• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

UpMap Q&A

I’m really considering the Upmap, as I want to get some decat headers for my E5 v85tt. Already have a mistral muffler so Ofcoarse don’t want to run without some more fuel/air adjustments, but not sure if their maps cater more specifically to individual mods but rather blanket mods - hence blanket tunes? Considered the rapid bike module as at least it has a “auto tune” as such, but see many get engine lights…guess it might be best to wait for Todd’s PC6/AT solution, although I really want some headers as stock tune is annoying🙈👍

Contact Todd per email...
info @guzzitech.com
He will get you all the answers you need!

New Guzzi owner, slowly getting my head around everything I need to know

V85TT E5, nearly bought a booster plug until I did my due diligence here.

Going to get an UpMap, I have a set of Arrow headers and Y pipe, intending to use the stock muffler. And a K&N filter ( or similar)

There's 5 EU maps on the UpMap site, I was thinking the map for full system with dB killer was closest.

Anyone know how clever the ECU is...will it be able to make enough adjustment?

Thanks
K999

I have a set of Arrow headers and Y pipe, intending to use the stock muffler. And a K&N filter (or similar)
There's 5 EU maps on the UpMap site, I was thinking the map for full system with dB killer was closest.
Anyone know how clever the ECU is...will it be able to make enough adjustment?
Are you buying from us?
ECU: It cannot. See first paragraph here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gtm-ecu-v7-v9-flash-tool.15044/

We have begun shipping the full kit per the post below - then scroll to see post #36. Using our GTM headers/Y with stock muffler got ~77 rwhp. The Mistral headers and Y was significantly down on power. Using our full GTM system with long muffler (with db) we got 83.6 rwhp. Our short muffler (which two people have purchased since 2019), would yield even more.
We'll get it online for those wanting the full kit with UpMap & PC6/AT3, or email us direct; Sales @GTMotoCycles.com

Ah thanks I hadn't seen that thread.

Do u ship to the UK? Would like to buy from u, I'll have to look at customs charges and VAT.
BW
K999

We ship worldwide daily. Not sure of your noise and emissions laws.
Cool. Noise is at the discretion of the tester at annual inspection (from 3 years old). As long as the system isn't marked ' not for road use' or similar. Obnoxiously loud will get a ticket tho

No emissions testing for bikes here.

BW

K999

So I flashed my ECU on my 2022 v7 850 with a new map from UpMap when it only had 500 miles on the odometer. I did all my oil maintenance and valve adjustment myself at 800 miles. I'm now at 1050 miles and the maintenance icon never appeared. Could it be possible that the UpMap T800 maps completely disabled the maintenance icon from ever appearing again?

Last edited:
Interesting question. I’ve never seen that light lit on mine. The owner’s handbook says that the service light does not light up for the first service only, which presumably means that the dealer activates from then. I do wonder if you never have the first service you never get the light?
I know that UpMap has no facility to turn off the light. I don’t know the answer to your question - it could be that the dealer never activated it, UpMap disables it or something else. Like you I’d be interested in a definitive answer. I’d also like to know if you download the original map whether you get the latest one for your model or the one it originally came with. So many questions….

I don't think it does and there is no mention of it on the UPMAP site. They are very specific in what you can do & what is disabled - Lambda sensors and the need to keep then connected. So I don't think they would have missed mentioning the service icon being disabled!

Ahh I see. I guess I'll just have to wait till I get to 6k miles which will probably be in a couple of years 😄. Thanks

Appolgies if this has already been asked.
If I buy the Up Map unit and sell my bike can I keep the Up Map unit and use it on the replacement bike or is it locked to the bike?
Also how well does it work on an E5 V85TT with std set up, no mods at all? Does it improve that fluffy feeling at low revs?
Thanks Martin

Appolgies if this has already been asked.
If I buy the Up Map unit and sell my bike can I keep the Up Map unit and use it on the replacement bike or is it locked to the bike?
Also how well does it work on an E5 V85TT with std set up, no mods at all? Does it improve that fluffy feeling at low revs?
Thanks Martin
No, it cannot be used on another motorcycle, as you say, it is locked to your bike.

Installed the T800 UpMap a few days ago, and I'm thoroughly impressed with the difference in throttle response, especially below 3k RPM!

One issue I did have was with my Android and the UpMap application. It was completely unable to 'find' the T800 - the Bluetooth icon would come up, it would go to the 'founded device' screen, and then nothing would happen. The GTM video AND the GM instructions both say it can take awhile, so I left it there while I was doing a few other things on the bike. Even after 15-20 minutes, there was still nothing for me to select. I used my wife's iPhone and it took MAYBE 5s for the device to pop up once the app hit that screen...

My phone is a Google Pixel 6, up to date on firmware, etc, and the app was downloaded within two days of attempting the install. Has anyone else run into this problem? Thankfully, I wasn't planning to mount it permanently to track rides and whatnot, so it's certainly not the end of the world.

To answer your question, I didn't have any problem with Android/UpMap. I didn't try to pair the device to the phone first, I just did everything from within the app. Android found the device in maybe 10 seconds?

Motorola Edge 30 Neo phone on Android 12

To answer your question, I didn't have any problem with Android/UpMap. I didn't try to pair the device to the phone first, I just did everything from within the app. Android found the device in maybe 10 seconds?

Motorola Edge 30 Neo phone on Android 12
Thanks for the reply! When I reference the Bluetooth icon, I was referring to the one that pops up on the app. After it didn't work on multiple occasions, I tried to connect through the phone's Bluetooth settings to no avail. As much as it pains me to say it, the iPhone saved the day haha

Anyone successfully contacted upmap? Having a few fuelling issues with the map I got for my v85tt and hoping to contact them to help them make a refinement to the map as it would seem a lot of us v85 owners are experiencing the bucking sensation. Email contact on their website won't work either:tmi:....if only we could get Todds upmap's

Back