• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Mindis V7-850 Mods

I'm shopping today......well in reality I'm the mule carrying the other half's hand bag and coat while she tries on every piece of clothing in M and S Hedgend 😁

So while doing that I found this thread for the first time- yes I know I'm a failure
Truly excellent M, please continue to report your progress 👏👏👏👏

....... bugger in the time it's taken me to write this to write this the OH has disappeared. Now I'll be in strife 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
WHAT!?! 😲 😵‍💫 🤯

Who are you and what have you done with Mindis?

🧐
I'm honestly not joking here... All of my life I've been making things my way. From cars and vans I've owned, all of material things, etc. Every job I had, it had to be a system, my system, because I believe I can make it better, or at least better for myself. Sometimes teachers were raising eyebrows at my work when I was in art school, good or bad, my "visual opinions" were weird, in a good way LOL Motorcycles are mechanical form of art for me, and the type of art that I can temper with. Some purists think that tempering with this art is like drawing a goggles on Mona Lisa with a sharpie. In some cases I think so as well:)
When I saw first picture of preproduction V100, I immediately fell in love with it. And later I saw Marina color with my own eyes at a dealership. I was afraid to touch it. I was afraid to sit on it.... (that's because I haven't found my wealthy cougar yet LOL) I follow that bike, and every time I open a pic, I can not see anything that I can "visually improve to my better liking". My messed up head that's never short on imagination and creativity goes blank, V100 is my Mona Lisa:)

My fender/brace got a coat of enamel to seal it on the inside, ...

...and a final satin finish on the outside, ...

... and went back where it belongs:

This one turned out a tiny bit wider that my previous fender, and it is a little bit further away from the wheel. I couldn't get it closer without butchering the brace so I call it good (enough lol)

I also mounted a little bracket on my left handlebar for my Uniden R4. It's a medical device for my right wrist, it alerts me when it gets too twitchy on that throttle :D If I had my headlight bucket made from fiberglass then I could hide it right under it and it would've been invisible, but carbon fiber is conductive and drastically blocks RF signals. Mounting place atm is not ideal... Sticking out like sore thumb and visible to cops. Even though radar detectors are legal in BC, cops still frown up on them and might want to pull you over to ask other questions LOL

It’s a bit late now for suggestions :rofl: But if you told us about it earlier in the design process :wasntme:
I was thinking of what might look like a little scoop under you head light faring above the lower fork tree, that it could sit inside of ?
Like where I tried to make it yellow ?

Attachments

• IMG_3179.jpeg
    IMG_3179.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
It’s a bit late now for suggestions :rofl: But if you told us about it earlier in the design process :wasntme:
I was thinking of what might look like a little scoop under you head light faring above the lower fork tree, that it could sit inside of ?
Like where I tried to make it yellow ?
I thought about that but wasn't sure whether it would work... I'm not keeping it on the bike all the time, it goes in my van as well, therefore I have to make it easily removable. I'll have to take it with me all the time when the bike parked when I'm out shopping etc, not giving anyone a chance for a crime of opportunity. It's not cheap but already paid itself off LOL I also want to see info on it when I'm riding. I got rid of my voltage monitor because this one has that feature, and I'm watching Ghz bands when getting alerts. There's quite a few bogus 24.xx Ghz K and Ka band signals in my area that I can mark and silence on that detector, popo are not the only ones that are using them, but when I see a 34.xx Ghz Ka band alert- definitely time for brakes:D

I’ll just delete my post.. :wasntme:
No!!! LOL
Any idea is a food for thought. Good or bad, it's still an idea, and what's good or bad/right or wrong is just a matter of opinion. I appreciate any input from anyone. Even though I'm stubborn and want to do things my way, I still need to step back and look at things through different eyes:)

Doh !
Forgot about having to see it :p
I’ll just delete my post.. :wasntme:
No, it's a great idea.
Given that Mindis takes everything apart. Why not take apart the detector and run new wires to move just the lights up to eve level, leaving the rest hidden below. Very James Bond.

Yeah !
He could make a cool little CF enclosure for the display part !
Perfect - That’s team work :rofl:
And since we all know that Mindis can make anything....

How about a wireless connection from the unit to the LEDs that get mounted directly in the helmet. No wires, perfect sight into the corner of the eyes. Impossible for anyone to know they are even there. 🍿

A really good HUD design would be amazing for riders. I have seen lots of HUD helmets come and go, most of them failed miserably. A few we OK, but very expensive and you were totally locked into their design and support structure.

HUD part is the best idea I've heard in a long while!!! Pff, I could definitely hack it into my helmet! ...minus the screen/HUD part... LOL
In my previous racing drones and FPV (First Person View) hobby I made few video helmets before I got expensive video goggles. There's a 5in LCD screen strapped on to bicycle helmet with video receiver, and magnifying lens between LCD and your eyes. The trickiest part is not the electronics, it's the optical. It has to be a sweet spot between the distances and angles between your eyes, the lens, and LCD screen, otherwise ya'll be cross-eyed, won't focus, and eyes will get sore very quickly. Like watching big TV 2ft away through thick magnifying glasses. In HUD helmet info has to look like it is at least 10ft further away, putting little screen in front your nose won't work, it would take way too long to re-focus your eyes from the road to the screen and back. If I had spare money I'd be probably tinkering with that idea but I need my radar detector for my van as well. I'd look rather weird at 7am driving to work in my looser-cruiser-minivan with Icon Airflite helmet on while trying to smoke and drink coffee at the same time LOL

Back