unable to get a clear answer from the discussions. Seems you have very the same challenge in knowing "what else" is needed aside the UpMap, if anything ....

Grazie mille.
I personally went with the UpMap and SAS kit. I don’t know enough to give an informed decision on not getting the SAS because I did it all at the same time.

In terms of Todd’s map, they want his work for free so the maps on UpMap aren’t made by him. There is another post on this forum of a different platform he’s looking at loading his maps onto so you could always stay tuned for that and maybe wait to see him work his magic on the V7 850.

I personally went with the UpMap and SAS kit. I don’t know enough to give an informed decision on not getting the SAS because I did it all at the same time.

In terms of Todd’s map, they want his work for free so the maps on UpMap aren’t made by him. There is another post on this forum of a different platform he’s looking at loading his maps onto so you could always stay tuned for that and maybe wait to see him work his magic on the V7 850.
Thanks man. After all I've read, seems to be a consensus on coupling the SAS kit with the re-map. I REALLY was hoping UpMap would work with Todd on loading his map on their platform. I'll check the other post out though, appreciate the head's up. I've been waiting all these years to do this re-map with hopes all would be sorted by now hahaha.

Grazie mille.

You cannot ask GTM (Todd) questions in the forums. He cannot read every post.

Follow the procedures listed in the CONTACT page in the store. This is how you get the pre-purchase answers you are seeking.

You cannot ask GTM (Todd) questions in the forums. He cannot read every post.

Follow the procedures listed in the CONTACT page in the store. This is how you get the pre-purchase answers you are seeking.

Right on. Thanks Scott. Was trying to avoid badgering Todd unnecessarily haha.

Starting to feel a little Lebowski with all these new strands (PC/AT options) in ol' Duder's head. I'll give him a shout.

Installed Agostini Short mufflers back, connected UpMap, installed gcorse map for aftermarket exhausts with db killers which for the thunder sound of the v-twin is enough and have the low rev torque back in place. Upmap is a must to retain the fun of ride with great sound and good performance, no Upmap means great sound with no fun. Subjective feeling says sligtly increased performance, significantly increased retro feeling of rough mechanics one love so much on these bikes.

Has anyone been able to find the UpMap BT device in stock? I’m being told February ETA at AF1.
I gave you the link to them for purchase on your other post. We do not stock them, but we get them monthly on paid order, despite our note on the purchase page for all of the impatient people -- this is the busiest time of the year.
I've linked you again below. AGAIN, READ the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page. Appreciate you not calling out our competition here, as they have a Forum... You can go there and tell every one they can buy them from us and get them much quicker. ;)

OK I give up. For now. Maybe someone has had a similar experience and can help.

I was cruising merrily along (should have known too good to be true) after having registered and confirming the T800 serial number and at some point was presented with the login screen. I entered my registered email and password and get "Network Error. Please Retry Later". Double-checked bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and location settings, and then tried again. Same. Over and over. Deleted app, reinstalled; same. Grrr....
Can log on to the UpMap store using a browser, and can't log on to the mobile app. WTF?
It is a Moto g7 phone that performs flawlessly.
I have combed this forum, and others on the web - to no avail.
I also have been waiting for requested support from UpMap. And from what I've seen in my searches, I probably shouldn't be too hopeful.

Ideas anyone?

Last edited:
It is a Moto g7 phone
Jeff, I don't know the phone. Android? Does it have any type of VPN or firewall on it?
Do you have another Android device to try?
In my experience they are unresponsive via email.
It also may be that their site is down for updates. Happens on occasion. Try again a little later.

Android phone. VPN yes, I think for AdGuard (and blocker). You think that might be the culprit?
Worth a shot. Most of these devices request for you to be sure any/all firewalls are off, and to NOT use a VPN. On the new GTM BT device, I even had to shut my router firewall off. If you're using one for signal, use only cell data.

Another thing I've noticed is sometimes the App can't contact UpMap. I assume it's just the servers taken down for maintenance.

Back