• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V100 Mods thread

Mounted these Hepco-Becker "X-Core" cases and H-B tail rack today. The cases use the "C-Bow" system. Top loading and watertight, but not very large.
Nice, I can add these to the (GTM) STORE tab above for anyone so interested in them, post below. Otherwise, we won't bother as we don't sell much HB products at all.

I received my first Mandello V100S back in late January 24 after arriving home from a relatively short ride I notice a mark on the LHS cylinder cover (image 1173), and my daughter noticed a slight oil seepage from the gasket on the front of cover. Thinking that it might have been a Friday afternoon assembly at Mandello and wanted to finish the assembly before going home, I thought that the bolts may have not been done up tight. Upon inspection the mark corresponded to something hitting the cover and snapping off one of the anchor points for the cover, hence the oil seepage (image 1176). My saving grace was the fact that the salesperson sent me a photo of the bike arriving while it was still on the truck in its case. The case showed a distinct tear which coincided with the area of the cylinder cover. I requested a new replacement bike as wouldn't accept a repaired one which had just been ridden from the showroom. After many emails and threatening to request my money back the dealer obliged and a new bike was provided.
The second bike arrived early March and after a few Kms I noticed a seepage from the Öhlins rear shock absorber (image 1264), again I approached the dealer who wanted to inspect it to ensure I hadn't hit with a hammer or something:rolleyes: They reported back to the importer who agreed to the warranty replacement and the part arrived in Australia within the week,(at a cost of $11,000, that's correct $11K) The dealer was instructed that the damaged shock absorber had to be dispatched back to Öhlins within 24hrs. One would not want to built a bike from imported spare parts.
None of the issues I've had are really related to MG, one was a transport issue and the other a parts supplier issue. Never the less for me it highlighted some of the issues of MG not having a very strong presence in Australia, not sure how sooner would the issues had been resolved if I were to be living in Italy or Europe.
Other than that the additional mods I carried out are the radiator guard, the sump guard, the exhaust manifold protectors, clip on tank box and rear seat box form SW-Motech, a clip on front windscreen extension, oh and I asked for a centre stand to be fitted when I purchased the bike. I had fitted the touring windshield but I found better results from the extender.
I ordered and received a front mud guard extender but I've been reluctant to fit it as it requires mounting it to the bolts of the bottom bolts of the front disk callipers and I don't have the appropriate tension wrench to do up the break calliper bolts again. Future project.

IMG_1173.jpeg IMG_1176.jpeg IMG_1264.jpeg

It seems it has a shock or side fall on the side.
Good to know for all V100 owners.
May be the engine guard is mandatory to avoid this issue.

V100 Guard.jpg

Picked up mine a couple days ago. Loving it so far. (only 80 miles on the clock, so,...)

Comments and first impressions? A few negatives first.

For me , at least, definitely NOT an all day saddle. Gonna give an Air Hawk a try for a while before I decide on a saddle rebuild.

Disappointing that no radiator guard was included. A couple well known aftermarket suppliers offer one, make nice ones, but on backorder most places. If you search carefully, you *may* find one.

Topcase is made by Shad, (not HB or GIVI, or OEM) and does NOT quick-release, a little shabby for a top of the line bike. Still, the topcase is the one luggage piece I rarely remove, so, for me,not a biggie.

Screen is too small for effective airflow management. Anyone have experience with the Guzzi-offered "Touring Screen? Claimed increase of 35% size. That doesn't sound like much to me, so I may wait for the aftermarket to catch up before investing.
The touring screen is not tall enough. It is larger in width.

I just bought and installed the givi screen (D8207ST).
i'm 6'5", and i find it to be very effective. the stock screen did nothing for me, and in the raised position, it drove a lot of wind buffeting into my helmet. in the lower position, it was too similar to riding a naked bike.
with the givi screen, it feels much much better. quiet. and lovely to ride.
Thanks for your review of the GIVI screen. I'm 6’2 and the optional MG screen is useless.

The touring screen is not tall enough. It is larger in width.
I am happy with the following two options re:windscreen:

1. CalSci Touring
2. Biondi Touring with a Givi wind deflector.

As for seat comfort, I use a sheep skin place don top of the seat and I can do at least 4 hours on the saddle with a couple of stops for coffee.

I am happy with the following two options re:windscreen:

1. CalSci Touring
2. Biondi Touring with a Givi wind deflector.

As for seat comfort, I use a sheep skin place don top of the seat and I can do at least 4 hours on the saddle with a couple of stops for coffee\
Which shield did you find the best, the CalSci of the Bondi. How was the Bondi without the deflector? Thanks!

