• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

UpMap Q&A

So, I remapped my bike with the map for aftermarket exhaust with no db killers. Big improvement! I had a bike shop do the SAS kit and the Evap delete prior to putting the Agostini shortys on myself and I removed the db killers. When I got the bike back from my mechanic I noticed a hesitation when giving it throttle in first gear. He mentioned that to me as well. After I added the Agostinis the hesitation got worse. The new map just took care of that. There is some popping on deceleration, but not always, and nothing I can't live with. This will definitely satisfy me until Todd comes out with his own map I can download via UpMap!

Hey Todd, one person had asked if the UpMap can be used as a Diagnostic tool for example to reset the maintenance light after oil change intervals, etc. Is there any way to find out? My closest dealer is 3 hours away so would hate to have to go that far just to reset the light once i get past 900 miles. Just got the bike and only have 400 for now. I'm thinking maybe under the DTC page in app?

I bought a pigtail so I could plug in a standard OBD2 scanner and I haven't been able to figure out how to shut that stupid maintenance light off.

It sounds like good progress, getting close. I'll wait a bit as I don't see your maps on UpMap yet, probably "in progress"... as it were these days.

Hopefully more info about any service functions the UpMap unit can perform, hopefully some.....

I wish it was the opposite, you buy 1 UpMap unit that can be used on different bikes then pay for the map for that particular bike. I'm considering UpMap for one of my Ducatis and it seems like I have to buy 2 units, seems like a waste of hardware to me.

Any news on availability of the GTM V85tt base map? I don’t see a map for the OEM configuration on the Upmap site yet. Thanks for your work on this Todd! I have happily been running one of your maps on my V7 for years, and am eager to upload a GTM map to my V85tt.

If I buy the upmap device now and download one of their generic maps, will I have to pay again to get one of Todd’s maps?

Hey Todd, one person had asked if the UpMap can be used as a Diagnostic tool for example to reset the maintenance light after oil change intervals, etc. Is there any way to find out? My closest dealer is 3 hours away so would hate to have to go that far just to reset the light once i get past 900 miles. Just got the bike and only have 400 for now. I'm thinking maybe under the DTC page in app?
So I got (easily) connected to a '21 V7-850 today and recorded the sequence to share here soon. Definitely no on the Service wrench, and on the bike I had, the DTC showed "No errors" - so I'll assume that means if any do flag, it will show there. On a quick Google search, below shows a screen on a Ducati, and they said it was cleared by clicking on the trash icon top right. As soon as I'm able to confirm, I will post again on it, or if anyone here does it before me, please post.

T800 DTC Duc

It sounds like good progress, getting close. I'll wait a bit as I don't see your maps on UpMap yet, probably "in progress"... as it were these days.

Hopefully more info about any service functions the UpMap unit can perform, hopefully some.....

I wish it was the opposite, you buy 1 UpMap unit that can be used on different bikes then pay for the map for that particular bike. I'm considering UpMap for one of my Ducatis and it seems like I have to buy 2 units, seems like a waste of hardware to me.
Slow going as usual as with most all things Italian. Their business model is to sell one unit for every bike, else profit on their investment goes down the drain. As a consumer I agree with you, but as a business, it doesn’t make sense. This isn’t the automotive market where there’s million$ to be made.
Any news on availability of the GTM V85tt base map? I don’t see a map for the OEM configuration on the Upmap site yet. Thanks for your work on this Todd! I have happily been running one of your maps on my V7 for years, and am eager to upload a GTM map to my V85tt.
Not yet, This seems like it will be a L-O-N-G process, as they have typically developed maps in house and sold them through their app portal.. mostly for the money-making market with Ducati. Only a new relationship with GC has opened the door for them with Guzzi... However, they keep telling me they are developing something for "tuners" like myself.
If I buy the upmap device now and download one of their generic maps, will I have to pay again to get one of Todd’s maps?
That is the plan, yes. To be able to offer one free map for those who purchase from me.

Any updates? It seems like I should wait until Todd's maps are on UpMap. Or.... does it make sense to try the GC map first?
I'd also like to know about any service minder/code reading capability of the unit, if any. For the price it should at least read OBDII codes, that's a no brainer.

Turning off the service minder would be very nice. I don't get why bike companies force you to go to a dealer to turn off the minder while car companies allow you to do it yourself very easily. There's no legality about it, just company policy. If it's the case I can't turn it off then the minder will just stay on and I'll ignore it, been there, done that.

I just did a good run 150 miles of dirt roads and back roads with my V85TT Euro 5 bike with the first zard up map installed. I wish I could keep the traction control off... What a difference! GTM has the work cut out for them. I did a short review on my YouTube channel ZAP59

Any updates? It seems like I should wait until Todd's maps are on UpMap. Or.... does it make sense to try the GC map first?
I'd also like to know about any service minder/code reading capability of the unit, if any. For the price it should at least read OBDII codes, that's a no brainer.

Turning off the service minder would be very nice. I don't get why bike companies force you to go to a dealer to turn off the minder while car companies allow you to do it yourself very easily. There's no legality about it, just company policy. If it's the case I can't turn it off then the minder will just stay on and I'll ignore it, been there, done that.

The UpMap app does have a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) section. I just recently got mine, and haven't had a chance to hook it up yet, so not sure what sort of functionality is there, exactly... but it does have it.

As for why the manufacturer is pushing people to go to the dealer? Simple. They want you to go to the dealer... for everything... and give them money. I don't think the reasoning is anything deeper than that. That's why the tool kit comes with approximately zero tools, and the user manual says to go to the dealer for just about everything. Beyond putting fuel into it, they'd like to to go to a dealer for any and all work to be done on the bike. Which, is fine... in theory... as long as you have a local dealer. We all have local dealers, right?!? LOL

__Jason

I just did a good run 150 miles of dirt roads and back roads with my V85TT Euro 5 bike with the first zard up map installed. I wish I could keep the traction control off... What a difference! GTM has the work cut out for them. I did a short review on my YouTube channel ZAP59
Nice glowing review of the upmap . You can keep the traction control off by doing it in the Custom mode

Last edited:
The UpMap app does have a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) section. I just recently got mine, and haven't had a chance to hook it up yet, so not sure what sort of functionality is there, exactly... but it does have it.

As for why the manufacturer is pushing people to go to the dealer? Simple. They want you to go to the dealer... for everything... and give them money. I don't think the reasoning is anything deeper than that. That's why the tool kit comes with approximately zero tools, and the user manual says to go to the dealer for just about everything. Beyond putting fuel into it, they'd like to to go to a dealer for any and all work to be done on the bike. Which, is fine... in theory... as long as you have a local dealer. We all have local dealers, right?!? LOL

__Jason
Yeah. Sure. Mine is 4.5 hours away.

Today I installed a new exhaust and SAS delete on the V85TT (wow... getting that SAS blanking plate on the right cylinder head was insane... I almost gave up on it. Doing the SAS delete on the V7III was a piece of cake compared to this... but I digress.)

Naturally, I left the simple part for last - the UpMap reflash. Unfortunately, that ended in failure. The UpMap can talk to the bike OK, it can download and restore the OEM map with no problems. But when I try to flash a new map, I get the following:

IMG 3352

The error appears only after the upload is 100% complete. Anyone see this particular one before? Tried a number of times, rebooting the phone, unplugging/replugging the UpMap, bike off/on, etc. Same result each time so far.

__Jason

Back