• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V100 Mods thread

Hello guys, Im based in Madrid, Spain.
Just got my Guzzi V100 Mandello. Very happy so far. I wanted to share some basic mods.

1) For those wondering about windscreen, I suggest you try first the extenders/deflectors. Seems to be perfect for the job. Cheap and easy.
First is PUIG, kinda small. The other is a 10 buck generic, seems to be just fine.

2) Also for a more upright position, any 28mm handlebar raiser's can do the job. Bike improves a lot with this basic mod.

I also upgraded main hose clamp, to avoid any coolant leak, wondering how are you doing guys with this issue?
Is the affected clamp the one in red, or there are other clamps affected???

Looking forward to collaborate, If you are in Spain, send me a message!

See ya on the road!!

IMG_20240610_170057.jpg IMG_20240610_170300.jpg IMG-20240610-WA0021.jpeg Super Tenere Soporte Manillar2.jpg IMG_20240524_134850.jpg

word of warning. went to the signwriter today , pealed off the electrical tape to show the the "original orange gills" only to find the "clear coat lacquer" on the gills started to peal off....my recommendation is to be careful if you go down that route. I'm still going to get them covered professionally ,but I was very surprised at the ease the original clear topcoat peeled off.

Last edited:
Hello guys, Im based in Madrid, Spain.
Just got my Guzzi V100 Mandello. Very happy so far. I wanted to share some basic mods.

1) For those wondering about windscreen, I suggest you try first the extenders/deflectors. Seems to be perfect for the job. Cheap and easy.
First is PUIG, kinda small. The other is a 10 buck generic, seems to be just fine.

2) Also for a more upright position, any 28mm handlebar raiser's can do the job. Bike improves a lot with this basic mod.

I also upgraded main hose clamp, to avoid any coolant leak, wondering how are you doing guys with this issue?
Is the affected clamp the one in red, or there are other clamps affected???

Looking forward to collaborate, If you are in Spain, send me a message!

See ya on the road!!

View attachment 36423View attachment 36424View attachment 36426View attachment 36427View attachment 36428

Shortly after purchasing my bike I opted for the Guzzi touring windscreen. It is roughly $300.00 for $10.00 better protection and it doesn't look anything like the picture on their website. So thanks grider I'll be adding an extender.

Thanks, I saw a picture of yours and liked the sheepskin. Is that a custom size they made for you, or one of their standard sizes ? She's sending me pictures of similar tan colors that they have available. Haha.

IMG_7591.jpeg

Everybody has to ride their own ride but are these things really that comfortable?

It could be like being carried by angels and I just don’t think I could do that to one of my motorcycles.

It’s just God awful ugly 🤮 and in truth, it reminds me of those faux fur ridiculous shaggy toilet seat covers that were popular in the 70’s. 😵‍💫

Last edited:
Everybody has to ride their own ride but are these things really that comfortable?
They are. Cold climates even more so. They allow constant movement of the “contact” area. My grandfather used them, along with my Dad’s big-mile friends, so I tossed one on my stock brick-hard Jackal seat (in desperation) long before aftermarket or custom seat folks were readily available. I only put it on when riding. The place I bought it from had “butt-sized” pieces box for $20 ions ago. ;)

Searching for a more touring windshield.
Trouble is, you buy it, it's yours, can't return a windshield generally.
Looking at:
Givi
Powerbronze
Puig
Cal-Sci

I kind of favor the Powerbronze and Givi for appearance.
So if anyone is using any one of the above shields, please write your evaluation please!
Thanks!

Searching for a more touring windshield.
Trouble is, you buy it, it's yours, can't return a windshield generally.
Looking at:
Givi
Powerbronze
Puig
Cal-Sci

I kind of favor the Powerbronze and Givi for appearance.
So if anyone is using any one of the above shields, please write your evaluation please!
Thanks!
Same here, I like the shape of the Biondi medium, I figure I'll replace my stocker when it gets cold out and see.

View attachment 36562

It could be like being carried by angels and I just don’t think I could do that to one of my motorcycles.

It’s just God awful ugly 🤮 and in truth, it reminds me of those faux fur ridiculous shaggy toilet seat covers that were popular in the 70’s. 😵‍💫
I would suggest you don't buy one. Really I think they work well. Much better than sitting on the bare seat, JMO.

@Kevin.NZ - Did you remove your horn, or is it behind the shield?

@South Westerly - I seem to recall another post here on the forum with a shield template that someone provided, based on one the poster made.

@scottmastrocinque - I had the same concern when I purchased a radiator guard (wondering if it would affect cooling). All I can say is, I rode 5K miles last summer/season, including a couple multi-day trips across central KY in blistering heat (my temp readout hit 96). I, myself got really hot riding in the sun, but the bike didn’t. Temp gauge remained in the safe zone. I will credit Guzzi with their first water cooled engine - it does the job from what I’ve seen. That said, I do agree that airflow is a good thing! Cheers!
Hi BDS, sorry for the late reply, only just noticed this, I removed the moto guzzi horn ages ago and fitted two separate larger horns onto each of the engine bars. Theres a threaded hole for spotlights so I used those. They operate via a relay. I did try to fit air horns but couldn't find a place to fit the compressor

Reactions: BDS
Hi BDS, sorry for the late reply, only just noticed this, I removed the moto guzzi horn ages ago and fitted two separate larger horns onto each of the engine bars. Theres a threaded hole for spotlights so I used those. They operate via a relay. I did try to fit air horns but couldn't find a place to fit the compressor
Hehe… no worries. Yep, the stock horn is pretty pathetic. Sounds like outta the scooter bin😉!

Took some shots today now that I finally installed all the farkles....
  • Radiator grille
  • Cylinder protection
  • Tank bag/ring
  • Rizoma Reverse Retro mirrors
  • Rear rack and grab rails
  • Front axle crash guard
  • Front fender extender (small)
Planned a ride to Western NY & PA week after next, she's only got 500 miles on her so this should be fun. Also, noticed the first service is listed to be done at 7K miles.....? Isn't it usually much shorter for the first service, anyone know? TIA

1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 2.jpg

No idea where you got that 7k mile figure for the first service but it's wrong. First service is due at 1500 kms (900 miles).
Thanks, it's strange I was looking at an online version of the service book and either I missed it or something was corrupt - it was all the services being 7.5 (or annual) for much of the change outs, but I looked at different site and it was indeed showing 1500km for 1st.

I knew it had to be a lot lower for initial, thanks!

Back