Which shield did you find the best, the CalSci of the Bondi. How was the Bondi without the deflector? Thanks!
The answer is both but for different uses.

The CalSci is taller and does not need a wind deflector. I like this one for long overnight touring trip when comfort is a priority and I don't care for the look of the bike as much (Tall windscreen + OEM panniers + SW Motech tail & tank bags + black heated seat).

I prefer the Biondi for day riding (1 to 4 hrs) as I added a wind deflector to it and it is perfect in this combo for look/comfort (brown saddle + rear seat cowl + tank bag only).

Notes on the mv-motorrad.de/en/ 40mm peg lowering kit.

I needed to lower the pegs due to R knee ROM issues following a motorcycle 'incident' last year. The MV part is well made and as supplied lowers the OEM peg 35mm, while retaining the same angle of the peg to the brake/shifter pedal. However, they rotate down another 5mm, which I did to get 37mm, beyond that the OEM peg starts to tilt rearward. At 37 mm the peg is essentially flat to the brake/shifter pedal as seen in the pic. I adjusted both shifter and brake so they were at the low point. This basically replicates the set up on my Triumph T900RP, including reach from peg to pedal. I wear size 9 (US) boots and I'm comfortable. A larger boot might require use of the pedal fittings that come with the kit, especially on the shifter side, see below.

View attachment 31611
View attachment 31612

They also provide fittings to drop the pedals to maintain the same angle when using the 35mm lowering setting. I didn't use them but if you buy these you should know that what was supplied differs from the website pictures. I received the pictured fittings, at left the shifter adaptor (and the website shows the same for the brake) - at right the ugly as sin brake adaptor. I have queried them. Germans don't usually change a design without a reason (safety?) but being August continental Europe is on the long break. Anyway, I will edit the post when I get a response.

View attachment 31613

View attachment 31614

Cheers. TeeTwo.
My bracket is silver. It closely matches the mounting surface. It does look better then the black. My shifter peg rubber rotates by design, unlike the fixed brake peg. Is there a reason for this? I don't like it on the downshifts.

Pertaining to changing turn signals, I read about the amount of body work that needs to be removed to change out the front signals already.
I have 2 questions I hope to answer. 1- since I’m swapping LED for LED (Rizoma), are the extra resistors still needed?
2- Rizoma offers several OEM connector options but nine form MG. Are there other OEM’s compatible? (They offer Ducati, MV Augusta)

Last edited:
Ive just replaced all 4 of my indicators that I purchased from the GTM STORE (linked above) on my V100, the US style are almost twice the size of my NZ ones. They went on with no modification at all. As your swapping like for like as I did I'm sure the resistors are not required, they are used if you replace bulb style lamps with LED's. The bodywork comes off very easily, just be slow and methodical, the screen and headlamp cowling conceal a few screws.

I managed to get the front signals installed without removing any panels. It wasn’t super easy but I managed. I was able to fit a small 10mm spanner to hold the nut in order to remove the stock. It was tight getting my fingers in to thread the new units in place.

IMG_6280.jpeg

IMG_6278.jpeg

What is the purpose of those turn indicators. I just don't get it.

Don't you think that they are virtually invisible to any car driver?

Last edited:
What is the purpose of those turn indicators. I just don't get it.
Don't you think that they are virtually invisible to any car driver?
Some people just may not like the plastic’ey stock turns, and assuming these are real Rizoma units, they are 2x brighter then the stockers. These and the m.Pins (we’re dealers for both on the STORE tab above), are ones I use on my GTM builds. Invisible until activated, and not a ton more cost to replace when/if stock parts break or fail.
We also sell the bar end mirrors and proper adapters for most modern Guzzi models.

I managed to get the front signals installed without removing any panels. It wasn’t super easy but I managed. I was able to fit a small 10mm spanner to hold the nut in order to remove the stock. It was tight getting my fingers in to thread the new units in place.
That’s a clean look. More than once, I have accidentally bumped into my (stock) turn signals while messing around in the garage… and knocked them askew. I assume yours illuminate in orange? Nice mods - I also see the rear hub guard😁.

That’s a clean look. More than once, I have accidentally bumped into my (stock) turn signals while messing around in the garage… and knocked them askew. I assume yours illuminate in orange? Nice mods - I also see the rear hub guard😁.
Thank you. The Rizoma signals I installed are super bright. This is the 3rd bike I’ve installed them on. Not cheap but top,quality.

If that's an engine guard from SW-Motech, does it need to come off for oil changes?
I got the same engine guard in aluminum color, and the mechanic didn’t mention it when the bike was in for service earlier this spring.
And I fastened it securely with Loctite as described in the instructions.
So I guess it is not in the way for normal maintenance.

Back